Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

from $55.00
from $125.00
from $169.00
3,755 results
All reviews elephant exhibit polar bear big cats wide variety of animals tropical discovery train ride all ages whole family city park elephants enclosures exhibits lion carousel boo reptiles membership
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've lived in Denver for 13 years and only visited this zoo a few times. I now have a 4 year old daughter and while she's been there a few times with her school and her grandma, I was able to finally take her with her dad.
We got there around 1 pm and left when they closed at 5. We went straight to the wagon rental because our daughter does not do well walking in large places. We had just came from breakfast, so we did not need to get food, but it is available. We stopped by for water and soda in a souvenir cup, and dippin dots to cool off.
I would say we got to see mostly everything. I read online that a lot of the animals sleep during the day and this came to be true once we were walking around. We saw hyenas sleeping, and tigers and camels.
We were walking by just in time to see one of the elephants swim in the water and get fed! It was beautiful. There was another elephant that was throwing dirt on himself as sunblock we learned.
My favorite thing was getting to see the polar bear swim. He is beautiful! He was enjoying us watch him. He would do a beautiful backstroke! I also enjoyed the zebras, which are my favorite animal and the giraffes. We saw the snow leopard mama play with her cub, the rhinos and hippos were so calm but still beautiful. Another amazing swimmer was the seal and her baby seal. We also saw penguins and birds and lizards and snakes and birds and omg, I don't know if I mentioned everything.
We took a little break and got on the carousel! Its animal themed and so beautiful! My daughter picked a polar bear to sit on.
It's so grounding to see these animals. Their Majesty, their beauty, their character! Even though I feel like a bit of a rights defender when I think of how they must feel being caged up and watched. But if zoos didn't exist, we would never know the animal's beauty. We would never know what a lot of these animals look like up close because not all of us can go on safari in Africa or the parts of the world these animals are from.
It was a beautiful Sunday afternoon to spend with my family and as we were driving away, I could not help but think of the beauty that sleeps and roams inside this zoo inside this park next to a busy steet in this city. It's so close to me, its down the street from where I work. I should really visit more often.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

I like the fact that you are able to get up close and personal with the animals. Its great for photos, and the weather was great when we went. The staff is a little young and rather kurt but thats fine

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The best part of the zoo was the baby snow leopard. We got to see her play with her baby and the baby was very active.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Had a great time today at the Denver Zoo, it has been awhile since I went to the zoo for something other than the lights at Christmas time. The zoo has updated the Elephant's area and I was very impressed with this new section. There are many new babies at the zoo at this time of year. The price is reasonable for families and parking is free. Spend some time at the Denver zoo and see what is new.

Reviewed July 20, 2013

My husband and I have always loved going to zoo, so once we were in Denver to visit some friends of mine, there were no second thoughts – we’re visiting Denver zoo! The day was pleasant and most of the animals were out. There is plenty of space in Denver zoo so it actually took us a decent amount of time to walk around and see everything that had to be seen. We even managed to see the seal show – it was short but still a great fun for us!