“Great hotel”

Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Santa Fe
“Great hotel”
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I stay at the Hotel Teatro quite a bit. It is by far my favorite hotel in Denver. Location is fantastic, the staff is always friendly, warm and helpful. I am anxiously awaiting the lobby and restaurant remodel and can't wait for my next visit!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Thank you for the review, Lawrence H!
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and look forward to seeing you again! We're very excited about completing the renovations and opening our new restaurant, The Nickel! I look forward to hearing what you think of the changes!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
La
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Room and bedding were fine. My huge complaint is that there was construction going on so lobby all closed off. I made my reservation not too far in advance and was never told about this. I even made a comment to guest services when I made reservation about how excited I was for the restaurant and they said nothing to me! Unbelievable. I will never stay here again because of this dishonesty.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Jennifer S,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologize for not informing you of the renovation prior to your stay. I assure you that our intention was not to be dishonest or misleading, but I completely understand your frustration. We are very excited to complete the remodel of our lobby and open our new restaurant, The Nickel, though it seems your interaction with our front desk team indicated otherwise. I would appreciate an opportunity to speak with you about this directly, and hopefully you'll reconsider staying with us again after the project is complete. If you would like to discuss this further please contact me, Jordan Murphy, at 303-228-1100.
Again, thank you for your time and I hope you will accept my sincere apologies for your experience.
San Francisco, California
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Hotel was nice. Room was small but comfortable and had nice bedding and the bathroom was amazing. My only complaint was due to construction the restaurant was not open and I was not told beforehand. But I was able to order room service when needed. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. I will definitely stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks for the review Emily H!
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Jordan Murphy
Santa Fe, NM
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We like staying in historic hotels and this one qualifies. Our room was quite large and well-furnished. For once, there were more outlets than we needed for recharging electronic gear. The view from our ninth-floor corner room and balcony was wonderful. The staff was extremely helpful and made some extra effort to be accommodating. The free wine bar in the late afternoon was welcome, but the breakfast offerings were sparse. The hotel was convenient to many attractions and restaurants, all within walking distance. There is a free town car for traveling up to two miles, but we didn't need it. We're we didn't find the hotel's full potential was in the lack of an on-site restaurant. It was undergoing a remodel so there was no in-hotel eating option. No problem, though, there were lots of nearby restaurants.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
Thank you for the review Overlooker! I'm glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the restaurant being closed, but hopefully you'll come back and stay with us again after The Nickel opens! Please feel free to reach out to me directly to assist with your reservations.
Thanks again! Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed May 19, 2014

We stayed her in March and overall this was a very nice hotel. The local brew served at the bar was great as were the appetizers. Rooms were small but nicely decorated. The location is central to most Denver activities; however, the weekend noise from the local bar scene was very disruptive during the evening.....

Room Tip: Stay away from rooms facing 14th street due to local nightlife bar scene....
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 20, 2014
Kim L,
Thank you for taking to time to share your experience, and we're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay overall. I hope you'll stay with us again, and I encourage you to contact the property directly to make your reservation so we can be sure to offer you a room that faces away from the street noise!
Casper, Wyoming
Reviewed May 19, 2014

Staff were all great and helpful. Very courteous, all friendly and happy to be of service. Location was great for getting all around the downtown area. Remodel was the only disappointment, and look forward to seeing it once everything is finished. It sounds like it will be fabulous and an even better place to stay!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Steve P, Thank you for the review! I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the inconvenience caused by the remodel, but we're very excited to show off the finished product! We hope you'll come back and check out our new lobby and restaurant once the renovation is complete!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Breckenridge, Co
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I spent 2 nights while attending a conf. at the Curtis, only a block away. Perfect location for walking back and forth! The Lobby and everything is under construction, which was no big deal except the bar is closed (no glass of wine to wind down with at night). But the 2nd night, I called down to the desk and was so excited that they were able to deliver me a glass of wine to my room - fantastic!! I can't remember the guys name, but he was super, super nice and totally made my night and my stay!

The rooms are great, better lighting in the bathroom would be nice, but not sure it's possible with the floorplan.

Thank you for a great stay and I'll be back with my post remodel discount provided at check-in! Can't wait to see everything once it's all done!

Dear StayInBreck,
Thank you for the review, we're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay! I'm sorry you weren't able to get a glass of wine on the first night of your stay. During the remodel we are offering a complimentary happy hour for guests on our concourse level where we are offering wine, but I apologize for not letting you know when you arrived.
We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager