“Best Service in the United States and a tie with the Burj in Dubai”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Riverside, Ca
“Best Service in the United States and a tie with the Burj in Dubai”
Reviewed November 25, 2009

W'ell my title says it all. I have stayed all around the world in the finest hotels including the Burj in Dubai the only 7 star hotel in the world. I will tell you the service at Hotel Teatro is superb. Every employee was curtious and kind and went out of there way to treat you like a king. With there escalade service, door men. I even picked up the phone and asked for a razor and in two minutes it was there. Oh and the location is the best as well. One block and a half from a great street of restaraunts and stores. Also just an escalade ride from the major mall and streets full of shopping. I will always stay here if I return and recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
New Hampshire
Reviewed November 24, 2009

I stayed at the Hotel Teatro with a colleague for a conference. From the minute we arrived at the door of the hotel the service was superb. The friendliness of everyone who worked there, from the door man who started to describe some of the services to us (including a Cadillac SUV, there expressly to drive hotel customers to where they needed to go within a 2 mile radius!), the woman at the desk (who remembered my name, not an easy one to remember and what we had talked about the days before), to the chamber maids, the man who brought our bags to our room. Each was warm and personable, told us their name, made sure we knew we could ask them for help no matter what the issue. Twice we used the Cadillac service to go out, to the art museum and then to a restaurant we had been told about. A quick call, and they were there to pick us up when we were ready to come home.

The room was incredible, stunning really. The beds were soft , with 2 down quilts and perfectly soft pillows. And the bathroom (about which I tend to be particular) was just beautiful, slate floors, a deep soaking bath and a wonderful separate shower with an overhead spigot that felt like a soaking rain. We joked that we may never leave the room :)

The location was great, 2 blocks from16th Street with many shops and wonderful restaurants. The convention center is only 2 blocks away as well, a lovely walk. The price was not exactly cheap but absolutely reasonable for such a hotel.

There is nothing negative I can say. To emphasize what really made this hotel stand out was the amazing service attitude of every individual who worked there. They all seemed to be enjoying their jobs and made you feel they were really glad you were there. The best.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
Colorado Springs, CO
Reviewed November 11, 2009

In July I was fortunate to stay at the Teatro on two occasions. Once with dear old friends in town for a weekend of opera and a few weeks later with my boyfriend.

I was worried that staying at a hotel just an hour from our home wouldn't feel much like a getaway - but everything at the Hotel Teatro is wonderful and both trips truly felt special.

The weekend with friends exceeded all of our expectations - and the service and details were handled with perfection. Torie, in particular, was wonderful with restaurant recommendations and attention to our every need.

The weekend with my boyfriend was romantic and relaxing - which, again, was somewhat unexpected since we were just over an hour from our home. Once again the staff were attentive to every detail - from parking to room service to theater tickets. Front row!!

The hotel is truly luxurious. Love the sheets, love the shower, love the amenities.

I can't wait for our next weekend getaway - without even leaving the state!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, November 20, 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests and we are looking forward to your next stay.
Houston, TX
Reviewed November 2, 2009

My fiance and I traveled to Denver to get engaged and stayed at this hotel. Upon arrival they took our bags inside and we were checked in. They were extremely professional always calling my fiance Mr. Jackson. The interior of the historic Denver building is charming and elegant. The staff helped us make dinner reservations upon arrival with no trouble at all. They had the queen balcony room ready at 12 when we arrived even though check-in doesn't start till 3pm. The room was great! Comfy bed, hair dyer, avada bath products, free water, free internet access, robes, soaking tube, rain shower, make up mirror, an abundance of towels, it was just amazing. We used the free Escalde to drive to dinner and from dinner to the theater. It was very comfortable, classy, clean, and the drivers were very helpful and always promptly came to pick us up. My fiance had arranged for us to have the rose petal turn down after he proposed to me and it was fanatically arranged with rose petals all over the floor and two roses on the bed with two of the hotel Belgium chocolates. They did not put it on the bill. We ordered room service for breakfast and the juice was fresh and all the baked goods were fresh and delicious, they even put flowers on the breakfast tray. The staff was grateful to help us in any way possible, they were outstanding. While the room is on the small side they are perfectly arranged and you never feel cramped. The location is perfect for seeing a show, going to the convention center, or walking along the 16th street mall! I would stay here again in a heart beat. Great service, romantic, and perfect for any occasion. I'm stayed in many hotels around the world and this one is by far my favorite!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vjack0887
Reston, VA
Reviewed October 31, 2009

This is the first time I've taken the time to write a review and I must confess it was partly due to the request of a Teatro staff member who handed me a business card with TripAdvisor.com on it and asked if I would write them up. That said, had it not been for the wonderful and satisfying experience I would not have wasted a minute even if it been simply a "good" experience. With other choices in cities like Denver, I would simply have not stayed there again and probably would have forgotten it over time.

I've been "fortunate" to travel extensively for work here in the US and abroad without much restriction on where I stay (e.g, Sofitel and even the Four Seasons, InterContinental, among others of the kind). This has permitted me the latitude try many different types of hotels. Lately I've been into old American restored properties and I've gone out of my way to seek them out. This is probably my 5th or 6th restored hotel here in the US this year. The previous two were the Hilton President, Kansas City and the Westin Columbus which is the restored "Great Southern". The others I'd have to go back through my expenses to find because they did not leave much of an impression or were less than satisfactory.

I have to say in this class of old restored hotels, the Teatro was fabulous and it reset the benchmark for me. The staff was very professional, friendly, alert and helpful. The room service and the food (breakfast) was very good, hot and prompt. The restaurant I did not try but appears to be well run and very well attended. The rooms in particular were very nice, quite and comfortable and beautifully appointed (their website is an accurate reflection of the quality). The bathroom was also very nice and spacious (wonderful shower!). Something else, the hotel has a very clean and fresh air (smell) to it. Some old hotels, despite their restoration, can suffer from their age in this regard. If you stay on the 9th floor (I think it was the 9th) your room opens out onto a small balcony area (shared with other rooms, by the way) which in Denver can be very nice in the evening with the sound of traffic below and the breeze moving the sheer curtains.

Overall the Teatro is a wonderful place to retreat and hang your hat after a long day!

p.s. But don't walk off with the special (heavy) stainless steel room key! There's a 35$ replacement charge. I am very particular about details and was careful to turn mine in when I checked out. However, a charge appeared on my Amex August statement for the 35$ and I promply called them about it. They indicated it was for the key. I kind of thought it was odd, e.g., why not ask the guest where the key is if they don't turn it in during checkout?. Anyway, I'm doing my expenses next so I'll be on the look out for a 35$ credit.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dover, NH
Reviewed October 29, 2009

Had a wonderful stay here. The location is great. The service from everyone was fantastic. We arrived early morning and they had a room available for us within half an hour. A nice perk was the free transportation the hotel provided within the immediate area. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Gonzales, LA
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I would like to begin by saying my wife and I really enjoyed our stay there. We got there early on Sunday, as we were switching hotels in Denver to be closer to the Convention Center. Phillip handled the room not being ready very professionally and called us when it was ready.

The room itself is very nice, not big, per se, but comfortable. One issue I did have was with the size of the bed. I am about 6'2" and my feet completely hung off of the bed. A bit uncomfortable, but bearable.

The bathroom itself was nice with a sizeable tub and waterfall showerhead. I also really enjoyed the Aveda ammenities. My biggest complaints with the bathroom were a hair dryer that kept going off because it got overheated and a toilet that needed some maintanence.

The location itself was great for the conference we attended. Larimar Square was only a block and a half away. When we needed to go further, we took the Escalade they used as a courtesy car. Brad was the one driver I remember and he was great.

My largest complaint about the hotel was the amount of noise in my room (205). It was right at the corner of 14th and Arapahoe and right near the main hotel door. In addition there was construction going on across the street.

What does seperate this hotel were the people. By far some of the best staff that I have seen. I was always referred to by name as if everyone had known me for ages.

Overall, a great stay, but certain things could use a bit of attention.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
ReservationsManager, Reservations Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, October 23, 2009
Thank you so much for the wonderful comments about our hotel and staff. We strive to be your home away from home and are happy to hear that you agree. Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed staying with us and the items that needed improvement. We always appreciate feedback from our guests. The toilet in your room was in need of repair; thank you for alerting us to this and it has since been fixed. Please let us know when you are coming back for your next visit and we will ensure that your room is on a higher floor to ensure the street and contruction noise is not bothersome. We are looking forward to your next stay.