“This is what bookstores should be”

Tattered Cover Bookstore
Ranked #1 of 75 Shopping in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: A locally owned bookstore and a Colorado landmark, the Tattered Cover, with three unique locations, offers personal service, an extraordinary selection, coffee shops, extensive newsstands, and author appearances nearly every day. With books, gift cards, games, greeting cards, calendars, literary curious, t-shirts, book bags, and more, the Tattered Cover is a bookstore and much more!
Reviewed October 1, 2012

A wide variety of literature/books. You name it and they probably have it, or can find it. The atmosphere is relaxed, and you can just sit and read for hours if you want. I love this place!

All reviews
"book signing"
"independent book"
"children's books"
in 5 reviews
"great selection of books"
in 5 reviews
"travel section"
"street location"
"denver institution"
"east colfax"
"children's area"
in 4 reviews
"a great place to spend"
in 4 reviews
"for sale"
"few hours"
in 7 reviews
"union station"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed September 7, 2012

In past years every time I came to Denver my first stop was the Tattered Cover in Cherry Creek. Yesterday was my first visit to the new digs on E Colfax. It's a shadow of its former self, but the wonderful mystique is still there. No other bookstore surpasses the quality of the selections and the comfortable surroundings that have made the Tattered Cover unique.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

When I used to live in Denver, the downtown location was my favorite bookstore. Having moved several years ago, I returned to visit the "new to me" location on Colfax with trepidation(the downtown location is still there and also wonderful). I was so happy to see that true to it's roots, the Tattered Cover continues to rock when it comes to providing an amazing variety of books of every style and variety, author signings, events, and a pretty good cup of coffee as well. I got a chance to once again wander the aisles for hours before finally prying myself out to get to a dinner. If you happen to have kids, a large chunk of the bottom floor is devoted to them and I loved the enthusiasm with which the staff were willing to make recommendations to parents wandering through. The only downside to visiting is the fact that at some point you need to leave.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

If you are a book lover that enters this store... you may never come out! I wish I could rent a comfy chair there full time. Can't begin to describe all the great stuff and helpful staff!