“Not good barbecue!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Neighborhood: Stapleton
kansas city
“Not good barbecue!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on July 4th. The four of us sat at the bar. Bartender was very friendly. The ribs were tough and hard to eat. The pulled pork sandwich was fatty and some of the pieces were as tough as jerky. It is pretty pricey so it was not a good value for us. We are from Kansas City so we know what good barbecue should taste like. This was not it on this night.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Denver
“Finger lickin good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

Always good food. A busy place but the service is good. We really like the sampler platter, served on a trash can lid, or the riblet basket.

Visited July 2012
zurich
“Chain bbq, average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013 via mobile

This place is as much about the marketing as the food - the type of place where they are assaulting you to try their signature appetizer the minute you sit down.

What i liked - variety and a classic bbq menu, nice atmosphere, quantities are large.

What i didnt like - food average, very much a chain. Dishes have wax paper lining, which is ok (bbq shouldnt be fussy) but the food was a bit soggy and once the paper got wet you shouldnt cut the food without getting bits of paper on your fork. Also, i ordered soup, and two minutes after it was delivered my entree came. The meat quality was ok but the flavor wasnt overly impressive.

I ate there at 5:00 on a Saturday, by 5:30 there was a large crowd waiting for tables. Its alright for a chain, but its certainly not authentic bbq.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank photoguyZurich
Austin, Texas
“Twice in a week”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

Went to Famous Dave's twice in as many days, since the people I was with really liked it. I'd never been before.

Thought bringing bbq chips out with bbq sauce was a little weird. The pulled bbq chicken sandwich was good, though I would have cut back on the cheese and sauce. It dripped out the back of the sandwich each time.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Visited June 2013
Eagle, Colorado
“Better than expected”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

I've never eaten at a Famous Dave's until now and I was pleasantly surprised. We ordered the cheese curds as an app and they were perfectly fried. The best I've ever had. I had a brisket burger & fries, my husband had ribs and our daughter had chili and a Caesar salad. The chili was great and the burger was delicious. I didn't get a chance to try the ribs but heard they were good too. We ordered banana pudding and bread pudding for dessert and they were very good too. Try it!

Visited May 2013