“Unique flavorful sushi ”
Review of Sushi Hai

Sushi Hai
Reserve with OpenTable
Sushi Hai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #443 of 3,019 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Asian, Bar
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Highland
Cross street: Lowell Blvd and 32nd Ave.
“Unique flavorful sushi ”
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

I've been here numerous times trying the different rolls and sushi. Each time I have been very impressed. The surf&turf roll is amazing and I have still found one anywhere else in the country that rivals. On this trip I tried the dropkick roll as well and also was pleased with how all the flavors worked together. Fish is always fresh and the menu is a great mix of anything a group may want if they want something other than sushi. The ambience is what's really cool as when you first walk in you see the sushi chefs and bar with a few small tables then you walk down one set of stairs to a bigger dining area with tables and booths. If you keep going down another set of stairs there's another bar with a bench and large chars lining the opposite wall. You'd think that's it but there's yet another set of stairs that opens up to yet another room with a bar and more tables. It's like the never ending maze that adds a cool ambiance.
The service is very friendly upon entering and the bartenders are very accommodating, attentive and knowledgable.
I made a point of going out of my way to go to Sushi Hai while here on business because I knew the sushi would be great and the Highland Park area it's in is very cool to hang in.

Denver, CO
“Sushi in the Highlands!”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

My husband and I have frequented Sushi Hai fairly often over the years. I recently purchased a Groupon for $40 worth of food and drink at Sushi Hai. We each ordered a bowl of miso soup and 6 rolls to share. Their serving of miso soup is excellent and I make a point to order it every time. Two of the sushi rolls we ordered were excellent...the lobster roll and the shrimp tempura roll. The California roll, the eel roll, and the spicy tuna roll were good. Unfortunately the roll that our waiter recommended was not very good and it was the most expensive. I guess his attempt to up-sell worked!

The food was delivered quickly and our water glasses never went empty. I like the open kitchen that greets each customer upon walking in the door, but the overall ambiance in the restaurant leaves something to be desired. The tables are situated very close together and the dining areas can become very loud, making it difficult to carry on a conversation.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank summerchill13
Golden, Colorado
“Better Sushi Elsewhere in North Denver”
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our night didn't get off to a good start. Despite having booked a reservation, when my wife and I walked in with our three teenagers we were put at a table upstairs by the front door, rather than down in the dining room where they still had space. Apparently that was reserved for a cooler looking clientele...Service was attentive, but the food was only so-so, especially for the price we paid.

Bottom line: There are better sushi restaurants in North Denver/Highlands that offer better value and aren't as put off when you arrive with teenagers. We won't be returning to Sushi Hai

• Visited March 2014
Denver, Colorado
“mediocre sushi”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Premium pricing for mediocre sushi that wasn't made with sushi rice. Pro tip: if you see "fish tacos" on the menu and you want good sushi, go somewhere else.

• Visited February 2014
“Terrible Customer Service (did not visit-read story)”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Truly a disappointment. I had bought a Livingsocial coupon for Sushi Hai about a month ago and paid $20 for $40 worth of sushi. When I logged on to Livingsocial to print out my coupon, it was already REDEEMED!! How was that possible?! I was planning on having dinner and was eagerly waiting to print out my coupon and now wasn't able because someone else hacked into my account. When I contacted Livingsocial about this, they said they couldn't do anything about it and to dispute this directly with Sushi Hai. Frustrated, I called Sushi Hai on Monday 10/21 to see if they could help me with this issue. I spoke to the manager, and upon explaining my problem, it was obvious that he had already been contacted by Livingsocial about this situation. The manager explained to me that the coupon had been used on Friday 10/18 during lunch and was redeemed by the restaurant. At this point there was nothing they could do to help me. I became very aggravated with the fact that point blank he said that he couldn't do anything for me and basically told me that I was screwed. I felt so FRUSTRATED with his customer service skills and his inability to assist me with this issue. I simply wanted my money back or some sort of credit for what I paid for and because they had a printed coupon and had already redeemed it, he and the restaurant could not do anything for me. This was clearly a case where someone hacked into my Livingsocial account, printed out an unused coupon and enjoyed Sushi on me. I know this isn't Sushi Hai's fault, but I feel so violated and disrespected by the restaurant and the service the manager provided. When you're a business, you always want to keep the customer happy and keep them as customers. I was truly looking forward to having sushi at Sushi Hai but after this NO WAY will I ever go there nor will I recommend this restaurant to any of my family or friends. I am still awaiting a call from the manager to see if he's been able to figure anything out but have assumed that he threw my number away the minute he hung up the phone.

• Visited October 2013