“Brilliant!!”

Children's Museum of Denver
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: At the Children's Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus, you can do it all. Whether you're scaling a 3 1/2 story climber, stepping inside a 6-foot bubble or sculpting a clay masterpiece, there is always a new adventure to explore, create or discover!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage, Activities for young children
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a fantastic day here with our 3 year old, she loved every minute, highly recommend it, just wish we had one near us at home. The tooltations were fabulous and she felt VERY grown up wearing her safety goggles and sawing wood etc, the bubble area is brilliant, there's nothing about it that I could complain about at all, fabulous place!!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Recently I was in Denver with a two-year old very active little boy. I had read the reviews of the Children's Museum and was a bit leery of it. However, it was cold outside so we ventured forth to find it. I am so glad I did!

First of all, it is a bit hard to find. It is next to the Aquarium and shares a parking lot. But the museum parking is free while the other is a pay lot so you have to be careful. The signs are small and hard to see but I eventually found it.

We bought our tickets and entered. There were quite a few staff members and I will say that not all of them were focused on the customers. They were not on their phones, as another reviewer mentioned, but were not engaged with the visitors. They were, however, helpful, whenever I could get their attention.

We headed for the young children's area. I liked that everyone had to take their shoes off to enter. There were cubbies in that room and pay-lockers near the entrance. There was stroller parking in the outer part of the young children's area. It was crowded. Most of what we saw were things to climb on and into. It did not hold my child's attention although the other kids appeared to love it. We left to see what else there was.

Upstairs there is an amazing ball room. Hundreds of balls about the size of a baseball are propelled by air through tubes and into baskets, along the ceiling, all over the place. It was pandemonium but the kids, especially mine, loved it. Lots of staff members keeping the peace and helping move things along.

Next we went to the store and kitchen area. There were lots of packages of food (empty of course) and various fruits and vegetable and other things found in a grocery store along with carts and a realistic checkout counter. This was another popular place. I thought the food items were in very good condition and not ragged, as someone else had said.

The kitchen area was great. There was a pizza oven and a stove. Everything was organized. Pots were under the stove. Felt items to "cook" with and make pizza were in baskets, I believe. There were lots of cooking items and they were all in good condition. This was bother popular area and very crowded although somehow all the kids got a chance to play.

There is a fire truck and fireman clothes to put on. Everything is very realistic. I noticed some craft areas and a bubble area. We did not sample those as they were too old for my child.

Overall, I was very impressed with the quality of the exhibits and the cleanliness of the place. There were so many kids. It appeared that several schools were there for field trips so it was crowded. Still, it did not look beat-up.

Outside there is a small play area and a life-size cow that was fascinating to the younger kids. All in all we had a great time and I would definitely recommend the Children's Museum of Denver.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our almost 3 year old had a blast! He LOVES anything fire truck, so he loved getting to put on a fire costume and play on a real fire truck! He loved the shopping area, painting, and basically everything else there was to do for his age! There was enough to keep him busy for a few hours. We grabbed some lunch at the little shop up front, and it was really good! I loved they had so many healthy options. It was a nice break from the fast food we'd had since traveling so much! It was a little crowded, but that was to be expected at a place like that. It's best to get there early before parking fills up too much as well.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited to check it out on Family Free night which was a complete zoo, so I highly recommend to avoid that chaos unless you are looking to save some $. We traveled about an hour to visit and coming from Indianapolis where the famous Children's Museum is, its hard to really be fair in my judgement here. It was small, but the kids enjoyed the different areas. They had a big fire truck on first floor and everything else was upstairs which included a ball area with different structures to shoot balls around, a storefront, a woodshop, a jungle area to climb around in, a painting studio, a bubble area, rocket launchers and train room. I was expecting it to be bigger in size to space the areas out more, so it was very hard to walk around with crowds of people. Definitely not worth my hour drive to and from, but glad we could check it out.

CMDenver, Manager at Children's Museum of Denver, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

rokeedy ~

We couldn't agree more; free nights are a zoo! Even on a regular day, we know we're quite busy. Some of the best times to visit are Wednesday evenings - we're open until 7:30 and you can get a 2 for 1 coupon on coloradokids.com, Mondays are school-group free, and beautiful sunny days tend to be slower. We hope you'll try us again!

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We visited the Children's Museum of Denver over Spring Break. I was concerned that it would be a little too young for my oldest child, age 9. Could not have been more wrong. Both of my kids (6 & 9) found sections to keep their minds and bodies engaged for several hours. They especially liked the hands on recycling project room and the pint-sized Whole Foods market. The giant bubble room was wonderful for kids of all ages. Would definitely go back again.