“great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elway's Downtown

Elway's Downtown
Reserve with OpenTable
Elway's Downtown is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #38 of 2,986 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 18th & Curtis St
Transit: ELWAY'S Downtown is located within walking distance to multiple bus and light rail stops. We are happy to assist in offering directions.
Description: Upscale steakhouse located in the lobby of the hotel
Springboro, Ohio
“great value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

I expected an astronomical price given the location in the Ritz Carlton and as the premier steak place in Denver. Ambiance was fantastic, service impeccable, and the food extremely good. Very reasonably priced. I could have easily spent more, but I had a great steak dinner including dessert for less than $50.

Visited May 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“FUMBLE...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

I was in Denver at a meeting at the Ritz and was looking forward to dinner at Elway's. I was brought a Buffalo ribeye instead of a ribeye, which I really did not like. It was over cooked and just was not my thing. I was with clients, so it was totally uncomfortable for me to make a fuss or send my meal back.

I don't think it is asking too much to get the right meal. In fairness, I did not have time to change my meal or give the folks a cnace to recover.

OVERALL AVERAGE

• Visited May 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great steakhouse”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Ate here last year while in Denver on business. Started our meal with an order of the lamb chops, which were to die for. Cooked perfectly and spiced nicely, I could easily have made a meal of them. Also ate a rib eye steak which was also quite good. It was tender, nicely marbled steak with a tasty spice rub. Service was very professional and properly attentive.

• Visited July 2012
Horse Patch, Wyoming
“Expensive Upscale in Lo Do”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Hang onto your wallet; this place is very very expensive but the food is top-notch. I had a 10 oz steak it was wonderful. But I was glad my company was paying for it. All I had was the steak (it does not come with anything else, no salad, no potato, no veggies, you pay extra for that but the sides feed more than one). My steak was $28 without tax or gratuity. But I guess when you have a gourmet meal that's the price!

Visited April 2013
Lakewood, Colorado
“Reliably Delicious, Nice Ambience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

This is a place we always go to during Denver Restaurant Week to get an incredible deal on dependably delicious steaks and sides. We've also gone there for special occasions. I haven't been to the bar that adjoins the restaurant, but it seems to be busy all of the time with a slightly older crowd (i.e. not the 20-something club-going set).

Visited March 2013

Been to Elway's Downtown? Share your experiences!