“Great Zoo!”

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 256 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I just spent the day yesterday at the zoo and loved their new elephant exhibit. I even had lunch at the Asian cafe and it was great. They serve Asian inspired meals. Not what I was expecting, I was pleasantly surprised. Overall it was a great day, it's a great zoo with a wide variety of animals and shows. I even saw the elephant and sea lion show in the afternoon.

There are newer reviews for Denver Zoo

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Even though the San Diego Zoo covers a very large area, I think that the Denver Zoo delivers a big bang for the buck without leaving you with the feeling that your legs are about to buckle under you and you have seen just as many things.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

We went here for my birthday after not having visited for at least a decade. What a transformation the zoo has undergone in that time. There were four adults in our party and it made us just as happy as the little kids to see all of the animals!

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Always fun to see new stuff at the Denver Zoo. Recommend you get the annual pass, saves money, go back many times during the year.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have moved away form Denver but I have maintained our membership because the Denver Zoo is always worth a visit.It is one of my favorite zoos in the country. Great visibility and access for kids of all ages.

Been to Denver Zoo? Share your experiences!