“Pretty relaxing”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 13 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Morgan M
“House is large but very run down”
Reviewed 1 week ago for a stay in March 2018

My family and I take 2 family trips per year and always stay in a home rather than hotels. We chose this one due to the location and the advertised amenities/accommodations. I would say this house is less than elegant. I felt like we were staying in a frat house while the boys were away. Due to the number in our group, we chose to stay and not complain.

1.) Both BBQ grills out back were filthy with no tools available for cleaning. There was no propane tank either. We love grilling on vacation but this made it not an option.

2.) The kitchen sink, coffee maker and most cooking utensils including pot holders and wash rags were filthy. There were no additional trash bags to change out the trash and the pots and pans looked like they had been purchased at the Salvation Army reject rack and simply tossed into the cupboards by a 2 yr old.

3.) The pool table was one amenity we were really looking forward to but almost every pool stick was broken and even the triangle was broken in half.

4.) It is advertised that there is a t.v. in every bedroom, only 3 rooms had t.v.s and only 2 of those worked properly.

5.) There is no office center whatsoever, just a broken down desk with trash in all the drawers.

6.) There was no spare toilet paper, paper towels, garbage bags or laundry soap to speak of. In the check in email it was requested that we start the laundry when we leave, I would have been happy to do so with soap.

7.) There is a very large broken window in the master bedroom, the ceiling fan/light does not work, the fan only runs on high with no way to change the settings.

8.) Most of the furniture is in terrible condition, the type of condition where you put it on the sidewalk with a free sign on it. The yellow leather couches upstairs were horribly stained and worn as well as the leather set in the main room. The kitchen chairs were all very broken aside from 3 of them. 3 chairs for a house that sleeps 10.

9.) There is in fact a large 3 car garage, but you will be lucky to fit even 1 mid size car in due to all of the junk that is being stored.

10.) Don't get me started on the linen closet, it was jam packed and disorganized. Hard to tell if it was clean or dirty linens.

We didn't spend a lot of time in the house, but it was definitely not worth the price. Not elegant or executive as described. I have stayed in much nicer homes for half the cost. I would not recommend this home unless all you really need is a place for your group to lay their heads at night.

Carl R
Glendale, Arizona
“It could have beenmuch better”
Reviewed June 3, 2018 for a stay in May 2018

This five-bedroom house was a great size for our combined family of nine. However, there were quite a few drawbacks that made the house less friendly. Here are the deficiencies that we found in the house:
• The temperature throughout the house fluctuated greatly. The basement was always quite cold (possibly in the 50’s). This area could use a few space heaters to make it more comfortable. The first floor was generally comfortable. The upstairs was rather warm, which made sleeping uncomfortable. If the ac temperature was turned down to make it more comfortable then the first floor was cool, and the basement was even colder.
• I have never seen a house with no towel bars in them. Both second floor baths had no place to hang either bath towels or hand towels.
• There were numerous light fixtures with either burned out lights or were completely non-functional (like the light above the stairway to the second floor). There were also several light switches that I could not determine what they were supposed to operate.
• The ceiling fan in the master bedroom did not function properly. We could not get the remote to either turn the light fixture on/off or to change the ceiling fan speed. The speed was stuck on high, so it created quite a draft when sleeping. I reported this to the owner and he said he would have someone call to figure out the issue (I suspect the battery was dead). When I did not hear from anyone I sent another text and never received a reply.
• The chairs in the dining room were all quite wobbly/loose and our grandchildren were afraid to sit on them. I did find a screwdriver and tightened them up and then borrowed wrench, from our daughter’s home in Arvada. The handle on the master shower was also very loose and again after borrowing a hex wrench I was able to tighten it quite a bit, but it was still not fully tight.
• The linen closet on the second floor was a complete disaster. It looked like the towels and sheets were taken from the dryer and stuffed on the shelves. I spent several hours sorting towels from sheets and then folding them and arranging them into a functional layout. The towels were old/tattered and had numerous bleach stains. Also, some bedspreads were very dirty and stained. The mattress in the master bedroom was also falling apart with the internal springs exposed.
• There was also an issue with the washing machine. After doing the initial load of laundry the washer was empty. The following day when we opened the door to the washer it had filled with water, which spilled out on the laundry room floor and leaked into the basement bathroom. After that occurrence we left the door open when the washer was not in use and there were not more such occurrences.
• The pool table was nice to have but of the 10-15 pool cues only three had tips and felt tips. The others were totally useless. Also, the rack tool was broken so it was impossible to get a good tight rack of ball.
Seems like a lot of things that could have been improved for spending nearly $3,000 for a place to stay.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Reviewed March 17, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

Lidset P
“Great vacation home”
Reviewed January 5, 2018 for a stay in August 2017

Very nice house, pretty clean. The family loved it. Very well supplied home has everything you need in the house. Child friendly

Your age range 25-34
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Latisha C
Ormond Beach
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed October 6, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Our trip was enjoyable. Dave was extremely helpful when we had some minor issues. Cleanliness could have been a little better, however we managed through that. The beds were super comfortable, and we will book again when we decide to go back next September.

Chrisln09
“Gem in Thornton CO”
Reviewed September 25, 2017 for a stay in September 2017

This house was fantastic! Stayed for a long weekend and could not have asked for a better stay. 5 bedrooms all equipped with bedding and extra blankets and sheets for those colder nights. Big back yard in a great neighborhood. Great neighbors. Just a short drive from Denver. The owner Dave was very good with communication through the whole process. I would highly recommend renting from him.

Management Response
Oct 8, 2017
Many thanks for choosing our home and for share your opinion on Trip
Advisor.
It was a pleasure having you and your group at our Thornton Vacation Rental. Your guests were amazing and took great care of the home. I'm glad you enjoyed and we look forward to your return in the future.
Rgds,

Dave
Murigo J
“Amazing house nice neighborhood I love it”
Reviewed July 18, 2017 for a stay in January 2017

I love it and I will recommend it to anyone very quiet neighborhood enough room for my friends and I

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing