“Poor Internet speeds”

Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport
Ranked #79 of 158 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I've titled this review explain that if you are trying to offer high-speed internet you should actually obtain a high speed internet first. I came here under the impression that there was going to be internet that was passable in the least just to navigate e-mails and possibly do some work. However, the internet drops uncontrollably and loses connection even hard lined to the wall. The hotel is overall a nice place to stay and I have little to no other issues besides the front desk sending us in 3 directions to our room before we were headed in the right direction. I was stranded in Denver because of a storm and I assumed I could get some work done seeing as I would be here another 2 days and was missing work, but I cannot say I'd come back in these conditions. Seeing as most people here are snowed in, internet is all anyone really has to pass time while stuck so you should invest in a better service or make sure all of your equipment is up to date and running properly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

We would like to apologize about the poor internet service you experienced during your stay and the inconvenience it caused you, we have found that there were some server issues we were experiencing during your stay and we have aggressively done everything possible to correct the problems for future guests we hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in Denver.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport

Reviewed February 25, 2013

EXTREMELY clean, well equipped and furnished. under 4 miles to airport but very quiet.
Very nice restaurant like Ruby Tuesdays two blocks away. Several gas stations near by.

Nice abundant breakfast. great service. everything very comfortable

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for sharing about your experience at our hotel and the great amenities in the area. Come stay with us again the next time you travel through DIA.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Booked this hotel via hotwire at a very competitive rate and expected basic accommodation.
Given king suite room which had all the facilities required.Decent breakfast the following morning.
Shuttle could be booked the night before and all went smoothly.Overall very pleasent experience.Staff were all friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Ask for king leisure room
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

We just want to thank you for you business and for sharing about the great deals you can find for our hotel. Next time you stay book with us direct for a great deal.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We stayed briefly at the Holiday Inn Express before a 6 am flight out of DIA. The hotel was clean, beds and linens were comfortable. We didn't use the pool or fitness facility, but both looked very nice. The hotel is on the same road as the other dozen "airport" hotels and shares a shuttle with many of them. There is a 7-11 just down the street to gas up the rental car before returning it. FYI, we paid $72 for this room on Hotwire. It was going for $130 when booked directly.

Room Tip: Avoid room 227 and those right around it - we were just above the heating and AC units, and it was v...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank You for sharing about your stay at our hotel. We hope you can come again soon so you can enjoy some of the other great amenities you missed.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here the night before our honeymoon on September 30th. The hotel is very nice. It is clean and the front desk was very helpful. We paid to leave our car at the hotel for 9 days. The shuttle took us to the airport and when we landed back in Denver we called and they came and got us and took us directly to our car. The hotel has a sports bar and the food was very good. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
hixdia, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2013

Congratulations and Thank you for sharing about the great benefits at our hotel. We hope you come back the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

Like most people getting a room near the airport, I was looking for a good night sleep prior to an early morning flight. I would have been better off sleeping in the airport. This is the noisiest hotel room I’ve ever slept in. I’ve had a noisy heater before, and I’ve had clanging pipes before, but never this loud and never both in the same hotel room and certainly not at one in this price range. Rooms as noisy as this are usually only found at the cheapest of rat-holes, but mid-range chains like this. If this is what mid-range has become, I might have to go back to the Hilton chain.

As if the noisy room wasn’t bad enough, the response from the front desk about the situation made it even worse. Upon check-out I mentioned to the lady working the desk that I didn’t sleep at all because of the noise and that she should have someone check out the heater and the pikes. Instead of an apology or anything else (such as the free night that Hilton would generally give in that situation), she commented on the fact that I was already on a reward stay as if my Platinum status and resulting free stays made the room acceptable or somehow my fault.

In addition to the noise, I was underwhelmed by this hotel. The internet was unusably slow, even at 2 in the morning when I had given up on sleep and was attempting to get some work done. The shower head was mounted so high that the pressure was completely dissipated by the time it reached my 6 foot tall head. It would have been completely worthless to a shorter customer. The single patch of coffee that was provided in the room was too weak to make even one cup of drinkable coffee.

I don’t usually complain about hotels unless they are really bad, especially if they make the slightest attempt to make things right. In this case it was that bad, and they didn’t even offer the slightest attempt to make things right or even apologize.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HHSteve

We would like to apologize for the experience you had at our hotel, please give me a call so we can discuss this further.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed here in anticipation of a big snowstorm and an early flight. Check in was easy and the clerk was helpful. Grabbed a few free, fresh cookies and headed up to my 4th floor room. Room was clean and functional. Lots of channels, good temperature control and clean. Be careful of the mirror/closet and pull gently the first time to make sure you are on the right side. I would stay here again.

The only negative was the lack of any real food options onsite. There is a sports bar across the parking lot, and it was OK, but in the cold Eastern planes wind, it would have been better onsite.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business

We appreciate that you shared about your experience at our hotel and expressing areas where we can improve for you and future guests. Thank you for your business, stop by and see us the next time you're in Denver