“Pet friendly!”

Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Dallas, Texas
“Pet friendly!”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

When I arrived I had just driven 12 hours and the moment I stepped into the lobby an employee asked me if they could walk my dog for me and inquired as to whether I would need food and water dishes, dog food, treats, etc.
I didn't stay long, just long enough to sleep and then left again in the morning, but I couldn't have asked for a more pet friendly place to stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dianne W, Thank you for the review! We love dogs here, and I'm very happy to see that our team made such an impression after your long drive. Please come back and see us again soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Currently the property is undergoing construction in the lobby. Didn't affect stay much since time in lobby was limited. Very good location and closest parking garage is the next block over but it's easier to just suck it up and pay for valet. Room was small but well designed and very plush and clean. Complimentary Fiji waters in room. Although thermostat was set low the room was warm and outside night noise woke us a couple times (and we were on the back of the hotel on the 7th floor). They stated that they had a complimentary breakfast but it consisted of fruit, yogurt, muffins & coffee. Just grab coffee and walk to the nearby Sam's #3 for an awesome breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Jessica P,
We're glad to see you enjoyed your visit, thank you for the review! Our continental breakfast was limited, but once The Nickel opens in a few weeks we will be back to a full menu for breakfast lunch and dinner. We're getting close!
Please come back and see us again!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2014

I would have liked a heads up on total lobby demo, the sawdust in the air was over-whelming. Nice, but old and rather worn rooms and decor, the elevator smelled of mildew. 5 star price but 3 star quality

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

740LarsP, Thank you for sharing the feedback from your recent visit. I'm sorry for the sawdust in the air, but the majority of the construction is behind us! We are also planning some updates to the decor in the rooms over the next year; I hope you'll come back and visit again after the remodel, we'd love the feedback on the changes!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Would have been nice if I was told about the construction at your hotel and the closed restaurant when I made the reservation for the 28th of May, a little deceitful? Have stayed at the Teatro before and had a great time, this visit not so much
Richard Gilbert

1 Thank Richard G
Thank you for the review, Mr. Gilbert. I am sorry that you were disappointed with your stay, but we are nearing completion on The Nickel!. I sincerely hope you'll give Hotel Teatro another try once everything is complete. Please feel free to reach out to me directly to make your next reservation!
Thank you, and we hope to see you again soon!
Seattle, WA
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We had one night to stay in Denver and wanted to stay in the downtown area. We found a special rate for this high end, highly rated hotel. The special rate was because the lobby renovation, which they did not tell us about. Not a big problem, but we did not get to sit in the lobby and relax. The room rate was still very expensive. We were supposed to have a city view, but because we wanted to check in around 3:00 our room wasn't ready and we accepted a mountain view room. The staff, from front desk to bell boys are excellent. I think because of the renovation, they had a complimentary happy hour serving light meat, cheeses, crackers, fruit, wine, and beer and also a complementary continental breakfast, both of which were very good. The hotel parking is expensive, about $30 or so, and there are surface lots nearby that are a lot cheaper, but not we were looking for convenience and used the valet parking. Our room was very nice and our view was good! We were on the 8th floor looking south towards the mountains. I would recommend the city side, but the hotel has single pane windows and it may be noisier there. But, sometimes the city has fireworks and you need to be on the city view side to see those. If we came back, yes we would consider staying here, but there are a number of very nice hotels in the downtown area that might be cheaper. The Teatro is very convenient to the freeway system and it's easy to get back to the airport from the hotel. I normally have trouble sleeping but the beds and pillows were great for me. The shower featured a rain drop type head located overhead which was very relaxing. My wife really enjoyed the over sized soaking tub and hand shower system in the separate tub.

Room Tip: City view side may give you a view of the fireworks. But may be noiser. Mountain view side is near...
Dear cabojim,
Thank you for taking the time to thoroughly review your experience! I'm happy to see that your stay was not affected too much by the construction, and I'll pass along your kind words about the staff. We now have our new lobby open and are only a couple weeks away from wrapping up construction on The Nickel! We hope you'll come see us and share your feedback on the new lobby and restaurant once everything is finished!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed May 31, 2014

well the last time i stayed here in december, the internet access was horrible to the point of me writing my first negative review. well a few months later and teatro was kind enough to offer me a return night on the house to see if they have improved...

well just my luck that when i am back in denver, the hotel is under construction.. no restaurant, no lobby even... ouch.

i suppose there is no time like the present for renovations, but the hotel was already beautiful in my opinion...

that being said, the internet is finally working...

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
jasonpinsky,
Thank you for the review. I'm glad you mentioned the internet as we have made some significant upgrades since your last stay.
While I agree that the building was beautiful before, we did feel that it was time to refresh lobby and we are very excited to be taking our restaurant in a new direction. I do hope you'll visit again and try The Nickel once it's open!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy
Kansas City
Reviewed May 30, 2014

It was unfortunate that my first stay coincided with the lobby and restaurant renovation. However, I was also disappointed with the cooling system in my room which made it akin to sleeping in a wind tunnel. I also had to deal with a couple of large moths that insisted in performing stunts above my bed. I hope the door locking systems and the exercise room are being addressed as part of the renovation. Finally, breakfast service was subpar as a result on the restaurant renovations.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Jonathan B,
Thank you for the review! We've completed the Study and reception area of the remodel, and are very excited to open The Nickel when it is complete. I hope you'll give Hotel Teatro another chance when we're done with the construction!