“Clean - Comfortable - Friendly Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport
Ranked #80 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 24, 2013

From the shuttle from the airport to the shuttle back to the airport - my experience here was top rate. A friendly staff greeted me and allowed me to check in early to a clean and comfortable suite. The price was great considering I booked a suite and the suite was modern and the living room divided from the sleeping room. It is close to the airport and shuttles that run regularly back and forth. There is also a sports bar in the hotel with a couple of other restaurants and a 7-11 within walking distance. It is a safe area specifically carved out in the flats with other hotels.

If I had one minor issue - the couch in the suite had stains on it which slightly detracted from the rest of the suite. I would recommend it and stay there again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed May 18, 2013

I spent a long weekedn at this hotel in April of 2012 as part of a Scrabble tournament. At the price, I expected it to be moderately okay but not very nice. It turned out to be one of the most comfortable hotels I have stayed at in years. The room was very clean, had a comfortable chair as well as a computer desk with rolling chair and easy access plug points. The bed was new and comfortable with triple sheets and no grimey bedspread. Excellent pillows, both soft and hard. The wireless was free and easy to access with a weekly password from the desk. Bathroom was very clean, convenient, and the towels were delightfully soft. The free breakfast was a real meal with good coffee, juice, various cereals and breads, as well as eggs, sausage, and biscuits and gravy. This stay has changed my mind entirely about Holiday Inn Express and they are now at the top of my list for US stays. I can't imagine going anywhere else if I'm staying at Denver airport.

Room Tip: Saw several rooms as a group of us were staying at the hotel and all seemed just as nice as mine.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank MemElaina
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This was a perfect place to stay for an overnight at Denver airport. The staff were very friendly, the rooms were immaculate and the shuttle bus from the airport was quick and efficient. The downstairs breakfast room had an all day (and all night) supply of hot and cold drinks and some snacks, all free of charge. In the morning fresh coffee was brewed very early, ready for our departure. The hotel had a more family run feel to it, but with the quality and standards of an excellent chain.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We liked the location of this hotel. It is very close to Airport and several local stores. The breakfast was very nice and the hours were long enough so the people on vacation did not conflict with the people on business eating breakfast. The only thing that I have negatives on are the lack of a microwave or refrigerator on the rooms. We bought a little ice chest for sandwich and snacks. They had a place for them just nothing there. The other negative was no outdoor seating for the breakfast. Overall we thought it was a great place and we would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2013
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2013

We just want to thank you for taking the time to share about your experience at our hotel and for offering suggestions to make your future stay more convenient, give us a call the next time you pass through so we can make sure we meet all of your needs.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

I've stayed at this Holiday Inn Express a number of times in the past few years. The rooms are pretty good and breakfast isn't bad. There two reasons I won't be staying here anymore. First they used to be reasonably priced, but the price seems to go up everytime I stay here and there $5/day charge for leaving car is not reasonable. Second, they use small vans for their shuttle service which can be a pain on busy mornings and more than once we have had to wait for a second shuttle at the airport. After my last trip of waiting at the airport for over 40 minutes for a shuttle, enough is enough. I won't be staying here anymore.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience, we sincerely apologize that the complimentary shuttle services did not meet your expectations, due to the major construction taking place at the main terminal we are experiencing delays; we are working hard to get every guest picked up in a timely manner.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

Booked with a online search site not aware of name of hotel just wanting an airport shuttle for early flight and a full service hotel.Well when I arrived the front desk stated I wasnt in the right building. I showed them my confirmation with amenities of a full service hotel. They said it was a mistake and I needed to go through dark parking lot to front desk of rear building! Upon arrival I realized I wasnt getting what I booked but was getting no where with front desk people who were beyond rude. They were chatting about concert, work schedules etc. They then realized I was right and offered to have me go back to other building but I would have to pay for upcharge!!!!At this point I said give me the key to a room. I was so annoyed I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. It ended well as they gave me a newer room and the breakfast cinnamon rolls the best I have ever ate. Be aware Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn Suites built together one behind another. Buyer beware ask who you re talking to and get name of person and be specific on front or rear location. Overall room nice but I paid for a full service hotel and received room at Express. Also be sure you sign up night prior for airport shuttle or they wont take you!

Room Tip: Be sure you are aware at time of booking Holiday Inn Express or Holiday Inn Suites built one in fro...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mruggier0
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

We are so sorry that we did not meet your expectations. We always recommend booking directly online to make sure you know exactly what you are booking. Please accept our sincere apology.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

It's a shame to spend $179 on a room and NOT be able to get but 5 hours of sleep. The walls are so thin, there can't possibly be an ounce of insulation in the entire hotel. Footfalls of those on the floor above you are vibrating and the normal conversation of the guest in the adjacent room sounded like he was in my bed. No thanks. Never again. Too bad because like other reviewers, I found the rooms to be nicely decorated, comfortable and clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Springers

We are so sorry that you were not able to get much sleep. We want to do everything we can to make all of our guests happy but sometimes we have no control over it. Please accept our sincere apology.