“Consistently good food and great wait-staff”

Ling and Louie's Asian Bar & Grill
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Larimer
Transit: Light Rail is 1 1/2 blocks to the West.
Description: Casual Asian Fusion cuisine specializing in Chinese, Vietnamese, and Korean dishes. We only use the freshest locally grown produce and high quality meats. We feature 48 made from scratch sauces in our award winning dishes. Winner of "Best Asian Fusion Restaurant" From Channel 7"s A-list for 2008, 2009 and 2010.
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Try the Evil Jungle Princess Chicken or Beef! The Tom Kha Gai soup is also fantastic, an amazing curry flavor with just the right spicy heat. The wait staff is always top notch. When time allows, we always stop here on our trips to/from the airport.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Tonight was my first time at Ling & Louie's, but it won't be the last. The flatbread appetizer was delicious. I had the mussels, and while they were overcooked, the sauce was absolutely delicious...almost making up for the fact that there weren't many mussels and that they were overcooked. Shared one of the two desserts with my friend, and it was good, but VERY sweet. So, would I go back, yep!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

We travel to Denver a LOT...and we have family & friends there so we often hear about great places to eat. This time...the suggestion came from the front desk at the Marriott Gateway Park. This is definitely one of our new favorites in the Denver area and not just for the food which was great!! We are not picky eaters...but we do have a vegetarian and a vegan as part of our family of four so there are places we used to eat that just don't fit for us anymore. Also, it's been our experience that even when a restaurant provides vegi/vegan options...there aren't many and we get some frustrated looks. NOT here! First, while there are only a handful of vegi/vegan options...they are very, very tasty. We tried the Vegan Pad Thai and the Vegi Stir Fry with vegan sauce. Both were very good. My husband had the Sizzlin' Salmon and liked it very much...and my oldest daughter tried the Long Live Chicken & Rice Soup...SO good! The Crab Wontons were also very good...but definitely leave room for the Banana Caramel Spring Roll Dessert...huge thumbs up on that one.
All that is enough to encourage us to go back the next time we're in town...but the other reason we'll put it at the top of our list is the service. I don't know if it's always like this...but Tina, our server, was top-notch...and I mean one of the best I've encountered in any of the major cities to which we've traveled. Friendly, very knowledgeable about the menu etc. At one point, one of us spilled a drink and, honestly, almost before any of us could react Tina and Morgan were at our table cleaning it up, putting a fresh replacement on the table and replacing the soup that was nearby even though we were sure it hadn't been affected. Oh...and my husband ordered a beer...but it didn't come out with the other drinks. No problem for us...however, the bartender came by to say there had been too much foam or something but it was on it's way. I know that seems like a small thing...but it's the little things that count!
Great service wins my heart every time...so we will definitely be back!!

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We started out with Louie’s Loaded Nachos, which were seasoned wonton chips with cheese, chicken, onions, wasabi sour cream and Asian guacamole. We followed that up with Jungle Princess Chicken and Teriyaki Chicken. Both excellent. Service was great and very fast. Prices were very reasonable.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

OK, Ling & Louie, we decided to give you another chance -- and you FAILED miserably! Our first try at this awful place was about two years ago during the very busy "Festival of Lights" during Holiday time. It took forever to get our food, service was almost non-existent, and the food was totally forgettable. We decided to give them a pass since it was such a crazy, busy night. This second time (yesterday) was even worse! The restaurant was pretty much empty, there was only one server and one person bringing out food. Service was, again, non-existent. It took 30-40 minutes for our food to come out and it was dumped off by the woman who was delivering from the kitchen. Of course, my partner's dish was some sort of chicken thing and he ordered beef. My orange peel chicken was so overcooked it was inedible -- it looked as if it had been left under a heat lamp for an hour! The one bit of chicken I tried was like chewing on old shoe leather. No server in sight anywhere. We were so disgusted at this point, we decided to tell the hostess at the front and walk! After we were out on the sidewalk headed for our car, here comes the woman who brought the food out saying, "The chef made a mistake on your order -- please let me fix it!" No! YOU made a mistake by bringing out the wrong nasty food! Number 1 rule in the restaurant business for me: DON'T come to me blaming other people for your mistakes. Chef *might* have made the wrong dish, but woman-who-brings-out-food-and-dumps-it didn't check the ticket, either. After our long wait for bad food, I had no intention of waiting another minute for her to fix anything. Then, when we told her we were done and leaving, she got all mad and threw whatever paper she had in her hand and yelled, "FINE!" Dear "woman-who-brings-out-food-and-dumps-it", don't beg -- it's unbecoming. Realize when you've lost customers (already out on the sidewalk), apologize, and focus on keeping the few customers you have left. We won't be back at Ling & Louie's.