“Plan to go early as parking can be a hassle”
Review of Denver Zoo

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 257 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed March 25, 2014

The animal exhibits and habitats were accessible and well done. The staff was friendly and the animal shows were fun. One of the nicest zoos we have been to.

1  Thank Ada S

Reviewed March 24, 2014

I really like this zoo. There is so much to see. Get your walking shoes on. You'll want to get there early so as not to have to walk a mile to the entrance. Bring sunscreen! And pace yourself, because there is a lot of ground to cover. We usually pack a lunch, so it's nice that there are places to sit "picnic style". Prices for treats are typically high. Bathrooms are not always readily available, so use one when you pass it. And just enjoy the day.

1  Thank Mitriza
Reviewed March 18, 2014

So the grounds and the exhibits are beautiful and amazing and clean and well-kept! My ONE problem, my ONE issue... (Let me interrupt right here and say that I have NO zoological/animal-behavior background/expertise, but I VOLUNTEER at my small, hometown zoo :)) I don't like how the employees interact with the animals. Now wait a minute! That's not to say that there's ANYTHING negative in any interaction that I saw, I just don't like that they interact with them at ALL, you know? It's a zoo not a circus! I don't know. I'm sure they've got experts and MUCH smarter people than me deciding on what's good and safe for the animals, but I just saw more interaction with them than I'm used to.

1  Thank Bridget B
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a great zoo for visiting so many of the worlds amazing animals. Our children loved our recent visit. The zoo is kept very clean. My only wish is that someone would have been shoveling the slush that had accumulated after the previous night's snow. It was melting fast but a little sloppy to get around in. A must visit in Denver!

2  Thank jhorton_mn
Reviewed March 12, 2014

This zoo is amazing.....it has a great variety of beautiful animals, The place is very well signalized, clean, and easy to visit

2  Thank contreras g

Been to Denver Zoo? Share your experiences!