“An absolute sanctuary”

Tattered Cover Bookstore
Ranked #2 of 72 Shopping in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: A locally owned bookstore and a Colorado landmark, the Tattered Cover, with three unique locations, offers personal service, an extraordinary selection, coffee shops, extensive newsstands, and author appearances nearly every day. With books, gift cards, games, greeting cards, calendars, literary curious, t-shirts, book bags, and more, the Tattered Cover is a bookstore and much more!
Reviewed January 20, 2014

This is one of my favorite bookshops of all time. In an age of big box places like Barnes & Noble and Chapters - environments without soul - we should celebrate the independent book sellers who actually make an effort to create a true experience. Each time I visit The Tattered Cover I not only find something new, I leave wishing that I spent more time reading.

1  Thank Andrew S

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

There are such great books and the ambiance is amazing. Even though its a chain, it remains personable and keeps the small business feel. It is a truly great bookstore.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was at the one near lodo. Its in a really cool old building, which seems really fitting for a bookstore! Its laid out really cool and things are well marked so you can find your way rather easily. I did not get coffee, but was tempted to. It seemed like a happening place, a line for the coffee shop told me perhaps I best go back and check it out. But on that day I was on the search for the perfect novel. Which was tricky as the selection of books here is amazing!! They also have a great selection of random little gifts and trinkets. i could spend hours here browsing the shelves and checking out every little nook and cranny. Neat place!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Get a coffee and sit down and enjoy the store. Nice setup and many many books. One of the best visits in Denver.

Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

So many books. And reviews by customers and employees. Lovely. Best bookstore I've ever been to.....