“Thrilling in the Scariest of Ways”

Lakeside Amusement Park
Ranked #64 of 255 things to do in Denver
More attraction details
Owner description: This amusement park, one of the few remaining family-owned parks in the country, is fun for people of all ages.
Thornton, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thrilling in the Scariest of Ways”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is a park that has a special place in my heart. I only wish it was a little better kept (-1 point for run down nature). The price is very affordable especially with coupons. The rides really need to be fixed and updated but the OMG I MAY DIE nature of it all kind of adds to the excitement. If you are going with kids though, go at night. This place fills up with gang bangers (-1 point for that).

Visited June 2013
3 Thank hyperx69

denver
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Old time charm”
Reviewed May 20, 2014 via mobile

If you live a good old fashioned amusement park you will live Lakeside. Rides for the whole family. Old school roller coaster. Ring toss and other great carnival games. Fantastic carousel. It should be in the historic register. I love it. Can't wait to go again.

Visited May 2014
3 Thank rebecca6311
Denver, Colorado, United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A trip back in time- classic theme park with rich history”
Reviewed January 25, 2014

The history of Lakeside is worth checking out on Wikipedia if you're thinking about going. It's the oldest amusement park in CO and definitely has the classic theme park feel complete with elephant ears, cotton candy and snow cones. You buy tickets (no bracelets here!) and give them to the conductors for each ride. There is a great mini park for small children. Don't forget your sunscreen.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Jlee7575
Parker, Colorado
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A Classic Theme Park”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

If you go to Lakeside expecting Six Flags, you will be sorely disappointed. Lakeside is old, it's kitschy, and most of the rides will make you want to vomit (8 out of 10 spin).

That being said, this place is awesome for what it is. I grew up coming here with my dad and siblings, and we loved it so much! It's affordable, it's great for kids, and the Cyclone Coaster is totally awesome. It's one of the best wooden coasters I have ever been on. I can seriously ride it over and over. I haven't been for a few years, but I know it hasn't changed - it never does! That's the beauty of it. Now, given the cheap prices and location, you can definitely find a weirdo here and there, but I have never had a problem here in my life, and I'm willing to be I have been here upwards of 50 times over the years. Even if all you want to do is ride the Cyclone, check it out. Parking is free, admission is dirt cheap, and you can either by an unlimited ride armband, or a few tickets if you just want to ride one or two things.

Visited December 2012
5 Thank AKamenetskiy
Greenwood Village, Colorado
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Magical Place!”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

My family loves Lakeside. We get a much better vibe here than the other large amusement park in Denver. My kids call it a happy place. Great value too! We especially appreciate the fact that don't gouge you on food and beverage.

Visited August 2013