“The Denver Zoo is always a treat.”
Review of Denver Zoo

and up
Mile High Culture Pass
Ranked #8 of 259 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: Adventure Awaits! Every day, Denver Zoo seeks to inspire exploration and discovery, and creates connections with people, animals and nature. And every day, we’re working to save animals and conserve wildlife here and around the world. Your visit and support aids in all these efforts- Thank you. Home to 4,100 animals, representing more than 600 species, Denver Zoo is committed to species conservation by bringing science education to life and providing extraordinary experiences that foster human and animal connections. It is the most visited cultural destination in Colorado, serving 2 million people per year. Located in Denver’s City Park, the Zoo is a nonprofit organization accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums (AZA), which assures the highest standards of animal care. With the mission to secure a better world for animals through human understanding, Denver Zoo dedicates more than $2 million annually to zoo-led programs aimed at protecting animals within their natural habitats around the world.
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We have yearly passes to the zoo. We love to go and see different animals each time. The last time, the lions were out and the trainers were doing a feeding demonstration. The polar bears right now are trying to mate and hopefully there will be a little polar bear sometime next year. We are looking forward to the Elephant exhibit that is opening in May. It is a great way to spend a few hours on an afternoon. We suggest you take a picnic lunch as the food choices are not great at the zoo.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am an animal lover, and this is one of the best Zoo's in the country. There is so much to see, and they take such good care of the animals. Must see

1  Thank Brod_11
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Very good zoo. A lot to see. Along with the adjoining musium and planetarium, you can make a full day of it.

Reviewed March 27, 2012

My kids and I enjoyed our time at the Denver Zoo. We are from New Mexico and this zoo is smaller than Albuquerque. It has a good variety of animals, ones that my kids were excited to see. I went in March 2012 and there were school buses everywhere. Apparently this is a big field trip spot for Denver area schools. Three hours was enough to see most of what we wanted to see.

1  Thank TouristCJ
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I have taken my children to the denver zoo for the past 6 years or so. We have always loved our experience there.
I just took my kids there for the first time in a couple years and was surprised at how much construction there was. I knew they were planning a new elephant exhibit but I didn't know when. The signs all say opening June 2012 so it will be great when it finally opens up. It looks like it will be amazing.

Been to Denver Zoo? Share your experiences!