“Wedding stay”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #33 of 159 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Excellent service despite torn up lobby for renovations. Very cooperative limo service. All employees were very friendly and responsive. Our room had an ugly view over equipment that was loud.. perhaps.my fault for not requesting a change.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2014

Thank you for the review, mitcheric! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay despite the remodel. Please feel free to call the hotel directly to make your next reservation so we can get you into a room with a better view!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We were assured that the construction would be "not noticeable" however it was very noticeable. There is no restaurant/bar, rooms are average. The location is great and the saving grace are the bell hops!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Frank D, thank you for the review, and I hope you will come back to see the finished product once it's complete! We were expecting to have the lobby half of the project completed a week ago, but have had some delays. Once the lobby area is complete, the inconvenience to our guests should be significantly less. We will be moving our front desk to the newly remodeled area by the end of next week!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy

Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stay at the Hotel Teatro quite a bit. It is by far my favorite hotel in Denver. Location is fantastic, the staff is always friendly, warm and helpful. I am anxiously awaiting the lobby and restaurant remodel and can't wait for my next visit!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for the review, Lawrence H!
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again! We're very excited about completing the renovations and opening our new restaurant, The Nickel! I look forward to hearing what you think of the changes!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Room and bedding were fine. My huge complaint is that there was construction going on so lobby all closed off. I made my reservation not too far in advance and was never told about this. I even made a comment to guest services when I made reservation about how excited I was for the restaurant and they said nothing to me! Unbelievable. I will never stay here again because of this dishonesty.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for not informing you of the renovation prior to your stay. I assure you that our intention was not to be dishonest or misleading, but I completely understand your frustration. We are very excited to complete the remodel of our lobby and open our new restaurant, The Nickel, though it seems your interaction with our front desk team indicated otherwise. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you about this directly, and hopefully you'll reconsider staying with us again after the project is complete. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me, Jordan Murphy, at 303-228-1100.
Again, thank you for your time and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for your experience.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

Hotel was nice. Room was small but comfortable and had nice bedding and the bathroom was amazing. My only complaint was due to construction the restaurant was not open and I was not told beforehand. But I was able to order room service when needed. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review Emily H!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jordan Murphy

Reviewed May 21, 2014

We like staying in historic hotels and this one qualifies. Our room was quite large and well-furnished. For once, there were more outlets than we needed for recharging electronic gear. The view from our ninth-floor corner room and balcony was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and made some extra effort to be accommodating. The free wine bar in the late afternoon was welcome, but the breakfast offerings were sparse. The hotel was convenient to many attractions and restaurants, all within walking distance. There is a free town car for traveling up to two miles, but we didn't need it. We're we didn't find the hotel's full potential was in the lack of an on-site restaurant. It was undergoing a remodel so there was no in-hotel eating option. No problem, though, there were lots of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for the review Overlooker! I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the restaurant being closed, but hopefully you'll come back and stay with us again after The Nickel opens! Please feel free to reach out to me directly to assist with your reservations.
Thanks again! Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed her in March and overall this was a very nice hotel. The local brew served at the bar was great as were the appetizers. Rooms were small but nicely decorated. The location is central to most Denver activities; however, the weekend noise from the local bar scene was very disruptive during the evening.....

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing 14th street due to local nightlife bar scene....