“Fun festive place”

Ranked #226 of 3,135 Restaurants in Denver
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Stapleton
Description: Southern Bar-B-Q in Denver, Colorado. Meats are slow-smoked for 24 hours around the clock. All trimmings are made fresh from scratch daily (not one freezer in the whole building). Dine In, To Go, Drive Thru, Private Dining, or Catering available.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We tried Jim 'N Nicks one night when we were in Northfield and enjoyed it. Unfortunately my kids (who don't like spicy food) felt everything was too spicy and did not like the food, my husband and I loved it. Everything did have an edge of spice, their was not a single thing I ate that was bland. Their service was attentive and polished. We enjoyed the experience, even if my kids did not enjoy the food.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

TRU BarBq
You can see the smoke ring around the outter edge of the meat.
I had the brisket, pulled pork & Ribs.
All were exactly what you`d expect from a TRU BarBq joint.
The mac n cheese was a notch above, having a good cheesy not too greasy flavor.
Service was stellar.
I will go back again the next time I'm in Denver!

1  Thank beenthere628
Reviewed July 8, 2013

On July 4th, a friend and I decided we did not want to cook; did not want to pot luck. We decided to take in a movie and have BBQ at Nick N Jim's; conveniently located next to the theater. The minute we stepped through the door, we were greeted with enthusiasm. Our Waitress was excellent!!! The BBQ was very good and the portions were large. It was one of those "two meals" meal. Their biscuits are scrumptious!!! The place was packed which tells you something. We will go again.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

When we lived in Nashville, Jim N Nick's was one of our favorite restaurants, so we were thrilled to learn that Denver was the first non-Dixie area to get one. The food was as we remembered it, quite tasty, but the place is cavernous and noisy, more like a brewpub than the warmer, slightly more intimate place we'd become used to. The service, though friendly, was slow, even though it was not very crowded at mid-afternoon.
If you don't mind raising your voice to be heard and having a leisurely-paced meal, the food is definitely worth the effort.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

My husband, daughter and myself took a trip to Colorado over the Memorial Day weekend . We happened upon this cute little BBQ place and decided to stop in. We are from Alabama so we were pleasantly surprised that this franchise started in Birmingham. The staff was sooo friendly and fast. The pulled pork sandwich on sour dough bread was GREAT. We liked it so much that we came back the second day and ate it again. My husband loved the draft beer and their sweet tea reminded me of home. The only slightly negative thing I will say is that their fries were a bit cold.