“Amazing!”

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 256 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Such an amazing zoo! It took us close to 4 hours to walk through (with strollers) and still feel like we didnt see everything. The animals were so active! This is definatly a must see if you are in Denver.

There are newer reviews for Denver Zoo

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We purchase a season pass every year around April and we are able to enjoy it for a whole year! 20% off all retail purchases with a membership! We enjoy the open spaces, the cleanliness, the ice cream and of course the animals. The retail shops are surpisingly reasonable for an attraction in my opinion. We will continue to be members every year!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

The brilliant yellows of the autumn leaves created a surrealistic backdrop for my visit to the Denver Zoo in October. Immediately upon entering the gates I was amazed to see the porcupine and the other creature sharing that location actually up and active. Evidently the animals like the cooler weather fall brought! Indeed, throughout the zoo all the animals on display were active and engaged. Without the huge crowds summer generally has plus with the cooler autumn weather, seeing the animals in each display was phenomenally easy! Most were not just sleeping, either. They were up, interacting, and "being real"! This is an experience I've never had at a zoo before.

Plus so many of the animals had babies! During my visit I saw a baby giraffe eating, baby zebras running and nursing, little antelope-like deer kicked up their heels, and a baby snow leopard playfully pouncing on its mother while uttering practice "reows" just to name a few! Even the baby hippo endlessly practiced its swimming. What an amazing experience this was! I never thought of fall as the time the babies arrive but at the Denver Zoo, that seems to be the case.

With all the unique experiences I enjoyed while there it seems wrong to even mention the couple negatives. And they are small. First, hardly any of the food buildings beyond the main gate were open so refreshment choices were few and far between. Unfortunately, I have to admit that as a lover of popcorn, I had the WORST popcorn I've ever eaten while watching the elephant experience. Not a biggie, though, in the grand scheme of things. Secondly, many of the "auxiliary" buildings like trinket shops were also closed away from the main gate... like the stores in the Asian experience section. But I was there to take pictures, not shop, so these minor inconveniences were no big deal!

I would gladly handle the incredibly minor negatives again to receive the unbelievable positives of a very clean zoo with few people obstructing my view of the display inhabitants, very active animals in all cases because of the cooler weather, brilliant leaf displays everywhere as we walked from one location to another, plus almost all animal exhibit buildings were open and none were packed and noisy! Truly a glorious experience!

To be specific, my visit was on 10/24. We arrived an hour after opening and stayed until an hour before closing. Reflecting on all I got to enjoy, I am already looking forward to visiting the zoo next October as well!

Reviewed December 5, 2013

You can do more for your childrens experience then to take them to the zoo. Denver's has spent a lot of money to make this zoo a place that doesn't make you sorry for seeing these beautiful creatures in one place.

1  Thank 88TOAD
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Since I was a child I have loved going to the zoo. This was my first zoo I ever saw. I have watched the zoo grow over the years with new renovations for the animals and visitors. So much to see and do here. A great place to learn about the animals and see them up close. I have been a fan of the Denver Zoo for years and I highly recommend this place.

Been to Denver Zoo? Share your experiences!