“Do Not Miss the Mythbusters Exhibit!”

Denver Museum of Nature & Science
Book In Advance
More Info
$32.49*
and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #11 of 289 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: The Denver Museum of Nature & Science is the Rocky Mountain region’s leading resource for informal science education. A variety of exhibitions, programs, and activities help Museum visitors experience the natural wonders of Colorado, Earth, and the universe.
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Go now.... even if you don't have kids because that's how cool the Mythbusters exhibit is. Fantastic museum -- friendly, clean, well organized and maintained. Plus, definitely don't miss the view of Denver, the mountains and City Park from the west side of the museum... amazing!! My only complaint is that ticketing process is lengthy, so do whatever you can (online) to avoid this. Plus, it's disappointing that they do not refund your museum visit fee if you purchase a membership the same day.... every other museum I've ever purchased a membership to does this. Otherwise, a great, great Denver gem.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,670)
All reviews
in 63 reviews
"hands on activities"
in 60 reviews

Reviewed October 20, 2013

The museum is organized well. The dioramas are amazing. The view of downtown Denver, Colorado, from the outdoor balcony, fourth floor, is perfect. The health exhibit is interactive; if I ever go back to Denver, I will spend time at the exhibit instead of walking through it. I liked all the exhibits, including the one on Native Americans of the north and the birds. The exhibit tracing evolution, with the dinosaur bones, was fun and interesting. And I was pleased that my former project, GPS, was included in the Space exhibit. The cafe offered foods but I wish we had arrived a half-hour earlier because my husband and I were craving cups of soup; instead we got snack and beverages. The gift shop had a variety of items; I purchased a necklace for my granddaughter.

Reviewed October 19, 2013

Loved our visit to the Museum of Nature & Science! Was in town visiting my sister and we spent the day here. LOVED the IMAX show on butterflies - amazing! And the kids during the IMAX show we're adorable trying to catch all the butterflies. We enjoyed many of the exhibits including the Life area where you use your own data and get a print out at the end - so cool! The Myth Busters exhibit going on right now was fun too. Loved our day here!

Reviewed October 18, 2013

It doesn't matter what your interests are, you will find something at this museum. I happen to love the mummies and IMAX, but you could be into minerals or nature or mining or dinosaurs or one of the traveling displays. There s something for everyone. They have daily shows at the IMAX theater and a cafeteria to sit and eat when you get tired. Take the kids or just yourself, you won't be disappointed. Check ahead to see what displays are there currently and what is playing at the IMAX. Popular shows and exhibits sell out fast, especially in the summer, so make sure they are not sold out before you get there.