“Cozy, cute, romantic and very comfortable.”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed July 6, 2014

This is one of the few times I liked a hotel enough to prompt me to write a review and I have stayed in some great hotels across the world. Teatro was a fabulous experience from start to finish with fantastic rooms and service. We stayed in a superior queen with balcony and loved to stand in the balcony while enjoying a cup of tea or coffee while taking in the vibe of the city. Even though the hotel was undergoing renovations, it didn't take away from our experience. Free bottles water and wifi. They even offer a complimentary car service within a two mile radios of the hotel. Also allowed an early check in. This hotel was a key part of our wonderful trip to Colorado.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Vattems
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Vatterns, Thank you so much for the review!
We're glad to see that you enjoyed your stay, and proud to be a key part of your vacation! We are finishing up the remodel this week, and our new restaurant, The Nickel, will be be open next week! I hope you'll come back and check it out next time you're in Denver. Thank you again for the review!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy

Write a ReviewReviews (1,286)

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We recently stayed here for a business trip in June 2014. I want to say the bad first and get it out of the way. Our flight was diverted for bad weather flying into Denver so we did not make it to the hotel until very late at night, around midnight. After we get out of our cab and unload our bags, we go to the front desk to be informed they oversold and they have to move us to another hotel. We never received a call or any notification prior to arrival so you could imagine how happy we were to hear this. Nothing like getting to a hotel late at night unloading your bags and then having to go to another hotel 15 minutes away, only to unpack and have to pack again the next day when the rooms we paid for would be available. The only other issue was that all of the front desk employees were brand new and sounded like robots with their corporate trained responses to everything.

Besides the problems listed above the hotel is actually great when we got into our rooms. The front desk manager, Lance, really knows how to make the best of bad situations and I would say he is among the best managers I have ever dealt with in my travels. He didn't give away the house (we tried) and I actually felt like he honestly cared about our stay and how they put us out. He was amazing along with all of the other bell hops at the hotel. They recommended great restaurants and were always a pleasure to deal with. The hotel was under going renovations, which we were not told of in advance, but our rooms were very clean and quite. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a place for either business or pleasure in Denver. Great location and great people.

Room Tip: Inside rooms are the quietest if you don't mind a poor view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
3  Thank sean l

seanI, thanks for the thorough review!
I sincerely apologize for asking you to move hotels for the night; i know that was a major inconvenience, and I appreciate your patience with us. Also, thank you for recognizing Lance for doing a great job; we're lucky to have him!
I hope you'll come back and see us again soon!

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed at here for work. The room was extremely comfortable, great night's sleep, excellent shower. Only one problem. They failed to have room service deliver my breakfast the next morning. Room service was still not delivering meals 30 minutes after they promised. I waited until the last possible minute and had to leave without ever getting my food. I'd stay here again for personal trip, but never a work trip that required me to be up early for an important meeting.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank txnewlyweds411
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2014

txnewlyweds411, thank you for the feedback from your stay. I apologize for missing your breakfast order; and please understand that that is not a typical experience at Hotel Teatro! Please feel free to contact me directly if you would like to give the hotel another try, I would appreciate the opportunity to make your reservation myself so I can make sure your next stay is flawless!
Thank you, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Although I liked this little hotel and the staff was very friendly and helpful, the street noise kept me up at all hours of the day and night. We had a lovely 4th floor Superior King room (junior suite) on the Northwest corner facing 14th street with one side window towards the Larimar Square area. Little did we know that there would be drag-racing and motorcycle rallies on the streets outside at all hours during out three night stay. This wasn't just a weekend thing. The staff explained that those very large windows were the original 100 year old single-pane windows which supposedly could not be replaced due to historic concern (although nothing should have prevented them form being able to add sound-proof glazing from the inside). Our side window also overlooked the hotel dumpster and the noise that t made, too.

The good side was the large bathroom with the super-sized tub and large walk-in shower. I spent a lot of time in there to avoid the engine revving and tire pealing that could be heard in my room. Another good thing was the strength of the free WIFI signal. They offer free newspapers that everyone seems to reject because who reads a news paper any more? The valet parking is cheap at only $16.00 a night.

There is no breakfast offered in this hotel, although there is a pay coffee stand in the lobby. They give you a couple of Keurig capsules and a machine that you have to carry into the bathroom every time you want to make a cup. The closet were surprisingly small considering we were in a suite

I'd say that this hotel has more appeal to a younger hip per crowd, or maybe to business travelers who can afford to stay on the top floor away from the traffic noise.

Room Tip: Stay away from the 14th Street side of the building and try to get a room above the 4th floor if you...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for the review, Toxoman, we appreciate the feedback! Please feel free to reach out to us directly so we can help you find a quieter room for your next visit! Our top floor does have newer windows that the rest of the building, so it does tend to be a bit quieter. Also, we are near completion on our renovation, so we will be able to offer 24 hour room service again very shortly.
Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

We are a couple thinking of relocating to Denver. After two nights at a less than mediocre (and sometimes downright unpleasant) Holiday Inn in the Cherry Creek neighborhood, we were desperate for a different type of experience.

We booked Hotel Teatro the day of our stay, and we could not have had a more pleasant and enjoyable evening and morning here. The front desk staff was extremely friendly, especially Mihalea, who went out of her way to make us feel welcome and answered our many questions with a smile.

We went to our room and while it was very nice, it didn't have a bathtub. We called the front desk to see if we could switch to a room with a tub, and they graciously and quickly set us up with a new room, no charge or anything. The room had an absolutely heavenly bed, tasteful and elegant furniture, and an AMAZING bathroom with a soaking tub and a rain shower. Our windows were beautiful with a great view of Denver.

Other great aspects of staying at Hotel Teatro was the friendly and quick valet and how close it was to everything in downtown Denver. This was the luxury and comfort we were really looking for, and we got it! We will absolutely come back.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rachel S
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Rachel W,
Thank you for the wonderful review!
We're all happy to see that you had a great stay, and we'll be sure to recognize Mihaela and our valet team for doing a great job!
Please come back and see us again soon!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Like some recent reviewers, we stayed at the Hotel Teatro during it's renovations. We were there for three nights attending family events.

The check in was fine, but I personally do not like to be responsible for a $35 key (they make you sign a form saying you will pay for any key not returned). The also explained that there was complimentary water in the room. It turns out that the complimentary water was only provided for the first day of arrival. Too bad as I was really hesitant to drink from the tap as rusty water came out almost every time we turned on the water (from sink - both cold and hot).

Since the water was a rusty color, I was not inclined to drink it or use it to make coffee. Not a great situation when you are worried about dehydration at higher altitudes.

Our room was fine, but small. The windows were so completely outdated that there were gaps in the panes. Consequently the street noise was a problem. Frankly, the room was not too quiet regardless. We were luckily close to the end of a hall.

The fitness center was a joke… small and really depressing.

The elevators were a mess.

All of this and the price was still a bit high during a renovation. We had made our reservations months in advance and were not aware of the renovations, nor the challenges that would result from it… like no bar, no restaurant, closed off stairs, etc.

Housekeeping service seemed fine, but they did break the cardinal rule… one housekeeper let my brother into someone else's room (albeit a cousin's room, but still!!!) to take a shower while she was cleaning his room.

Room Tip: Ask if they have any rooms that have renovated windows.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyBobbi

Happybobbi,
Thank you for the review. I'm pleased to say that we are actually replacing our entire lock system during the 3rd week of July, so in the future we will have a more user-friendly system that does not require us to charge a replacement fee for expensive keys! Additionally, I apologize for the rusty water. That was due to some work we needed to do on a hot water line and is certainly not typical of Hotel Teatro. We are very much looking forward to opening the new restaurant and bar so our guests don't have to leave property with a great meal and original craft cocktails!
Thanks again for your time.

Reviewed June 28, 2014 via mobile

We were greeted by friendly staff upon arrival. The restaurant was being renovated with a projected completion of July 27, 2014. The room was adequate but wasn't worth the price per night. Paint was chipping in the bathroom, windows were outdated with makeshift shims and screws holding them closed. When we turned on the hot water faucets, rusty water flowed for 10-15 minutes before it cleared up. Our breakfast consisted of a bagel with cream cheese and toast which cost $7.56 billed to the room. Overall, not terrible stay but we expected more for a $300/stay. Will definitely not choose this hotel again for our anniversary.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Jeffrey M,
I sincerely apologize for the shortfalls during your stay, and I'm sorry to see that you are not interested in coming back. Unfortunately, we had to make some repairs to a hot water line during your stay, which is what caused the rust-colored water. As you can imagine, repairs like that are necessary on occasion, and we do make an effort to inform all of our guests, though it seems we failed to get the message to you.
I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you directly about your stay. Please contact me directly if you would like to discuss this further.
Again, my sincere apologies, and thank you for taking the time to share your experience.