“Fantastic!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton
Ranked #17 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed October 28, 2012

My brother, his girlfriend and I stayed here back in August. It was so great! We loved the lobby area, it was beautiful and fun to hang out in. We were there for a soccer game and they got the shuttle ready for us and took us to Dick's arena and picked us up right after the game. The pool was nice and the room was great. Very clean and accommodating. And the breakfast. WOW! It was so great. On the last day we were there we had asked for the shuttle to take us to the airport, well in advance. The shuttle got stuck in traffic so without hesitation they called a cab for us and paid for it. The service was great, everything was wonderful. We will DEFINITELY be staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Mikaela B
There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We got two suites here to help celebrate my Mother In Law's Birthday. We love Embassy Suites so we were not surprised to find that the quality of this property was well within our high standards. The location is easy to find but is in a warehouse area of north Denver. There are a wealth of restaurants at Northfields Shopping center nearby.

The thing that puts this hotel at the top of the list is the staff. They were welcoming, efficient, willing to provide customer-oriented services, and always made the guest the center of their attention. Mama cooked heavenly omelettes each morning, had a smile and a warm welcome, and remembered your order. Nathaniel, who checked the breakfast cards each morning, remembered you, remembered whatever topic you talked about, has a quick wit and a wonderful smile, and seemed happy that you were there! He is a treasure!

The stay was great, the atmosphere was very relaxing, the business center was well-stocked, and anything you could not do in the business center including mailing packages and Faxing documents, was done quickly by the desk staff. The shuttle driver was there to take you and your party anywhere in the near vicinity.

What a great way to celebrate a Birthday!!

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view for magnificent views of sunsets over snow-capped mountains.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We needed a place for an over night stay. I thought that I had booked an Embassy Suite that was close to I 25, However , when we got there I realized that I had booked a different Embassy Suites. Truthfully, I was upset at first however, that changed quickly. The workers, starting from those at the front desk, to the waitress, to the bartenders to the cleaning crew were all wonderful. Our suite was a little smaller than the newer Embassy Suites but it was very clean and we had no problem with space. We even had another couple join my husband and I for dinner in our suite. This hotel didn't have a breakfast buffet, however the cooks were fast and the food was very tasty. We also had a late lunch at the hotel and it was very good and the price for what we got was excellent. The happy hour drinks were just as we order. Next time we go back it will be on purpose and not by mistake.

Room Tip: I think this would be a good place to stay if you need to be close to the airport..
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Embassy Suites provided an adequate meeting facility for our large group, very standard. The rooms excelled, although the property is an older one, as evidenced by some of the fixtures. The room accoutrements were fresh, modern, and clean. The televisions were new and sharp. The bedding was nice but didn't excel in the way I felt it should for a "suite" type corporate hotel. The "cook to order" breakfast was excellent, above all expectations. If there was a long Saturday morning line for breakfast, it was worth the wait, and the chefs behind the counter prepared the orders quickly and professionally. It's probably the best breakfast in the neighborhood, as evidenced by a pair of local on-duty cops hopping into line for a bite-always a good sign. This is your typical corporate hotel, close to the airport, sandwiched between a major highway and an industrial area of warehouses and offices. As such, it was clean, efficient, spacious, and generous with the coffee. This was a very nice stay, even if I hope to never find myself in this type of industrial area during recreational travel. Strictly business.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Very nice hotel. Nice clean lobby. Very good drinks in the evenings and friendly people that work there. The rooms are very comfortable. The lobby is a little noisy, but most of the Embassy Suites Hotels I have stayed at are. You just have to expect that or pick a different hotel. They have the best cooked to order omlets in the mornings and even their resturant was very decent. We had drivin about 10 hours and did not want to get back out, so we ate at their resturant. There isn't anything bad to say about the place other than there aren't too many places that are close to eat around it. You would probably have to drive 4-5 miles to eat.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel, like all Embassy Suites is a very nice hotel. The rooms are clean and the service is top shelf. The front counter folks are very friendly and the breakfast and happy hour are always very nice. My only complaint would be that we were there with 12 people. We asked if we could have a small meeting room for a short meeting before leaving (after 7 days in the hotel) and were told we would be charged $225 per hour. Thinking that was unreasonable, we gathered in the open area (which nobody was using in the middle of the day). After 20 min, the hotel manager informed us we couldn't have our meeting there and would have to rent a meeting room. Really!?! Unacceptable by all of our standards. Only because of that, we probably won't stay at that hotel next time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GregMckenna, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Denver Stapleton, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize for any problems that may have disrupted your stay. We want all our guests to have the best stay possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry that was not the case during your stay

I was wondering if you could give me some more information about your stay- I would like to address your concerns regarding our meeting rooms -Can you you send me name of your company or a confirmation number from your stay, also if you can remember the names of anyone from the sales office or the manager you spoke with! We are a very flexbile hotel and usually easy to deal with and although we do charge for meeting rooms we do not charge $225.00 per hour! And if someone had stayed with me for 7 days and needed a meeting froom for a few hours I would have offered it to you at no charge! Again thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest and I want you to know that your concerns are my concerns! I hope you will follow up with me- Best Regards Greg McKenna -ph 720-587-5092 - email - gregm@eshgateway.com

Reviewed September 17, 2012

This was a really nice hotel. The manager's special (happy hour with finger food and drinks) was really great. It's nice that the hotel van will take you to local restaurants within a 5 mile radius. Great service and staff. The hotel was great, the center covered courtyard had a southwestern theme to it, with fountains, etc. My room had a VERY comfortable sitting area, leading to a VERY comfortable king size bed. I would absolutely stay here again, but not in the summer with families there.

The food was excellent. Breakfast included was to order eggs, omelets, sausage, bacon. Varied and fresh baked goods, fruits, cereals, etc.

The only drawback that I saw to it was that the staff did not say anything to the families that were staying there that allowed their children to play in the elevators. The elevators were glass, and it was fun, but this isn't a proper place for children to play.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business