“Great View of the City”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Neighborhood: Highland
Neighborhood: Highland
Reviewed January 30, 2013

On my recent trip to Denver, I had the chance to visit Masterpiece deli twice. Once for takeout and once as a sit in.

On a day trip we called ahead and ordered their Cubano sandwich. The bread was hot and toasty and the pork was so flavorful. It wasn't the leanest sandwich to have, but it wasn't meant to be . . . just the right amount of fat to make the sandwich delicious and wanting more.

The second visit, I had the yogurt and granola (yes, quite the opposite side of the meal spectrum). The vanilla yogurt was fresh and the granola was crunchy. The nice added touch was the diced up apples that they topped the dish up with . . . I had never had that before, but i did like it.

Steve came by and chatted with us for a while and that's when I learned about their new addition - Denver Bacon. Their own creation. I didn't get a chance to try it, but it's out and ready to be tasted. I can't wait til they start shipping it so I can try it in So Cal.

Great view of the city.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great location, easy to find, and worth a visit! These sandwiches have reminded us of what a good sandwich should taste like! The neighborhood is great. Park by REI, shop, grab lunch or dinner here, ice cream up the street... It's a great date place and not so hard on the wallet! The Pastrami is number one in my book!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

Small little deli, great breakfast sandwiches and specials. Eaten here at least a dozen times. There can be a little wait to get a sandwich but totally worth it.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Stopped in there for lunch. Was very busy with both dinning in and to-go orders. Is a small place with limited inside/outside seating. We had the ahi tuna, ham and cheese, cubano, and veggie sandwiches. All were very good, fresh bread, and tasty fillings. Sides, cole slaw and mac salad were ok. Sat outside with a view of the mountains in the distance. Was a nice break to the day.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

MD is definitely worth a visit. We work in the Highland neighborhood and none of us had ever eaten here. The line was long and it was a fairly long wait for our meal once we oredered and we took it out to our office. There are very few tables here, so be forewarned that takeout is best. I had the brisket sandwich and it was very tasty, maybe a bit heavy on the sauce, which was more of a cream-based concoction, not the usual BBQ sauce. My colleagues had the cubano, which she said was awesome.