All reviews fire pit quiet hours capitol hill hot tub walking distance street mall mansion facilities shower bed
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2018 via mobile

I stayed in the hostel for 3 nights. 1 with my brother in a 6 bed dorm and alone, on the end of my trip, alone in a 4 bed form for additional 2 nights.
Most of the staff were very friendly, informative and efficient.
The rooms are not huge but the beds are built in a way that allows for privecy and comfort - curtains, electrical sockets as well as usb, bed light, under bed locker and comfy mattress.
The showers and bathrooms are shared and spread around the house (towel is supplied by request)
There's a small but sufficient guest kitchen (no breakfast though), as well as free coffee and tea.
The design of the place, especially the common arras, is great and it looks authentic and very welcoming. More of a boutique home-style hotel
The back yard, hot tub, and parking, add to the overall impression
So, all in all very good. Why 4 stars and not 5?
Being a hostel owner myself, i might be more critic with the details and there are two issues:
1. It seems a bit costly for a shared room (btw - no reason to prefer the 4 over the 6 bed dorm).
2. More important: i checked out on time. But when i asked to use the common showers before getting to the airport (for a very long flight) - my request was rejected by the recepcionist (Matti?). This is a small detail that cost almost nothing and makes a huge difference.
I would reduce my overall mark even more, but i understood it is not necessarily the house policy.

Date of stay: September 2018
1  Thank drortishler
Thea D, General Manager at Ember Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2018

We thoroughly enjoyed ya'll during your multiple stays with us. We appreciate the detailed response and appreciate the glowing review. As you know, it is not our policy to deny facilities to guests. We allow guests to use the facilities both prior to check in and after check out. Madi is brand new and was doing her best to ensure the security of all our guests and the hostel. We've reiterated the house policy to all staff. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here solo for a wedding I was attending. I was looking to save some money. My flight was delayed and I was arriving wee hours of the night. I was worried that check in may be a problem bc it was so late. They have 24/7 front desk staff and they were there to greet me and the process was so easy! The hostel itself is cute and well kept. I travel a lot but usually don’t don’t shared hostel spaces bc I am a light sleeper. My “roommates” were quiet and respectful of the quiet hours. The bed had a little curtain to hide the light, which was something little but helped me sleep. The bathrooms were clean, water pressure is great.. and I never had a problem w availability of a shower. If anyone is looking to save some money, I would 100% recommend this place!

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 3, 2018 via mobile

One of the nicest and cleanest places i have ever stayed as far as hostels go. Friendly staff, comfortable beds and i loved the privacy curtains on the bunks. Beautiful and inviting patio area with a hot tub. I stayed in the back annex building which was always very clean and quiet. Will absolutely stay again on my next visit to denver. I highly reccomend this hostel to everyone. Thanks for a memorable stay in colorado.

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed July 11, 2018

I have stayed in hostels all over the world and this is easily one of the best as far as facilities go. It's a beautiful historic house full of luxurious furniture and old-fashioned charm with an awesome little back patio complete with fire pit and hot tub. There's a dart board, board games, a coffee station, water tank, a TV, and plenty of comfy seating inside, and great spacious private shower rooms with waterfall showers! The dorms are so nice too- underbed storage space and each bunk has its own light, outlet, and privacy curtain. Also parking is free! Only a mile out from the city center. I really can't think of anything negative... It's not really a party atmosphere but was definitely sociable out on the back patio. Such a nice stay- brought my friends who had never been to a hostel and they loved it too. Wholly recommend.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 19, 2018

This is indeed luxury hostel living!! When I tell you, Ember Hostel was swanky, please believe me!! A mansion converted to a hostel, complete with unlimited espresso bar, fire pit, tour info, hot tub and other awesome amenities. While it’s a little more expensive than a normal hostel it’s still super reasonable. The beauty of most hostels is that they allow you access to everything on the premises except the room, outside of your check in/check out time. You’re truly a guest and welcome. Denver is very friendly and safe. I had a wonderful time there. They have parking available and it's close to many eating spots. The beds are plush and there's a water station in the hall. Great for middle of the night thirst, as they told me to stay hydrated in Denver. Great place and I would definitely come back!!

Date of stay: June 2018