“Have been a member for 7 years”
Review of Denver Zoo

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 257 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We have moved away form Denver but I have maintained our membership because the Denver Zoo is always worth a visit.It is one of my favorite zoos in the country. Great visibility and access for kids of all ages.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I was in Denver visiting a friend during the week and she had to work so I decided to wander around the Denver Zoo for a couple of hours. This place was amazing! I've been to numerous zoos before and this is by far the biggest I've visited. The parking lot was packed, but the zoo was big enough to accommodate all its visitors without it feeling crowded. Most of the animals were out in their exhibits the day I visited, although I did miss a few since their environments were being renovated or whatever. There was a mix of families with young children and school field trips there, but there was always plenty of room to view the animals. I ate lunch at the Brown Bear Cafe and can't say that I'd recommend eating there. The food was overpriced (as to be expected) but left much to be desired. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and the chicken breast was over 50% fat and grizzle. Gross. Many of the families and school trips had packed lunch and I'd certainly recommend doing that as well. The bathrooms were well marked, clean and plentiful. Like I said, I was by myself and made it through the zoo, seeing and reading everything that they had, in just under 3 hours. I would definitely allow more time with kids. The zoo was a great experience overall and I'd highly recommend a visit when in the Denver area.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We have a seasonal pass and come here to visit quite often with our grandsons. The zoo is clean and the animals seem well cared for and happy, for the most part. Make sure you ride the little train and let the kids ride the Merry-go-Round. :)

Reviewed November 3, 2012

I love the size of this zoo!It cannot compare with San Diego and doesn't try, also 1/3 the admission fee.The SD zoo has unmatched breeding programs, acres of botanic gardens with unique plants.The Denver zoo is affordable, seeing animals up close in lovely , appropriate environments.If you had a child or elderly visitor, this zoo works too! Agree, zoos need to be seen earlier as late afternoon must be time for quiet or feeding and animals disappear.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

The Denver Zoo is always a great place to spend your day. Usually not crowded, so you get plenty of time spend walking and viewing the animals. Great place for families!

Been to Denver Zoo? Share your experiences!