“Impressive Zoo. Fun for family or a date”
Review of Denver Zoo

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 261 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great primate, pachyderm and bird (aviary) exhibits. It had a good jungle and African continent feel for a zoo. Informative staff! Free parking! Surprisingly, not as many food or beverage vendors as I've seen at other zoos. You can bring your own food in if you choose. My daughter and I were in downtown Denver and had some time to explore the city. The Zoo was nearby so we decided to check it out. I would recommend you do so too.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,481)
All reviews
in 55 reviews
"volunteers"
in 62 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Wonderful time, active animals, and friendly staff. Go in the am for cooler weather and more active animals. The whole family had a great time. It took a good 5 hours to see everything....well worth the money.

1  Thank andykiley
Reviewed June 29, 2013

This zoo was wonderful! I visited with my family including 2 cousins ages 8 and 4. They loved it as much as I did. The zoo is huge. Be prepared to walk around and it will take hours. Most of the animals seemed content in their cage. Few were pacing (indicates stress). The bears were a little sad though. The elephants were magnificent! They were so close! We didn't see the Tapir. The parakeet experience was neat for not only the little ones but me too. There were some birds that had no interest in eating, but we found a few that were still hungry in the afternoon. All the indoor exhibits were great and seemed to go on forever. Food and drinks were slightly expensive but it was very warm so we splurged and spent $5 on a root beer float. The zoo is very eco-friendly. Most garbage is turned back into energy or recycled. The entrance fee was $15 per person. It was well worth it!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

It's been well over a decade since I was at the Denver Zoo last - it was practically a new experience for me! This is a very well kept zoo, with interesting enclosures and exhibits. My favorites this visit were the large(!) river fish on display, a monstrous snapping turtle, and the bears. Sadly, we did not see the elephants in their new exhibit, nor the baby snow leopard (despite those being the animals we were told about that caused us to visit in the first place). However, I think this was just bad luck with timing. The gift shop is large and has a great variety of books for adults and children.