“Best Hotel Ever!!”

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Columbia, MD
Reviewed March 14, 2006

This hotel deserves two enthusiastic thumbs up!! I stayed there during a convention my company had in Denver and loved every minute of it. From the staff to the amenities I truly felt welcome and valued as a guest. One of the most delightful hotel stays of my life. Bravo Teatro!!!

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business
3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Write a ReviewReviews (1,271)

Reviewed February 15, 2006

The Teatro has elegant rooms and a first class staff.(An example being the valets who offered to take our car to a wash and detail center a few miles away when we simply asked about the closest carwash.) The hotel rooms are tiled in marble and the comforters are down.(Worth the upgrade to a superior room). While the location is a short walk from 16th Street mall - I think it is much nicer to be located at the Teatro which is only a few steps from the theatre district and Lamier street! This hotel deserves between 4 and 5 stars.The restaurants located within are critically acclaimed but I feel possibly overhyped. Definately consider having breakfast off property if you are looking for more than continental dining. Overall, our favorite romantic escape.

• Stayed: February 2006
4  Thank ColoradoKristen
Tucson AZ
Reviewed January 22, 2006

That this hotel considers itself on par with the Oberoi is one of the most pathetic delusions you will ever encounter outside of a mental institution. I admit I was fooled by the great reviews. I arrived to find the carpet and accoutrements shopworn and seedy, the valets unkempt and disinclined to help with baggage. Nevertheless, I pressed on, looking forward to the special evening I'd booked and flown three hours for. But lo! Despite my having booked a month in advance and having been confirmed for a special evening theatre package, I arrived to find that despite my confirmation, the room and package I had booked for a special evening present was not available. The receptionist insisted I'd booked the wrong date, despite the confirmation! She grudgingly stuck us in a room so small we had to crawl over a chair to get to the bed. Moreover, it was between two elevators, so we spent a romantic evening listening to the bells and hall noise all night. Being a stranger to Denver, and by then very disheartened, I did not move to the Brown or even the Westin as I immediately should have. There was no attempt to "make it right" and the special evening I'd planned was a nightmare. Underline, italicize, boldface that statement. I retain the impression that this is business as usual for them, and that the happy reviews below are provided either by relatives of the staff or equally unhappy visitors sharing a hefty dose of schadenfreude aiming to share the misery.

• Stayed: January 2006
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Colorado Springs
Reviewed January 22, 2006

We arrived at the Teatro full of expectation, having read reviews etc; we had booked their advertised "theatre package" for what was to be a special night. Upon arrival we found that our reservation had been entered by the staff for the wrong night. We later checked our confirmation letter and found that we had booked the correct night, the hotel had got it wrong. There was basically no apology from the staff, they simply acted as though it was our fault and that we had made the incorrect reservation; there was no effort on the part of the hotel to actually check the reservation we had made other than by looking into their now obviously incorrect reservation system. The hotel could not give us the room we had booked so they put us in a lower class room "a lovely room on the seventh floor with a mountain view" was they way the staff described it. The room was actually the smallest hotel room I have EVER stayed in, it had a view only of the multi story car park/building next door and we were kept awake through the night by the air conditioning/heating systems on that building, movement of the elevator and door opening and closing (we were right in between the two hotel elevators), the trains that run continually through the night and frequent noise by staff and other guests.
We were very glad to check out the next day, having had our special occasion spoiled by the hotel and its staff. Upon checkout we reiterated our disappointment with the error in our reservation, however again the staff seemed to have little concern.
All in all a very disappointing stay; we certainly do not recommend the Teatro and we will stay at another Denver hotel next time.

Stayed: January 2006
10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 7, 2006

I chose this hotel based on the Tripadvisor reviews, and was not disappointed. I booked a "deluxe" room for $175 by calling the hotel (down from their 'regular' $300 per night rate, but the same as the rate on Expedia). The Valet was polite, professional, and helpful, and they provide a car service to take you to restaurants or bars nearby. I took advantage of this and was quickly whisked away to dinner a few blocks away, and promptly picked up when I called to go back to the hotel.

Check-in and check-out were quick and painless. The room was extremely nice and seemed pretty new: tile floors in the entryway, nice carpet in the bed-area, classic furniture, and a phenomenal bed. As a frequent business traveler, my main concern is always the comfort of the bed, and this one did not disappoint. Top-quality linens, comfortable pillows, down-comforter, and a closet full of additional pillows, neck rolls, and another blanket.

The bathroom was first-rate also. Solid tile from floor to ceiling, separate glass-enclosed shower and tub, two sinks, soft and plentiful towels. The shower had both an overhead 'rain-style' showerhead, and a handheld device.

The desk area is built-into the wall and rather close to the bed, but the room otherwise is average-size with a small sofa, chair, and coffee table.

There was no view of the city from my window, which didn't bother me. There was enough for light to come in. All in all, I was completely satisfied with this hotel because of the service and the quality of the bed and bathroom, and will definitely stay there next time I'm in Denver.

• Stayed: January 2006, traveled on business