“Denver's Best Kept Italian Secret”
Review of Locanda Del Borgo

Locanda Del Borgo
Reserve with OpenTable
Locanda Del Borgo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #425 of 3,066 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Holly
Denver
“Denver's Best Kept Italian Secret”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This neighborhood gem is always packed!! Reservations are strongly recommended, yet they do a great job accommodating the less well organized. It can be a little challenging to find on a commercial corner in a residential neighborhood, Holly on 3rd Ave.
Once you find it you will be warmly greeted, promptly seated, and well cared for by the warm and knowledgeable staff. The wine list is extensive with great offerings in every price range. The beet salad is one of my favorites. There is plenty of arugula, fish, pasta, and scallopini specials nightly. Broccoli rabe is always on the menu.
This is a great place for friends and family. The atmosphere is relaxed and serious about food. Everyone will find a little unexpected treasure on this menu. Although packed, it is not noisy, and we frequently meet at Locanda for business.
So, the next time you are in Denver, between Cherry Creek and Colfax, just east of Colorado Boulevard, make a reservation and dine at Locanda del Borgo. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited December 2012

Rhinelander,WI
“Excellent Italian cuisine!”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our party of five was seated almost immediately ( we had reservations) and the place was packed. The atmosphere is lively and service was attentive. I had the lambshank special which was outstanding. My daughter loved her Ricotta Gnocci ( although the portion was quite small) and my son was really happy with the Flat Iron Steak. Nice wine list. I highly recommend this neighborhood restaurant near Cherry Creek.

• Visited October 2012
Denver, Colorado, USA
“Very nice Italian”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just ate lunch there for the very first time. I had the seafood salad. It was on the menu as having squid, shrimp and scallops. I could not find a scallop. However, the salad was excellent. Perfect ratio of seafood to greens and sundries. Delicious flavor. Very reasonable.

Previously had dinner. Lightly breaded flash fried seafood appetizer. Excellent. And spinach lasagne. That was a bit of a question mark. The pasta was spinach and it was poorly explained, I thought. And most of the filling was mushroom which I happen to love. I would have called it mushroom lasagne with spinach pasta. But, again, very tasty and quite reasonable.

Nice atmosphere. Fairly open at lunch but dinner was packed. Nice wine selection.

• Visited August 2012
Denver, Colorado
“Delicious Neighborhood Italian Treasure”
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I think that because this place is located well off the "beaten path" (sorry for the cliché) only adds to its charm and character. For those just visiting Denver, it's still close to Cherry Creek and Downtown and is absolutely worth going there. I am not a local, but love this place so much I make a special effort to visit every time I am in town. The atmosphere is inviting, there is a covered, outside patio, the wine list is more than sufficient and open kitchens are always fun. I just read that they are now open for lunch (yea!) but please keep in mind that the restaurant is closed all day Monday. I don't believe I've ever had a reservation, but I never mind a long wait at this restaurant - the food is worth it and the bar is more than sufficient a place to happily bide my time there. While I can't vouch for the "authenticity" of their Italian food (I've been to Italy, but as a southern Jewish girl, I'm not one to speak about "real" Italian food), I can vouch for its deliciousness. Enjoy!

• Visited May 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona
“A hidden treasure”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

Neighborhood restaurant. Went on a Friday night and it was jam packed inside and out. The staff was friendly and efficient, during the chaotic scene. The food was really good. Basic Italian, fresh, fresh and tasty. Will return, soon and often.

• Visited June 2012