“Lunch with friends”

Reserve a Table
Tue, 5/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #338 of 3,553 Restaurants in Denver
Description: French 75 is a nod to the weapon and the cocktail. We aim to bring the traditions of London, Paris, and America together, and set the standard for beauty and precision. French 75 is an American eatery steeped in French cooking technique. We’re designed for interaction. From the long open line and the community tables in the mezzanine, to the wine that lines the walls, we want our clients to be part of the cooking and serving experience, and our team to be part of the happiness we intend to spread.
Reviewed February 11, 2019 via mobile

I hate to say it, but I just got back from Paris, missing the food so much, and unfortunately this did not exactly cut the mustard for my craving of Parisian food. We all split the iceberg grand chopped salad and this was very good! We then all split the pate, the mussels, and the Brussels sprouts. The pate was ok, I thought the mussels were very fishy tasting, and the Brussels were ok, but salty. The ratatouille was very good, but again, I thought too salty. Cute restaurant, very difficult to find parking for lunch. Decent service.

Date of visit: February 2019

Reviewed January 27, 2019

1/27/2019
My husband and I, and another couple who were in town visiting us, stopped in here for an early dinner while downtown. What a fabulous find! We two couples have traveled quite a bit together and we love French food and dining adventures. After looking over the menu, we asked our waiter, Josh, if we could order multiple dishes and have them split between the 4 of us. He said they couldn't split them all for us, but that they would be happy to provide us with extra plates and bring the dishes out in succession as we were ready for them. It was perfect! We enjoyed the delicious cocktails and had the Moules Frites as an appetizer, along with the Seared Foie Gras - which all were scrumptious. We followed that with Onion Soup Gratinee which was so reminiscent of that which we have enjoyed in sidewalk cafes in Paris. From there we split first, the Sea Bass en Papillote (delicate lovely flavors), then, the Gigot D'agneau - served medium rare and tasty, and finally, the Half Rotisserie Chicken which was moist, tender and seasoned beautifully. It was such a nice way to sample a number of dishes and linger over our meal, enjoying out time together. The staff were so friendly and fun - and we were able to observe what was happening in the kitchen and the fun interactions between the chef and his staff. We enjoyed it so much, we reserved seats at the chef's table for the following night to really see all that goes into preparing such a varied menu and getting everything out in a timely manner. We were welcomed back by each staff member as if we were old friends, so nice! And, Chef Jeff Mooney delighted us with an "amuse bouche" of a slice of crispy, delicious pork belly on a bed of squash puree. Trying not to do any repeats we had, the Lobster Bisque to start (but, couldn't resist, and ordered the mussels and foie gras again) and for main courses again we shared, one dish at a time, and tried the Bouillabaisse, the Tea Brined Pork Chop and finally, the braised Short Rib - all delicious! Two totally delightful evenings with the delicious food, the bistro atmosphere and the happy, attentive staff!

Also, one of our friends cannot eat cow dairy and the chef made sure that all was perfect for her, and they remembered that when we returned the following evening. I overheard one of the wait staff calling in his table's order to the chef and mentioning a gluten free patron that the chef made note of and adjusted recipes as needed. Excellent!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed January 14, 2019

I'll say I had a great experience at French75. They have a great selection of cocktails and a really nice happy hour menu. The staff is wonderful and friendly, and very knowledgable about the different dishes. The appetizers were pretty tasty, but unfortunately my leg of lamb dish was over-cooked. It's recommended served medium-rare, which I went with, but most of my medallions were brown and over-cooked. That was the only disappointing part of the evening, but considering it's the main dish, it's a bit of problem. It could have just been they were overworked that evening, I'd be willing to go again -- as I said the staff were friendly and knowledgable, and my friends who had filet mignon looked like there's were cooked to perfection (medium rare)!

Date of visit: January 2019
Reviewed December 10, 2018

We had the most delightful birthday dinner on a Saturday night. Three of us were originally sat closer to the busy bar which was hosting a party, but the manager quickly came and told us a booth had just opened up in the back and offered to move us where it was quieter. We took her up on it and were seated in a lovely booth at the back of the restaurant.
We started with their namesake French 75 cocktails which I HIGHLY recommend. So yummy, not too heavy. The wine list was a great selection of I believe mostly French wines. Good variety and very reasonable.
We shared among the table the Mussels and Escargot which were both perfect. The mussels are served with amazing shoestring french fries instead of bread which were great dipped in the broth.
Our group had the Sea Bass served en papillote, the Lamb which is a HUGE portion but wonderfully cooked and seasoned, and the Short Ribs which come served over perfectly cheesy mashed potatoes and just fall apart.
Our server - who was delightful, very knowledgeable and friendly - recommended the dishes we ended up choosing, and brought us some macaroons at the end of the meal which was a lovely treat.
Overall I highly recommend trying this restaurant for a nice, slow paced meal with all of the extras and attentive service one wants for a special occasion.

Date of visit: December 2018
Reviewed December 2, 2018

If you are used to the French dishes eaten in France, then it will not compare.

The ambiance is split between trendy bar and diner booths, held in darker colors. The kitchen is in the middle of it all...interesting.

Average service, since the waiter didn't make us aware of the fact that both the appetizer and the main dish consisted of the same brioche toast. I would have changed one of the choices, if I knew that.

It's hard to mess up foie gras, especially if it is purchased from somewhere else. The brioche toast went nicely with the foie gras. I was hoping for more pickled "something" and the little mustard was too little.

The Croque Madame was pleasant, though the brioche bread is just too sweet for it. There was plenty of good ham and cheese (a better, saltier Swiss Gruyere would fit splendidly), as well as sauce. The French fries were skinny and crispy, lovely. The serving was plenty.

The profiterole desert was a disappointment. The choux pastry was hard and little to speak of. The ice cream was good. The drizzle over it, just sugar?

We split the foie gras and the dessert, add a glass of house white, and the tab was $46. I would pronounce this pricey for the quality and French-Bistro type of food for lunch. Or do I need to expect it from a French restaurant in downtown Denver?

I think some of the menu items are overpriced and I don't think I will return.

I hope this helps with picking a restaurant downtown Denver.

Date of visit: November 2018