“Thrilling!”

$358.80*
Private Denver City Overview Tour
Ranked #6 of 257 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Known for its wide range of Native American art, this museum also contains the only major Asian art collection in the Rocky Mountains.
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I had the opportunity to visit the museum on a recent business trip. What a thrill for me to see original paintings that until now I had only seen in prints! I really enjoyed the permanent exhibits. They were done well. I always like to see Native American exhibits and very much enjoyed this one. It covered many tribes and seemed to have a nice cross section of tribes. I am still waiting to see something by the Lumbees. I submersed myself in each exhibit enjoying the commonalities and differences of culture. I was surprised at my feelings that surfaced with some of the exhibits. Overall it made me realize why the Louvre is compared to movie theaters today. I thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We came for a textile tour, which we enjoyed, but kept getting distracting by the different treasures around every corner. We could have stayed so much longer. I will definitely put this on my list to revisit

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Diverse selection. Even the windows "framed" the snow capped mountains & the city & were a work of art in themselves. The Red Foxes Exhibit was delightful. I love museums and this is a good one. Three hours just flew by.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

An extremely family friendly and informative museum. Very much enjoyed seeing all the Native American and Western art. we spent close to five hours there and still had so many more galleries we wanted to see. Definitely worth price of admission!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The Denver Art Museum is surrounded by a park and clustered with other museums and city tourist oriented buildings. It is entirely worth a special visit by itself or a day-long museum crawl among the other attractions. A display of cowboy art when I was there was extremely well displayed and lighted. I enjoyed the outing and plan to repeat the trip on another visit to Denver.

Been to Denver Art Museum? Share your experiences!