“Over night stay”

Ranked #21 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Mamhead
“Over night stay”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Really lovely hotel in the centre of Denver- close to shops and cafés ( walking distance). We were travelling with a friend and booked the first night with 2 superior rooms as a stop off before our road trip. The rooms were excellent, large well equipped and quiet, the staff were friendly, welcoming and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tanzey K
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Tanzey K,
Thank you for the wonderful review! We're very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay, and we look forward to seeing you again next time you travel through Denver. I hope you all had a great time on your road trip!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed May 7, 2014

My wifey and I stayed at the Teatro for three nights and loved everything about this hotel... we will be back. It’s in a beautiful building and at the time they were renovating the lobby, so I can only imagine how nice it will be after completion. Now mind you, we travel all over and the room size is more what you’ll see in Europe, a bit smaller. But you’re only there to sleep and clean-up so we didn’t mind. Also, it is on a busy street so like all hotels in a downtown, it can be noisy, but it never prevented us from sleeping. The hotel was clean, nicely decorated, great location, and the staff ranks among the best we’ve interacted with. Free Wi-Fi, continental type breakfast, tons of restaurants in walking distance, ballpark only like four/five blocks away, theatre next door, and they have a car that will drop off/pick-up for locations within a three mile radius. We were extremely happy with our selection and I can’t speak enough about the guys out front (concierge)… who were extremely nice and helpful. Thanks!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mfreund72
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thanks for the positive review, mfreund72! We're elated to see that you had such a great visit! Also, I'm glad the renovation in the lobby was an inconvenience, we're all very excited to unveil the finished product over the next 6 weeks. I hope you can come back again after we've opened our new restaurant, The Nickel, in late July!
Thanks again, and we hope to see you soon!
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 28, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times, over a dozen times in the last year or so. I have received great service every time I have visited. The staff is extraordinarily helpful and always willing to make my business trip more enjoyable. I also really like the free shuttle service in the downtown area. I have stayed at several hotels in the downtown Denver area and recommend Teatro (by far) as the best.

Room Tip: All rooms are good, but request one that is western exposure
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank thor p
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear thor p,
Thank you for the stellar review! We're always happy to hear from a frequent guest! I'm glad that the renovation project did not disturb your stay. It is only directly affecting our lobby areas, and the construction team is working closely with us to do everything we can to minimize the impact this has on the rest of the hotel. I hope you can come back and see us soon! We're very excited to have our new restaurant opening in July as well. We'll be posting details on our website as we get closer!
Thanks again, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Very nice bathroom but extremely small room you also have to pay an extra 30 to park your car. We are from Chicago where the prices are sky high compared to Denver but this hotel is just an average. We really enjoyed Colorado and Denver. This was one of the greatest vacations we have had

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Carolyn Z
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this review, April 27, 2014
Carolyn Z,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay. I'm disappointed to see that you found Hotel Teatro to be just average. If you would be willing to contact me, I would really appreciate hearing about your stay to see if there is anything specific that we could have done better.
Thank you. Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager, 720-889-2134
Cortez, Colorado
Reviewed April 24, 2014

I stayed at this beautifully renovated vintage hotel for 4 days in the end of March 2014. At first sight, I was in love. My room was on the second floor; I could go up a couple of flight of stairs from the beautiful entrance decorated with the huge and fabulous flower arrangement to get to my room, and that was lovely for a serious flower lover and so incredibly convenient. I was there for business on a tight schedule, juggling meetings and conference calls. Due to my back injury, it is very hard for me to be sitting at one place more than a few hours. The central location of the hotel allowed me to walk back to the room quickly, allowing to rest during the lunch hours or to attend conference calls stretched out on the very clean floor in privacy. When I was tight with the time going back out to the offices or eateries, the hotel staff kindly gave me a ride in the downtown area. I bet this is convenient for the night life lovers, but for me, it made such a difference trying to take a good care of myself and at the same time, showing up at all appointments on time. The lounge always had fresh apples and beverage services. Despite the popular restaurant within a hotel and bar/lounge, the noise at night was not noticeable (I'm not very tolerant of that). There was a hot water all the time, and the towels were thick and smelled really clean (one thing: a stopper of the tub leaked, slow enough for a but needs fixing-I should've asked when I was there; they'd have fixed it right away, I'm sure :) Bed and pillows were so nice, and the design of the room was good-it was small and simple, but i had everything I needed and everything was situated for a good energy movement. A door opened out to a roof top, which gave my small room a feeling of expansion. A little tassel on the door knob meant "don't disturb"-refreshening. But the best of all was the staff's care that showed everywhere. Sparklingly clean rooms, courteous services, friendly conversations and willingness to assist at any time. I'm not staying anywhere else in Denver but this hotel from now on. I loved everything about it, and yes, next time, I'm bringing my family with me, including my pooches! Thank you for making my stay so comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank t g
tn, thank you for the thorough and complimentary review! We're happy to see that you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next visit with your family and your pooches! Thanks again for taking the time to share your experience.
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the last two days of our honeymoon in Colorado. First off, the location of this hotel is ideal! It's right downtown, just moments from the 16th Street Mall and surrounding blocks. A short drive to the highway, Pepsi center (where we watched the Nuggets), and the Denver Museum of Nature & Science.

The hotel itself was gorgeous! Very posh. The valet was exceptional, with free car service to surrounding areas. The staff was excellent, and very nice. We actually felt a little out of our element because of how nice the hotel was. The only floor of the hotel that has a balcony is the top floor, but it is little more than a roof lip that runs around the top of the hotel. It is not private, but the specific areas for each room are separated by tall plants. It did allow us to step outside of our room and view the city though. Not much in the way of views, as you are surrounded by other hotels, but it was fun to people watch on the streets below. The hotel was quiet, and seemed to cater to an older crowd of couples and business associates.

Ok, here's the thing, the room is TINY. I mean tiny tiny tiny. The Superior Queen is what we stayed in, and it was still only 330 SQFT. I would not stay there again only because the price did not match the room in my opinion. You walk in the door and the bathroom is immediately to your right, a counter to your left along with two little closets, then 3 steps in is the bed(room). I say bed(room) because that's all you get. A bed in a room, with just enough space to walk around it. There was a keurig, and a little fridge, but the Keurig had to be pulled out of the closet to be plugged in and used. There was no microwave which was kind of a bummer, especially considering all the great restaurants near by. Also, we ordered room service for breakfast our last day there. I was expecting like a $30 bill, well I was wrong. For one omelet, a stack of pancakes and two orange juices it was $60!!!! I was SHOCKED! I don't care how nice the hotel is, there's only one type of pancakes and eggs, and they sure don't equate to $60.00! Like I said, location was great, hotel was beautiful, but I would not stay again. The room was just too small, and everything a little too expensive. There are so many hotels in downtown Denver, that I'm sure you could find one for a better overall package. Maybe something more mainstream...

Room Tip: We stayed in the Superior Queen with a balcony, yet it was still only 330 sqft. Only top floor rooms...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jacqlyn B
Dear J_Gulli239, Thank you for the review, and congratulations on your recent marriage! I was happy to see that you enjoyed the location and staff at Hotel Teatro, but I am sorry that your room was too small to enjoy. We do have several different room layouts, and from your description it does sound like you were in one of the smaller ones. If you're travelling to Denver any time in the foreseeable future, I hope you'll reconsider staying with us again. I would love an opportunity to make up for the small room, particularly when you were staying during such an important trip. If you would like to give Hotel Teatro another chance, please feel free to contact me directly to arrange your reservation.
Thank you! Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager, 720-889-2134
Camarillo, CA
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Their room key system is more complicated than it needs to be. I had to involve the hotel engineer to get my door open. The TV failed and bathroom lights were burnt out. All of these were fixed but they shouldn't happen. The hotel staff did apologize frequently. They gave me candy for the inconvenience but there was no financial adjustment.

There were several design flaws in the room. The bathroom towel rack was located in the shower. The towels get wet when taking a shower. The toilet was behind the bathroom door and was awkward to use.

Talking to other conference attendees at the same hotel, the rooms are inconsistent in size, some are a good size and some are a little better than a closet. I believe I had a smaller than average size.

I would not stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank camcain
Dear Camcain, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I sincerely apologize or the multiple problems you experienced, and I would appreciate an opportunity to discuss your stay with you directly. If you would be so kind, please contact me at jmurphy@hotelteatro.com, or by phone at 720-889-2134. Thank you, and I hope you hear from you soon.