“Not the best BBQ”

Ranked #148 of 3,021 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Description: Southern Bar-B-Q in Denver, Colorado. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Colorado Springs, CO
“Not the best BBQ”
Reviewed April 6, 2014

Ate here while in town for a baseball tournament. It was a Saturday night, we got there after watching a movie next door, about 7:15. They told us a 20 minute wait, and that's very close to what it was. We were seated in the bar area, and I was a bit surprised to see one of the bartenders as our server, when he looked to be pretty busy getting drinks for folks. He did a good job considering how busy it was. My son ordered the baby back ribs, he thought they were very good. I ordered the brisket, and was not very impressed. It was very dry, even with a lot of sauce. The sauce was okay, not the best. Next time I come I will try the ribs.

• Visited April 2014

Auburn, California
“Great BBQ”
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Loved the BBQ pork and cornbread biscuits. this place is always busy so get there and prepare to wait.

Visited April 2014
Denver, Colorado
“Great experience!!!”
Reviewed March 31, 2014

From the moment I walked in the door I felt like I was visiting an old friend. The food was freshly prepared from scratch and it tasted like authentic Southern cooking. The service war very good.

• Visited March 2014
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Collard Greens”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Get there early- people line up for great food. All types of options. Beer was cold and plentiful. Salad was very fresh and good. The 3 piece combo rules! Brisquite, Chicken and Ribs. Collard greens second to none fresh with ham.
Great server- Manager stopped and asked how dinner was and nice!

• Visited February 2014
Springdale, Arkansas
“Looked, smelled and tasted good.”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

Out with friends while in Denver and decided to try Jim 'N Nicks. Cold beer on tap with a half slab of babyback ribs, beans and fries will usually make me happy. I was pleasantly surprised at the amount of meat on the ribs. With tip I spent $30 for my meal and I felt I got my $s worth. The waitstaff was excellent and the food came out quickly.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Jim 'N Nick's Bar-B-Q? Share your experiences!