“Very good!”
Review of Famous Dave's

Famous Dave's
Reserve with OpenTable
Famous Dave's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #325 of 3,125 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Description: WELCOME TO THE LONGEST-RUNNING BACKYARD BBQ PARTY IN HISTORY! We serve amazing BBQ to friends and fellow food lovers. Reserve your seat now and join the best BBQ party in Colorado. MADE-FROM-SCRATCH GOODNESS! A passion for authentic BBQ is behind everything we do. We start with top quality meats, hand-rub them with fresh spices, and slow-cook them to perfection. FAMOUS DAVE: HE’S THE REAL DEAL! Raised by Southern-born BBQ lovers in a world of street-corner barrel smokers, Famous Dave spent 25 years visiting thousands of BBQ joints. After decades pulling his own all-night cooking sessions, he felt he was ready to open his own BBQ place in 1994. AMERICA’S MOST AWARD-WINNING RESTAURANT! Our passion for BBQ is famous! We’re honored to be consistently chosen as America’s favorite BBQ restaurant. We also like heading out to competitions and putting our BBQ up against what the other elite pitmasters are cooking. To date, we’ve won more than 700 awards!
Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were served the Famous Feast for two on a trash can lid which is their signature serving dish apparently. The ribs were delicious. The brisket was dry but everything else was good and there was more than enough for two people. The service was good. I would definitely go back but next time will have ribs only.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

I've eaten here before and the quality is still at the top. We weren't all that hungry and arrived before five. Lunch is served until 5 so there's a chance to get smaller servings and save money at the same time if you can find something on the lunch menu that suits your fancy. Service is not super fast, but is adequate unless you've left your car idling at the curb.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

This was a bit of a surprise, as a visitor finding a place to eat in a modern square the decor of Famous Daves was a great treat, like stepping into a rural eatery. The service was very good with very attentive and very helpful servers who clearly enjoyed their work and were keen to please. The food was good, and plentiful, the service was very prompt and the choice of beers very good. So good I have been back since. Thanks to all that made the experience a pleasure.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

if you love BBQ, you must make a stop by this restaurant.

I usually go for either ribs or sliced brisket (something many BBQ places doesn't carry) I got my wish here, and got the sliced brisket.

the brisket was tender and moist. I had potato salad and green beans as my side, and it came with a sweet cornbread muffin. many places do not do muffins well they are usually dry. this was moist and a little crumbly, but not too crumbly.

if I'm ever near there again - its a must stop for lunch or dinner.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

My wife and I know BBQ from growing up and traveling the South and Texas (sorry Texas BBQ starts with a Hawg).
Famous Dave's is ok - it looks sort of like a BBQ place, serves some BBQ type dishes and is a good corporate attempt at BBQ but BBQ just doesn't do corporate well. Is Famous Dave's clean, courteous, prompt and do they mean well - absolutely.
My first clue was the "Georgia Boy" BBQ with "Georgia Boy Mustard BBQ sauce! We don't do mustard base BBQ sauce in Georgia. For mustard base BBQ go to Maurice's at Piggy Park in Columbia SC.

The Famous Dave's we visited was at Stapleton/Denver CO.