“A Great Aquarium”
Review of Downtown Aquarium

Downtown Aquarium
Ranked #25 of 257 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This new innovative aquarium offers self-guided tours through two separate ecosystems, the Colorado River and the Indonesian River.
Reviewed May 9, 2013

The Downtown Aquarium is has 15,000 fish, manmals and plants, including sharks, stingrays and swimming Sumattran tigers. The Aquarium restaurant is where you can eat while seeing sharks anad wonderful tropicals fish

1  Thank alohak116

Reviewed May 8, 2013

I love the aquarium. There is not only fish and sea creatures, but they have birds, tigers, sea otters, frogs, snakes, and other reptiles. Every time I go there I have a great time and find something new. They have certain times where you can see them feed the fish and sometimes they let you feed the fish, so it can be very interactive. I would definitely recommend going to the aquarium, it makes a great day trip.

1  Thank Paige P
Reviewed May 7, 2013

What a fun visit! Loved all of the different fish and animals! Being able to touch and feed the sting rays at the end was so exciting! A must visit while visiting Denver!

1  Thank disneylover6
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

My 3 year old liked this aquarium a lot and so did I. Although it was annoying when grown men would "hog" an exhibit and not let any kid close to see the animals. My daughter lost out on seeing stuff because of this. Parents/adults were not as well behaved as children. I was pushed a few times by adults. Experience is good when you can see exhibits. A little overpriced but it is downtown Denver

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I haven't been there since they first opened over 10 years ago. I finally decided to go again in April 2013 for my anniversary and only experienced the exhibit and not the restaurant. Their voicemail says the price is $16.99 for only the exhibit, but their sign says $17.99 so the cashier said "I haven't listened to the voicemail so I can't give you that price", even though I told her I would call it from my phone so she could listen to it. When I asked for a manger she said "he is not here and I don't have his contact information." We decided to not make a big deal of it and went through the exhibit despite the unfriendly welcome. Some parts of the exhibit were nice, like the area where the fish swim over your head, but other parts you can see at the Denver Zoo. All in all, we enjoyed our visit, but it will be at least another 10 years until we go back.