Hotel Teatro
$115
  • Breakfast included
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
$171
$240
$115
  • Breakfast included
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$142
Hyatt.com
$470
$423
1,343 results
All reviewsthe studylarimer squarethe theater districtsoaking tubcar servicegreat boutiquecorner roomroom serviceturn down servicerain showerstreet noisefour seasonsbell staffmile radiuswithin milessmall roomconvention center
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I stayed at the Hotel Teatro during an overnight business trip in February 2014. Here are the Cliff’s Notes…

• Location: Fantastic. Very central in downtown Denver. Far from the airport, but what isn’t? Very nice mountain views from the eighth floor meeting space.

• Staff/Check-in/Check-out: Delightful, efficient, helpful, informative.

• Room: Lovely. Small but great use of space, high ceiling, nice desk area and couch/coffee table, mini-fridge & coffee maker, queen bed..

• Bathroom: Small but clean and modern. Just not a great shower.

• Shower: Disappointing. One of the top two criteria for a positive hotel stay. Water pressure wasn’t great and the hot water didn’t really happen until I was about to get out.

• Bed: comfortable, not too hard (normally the case in hotels), soft comfortable bedding.

• Room Service: Tasty. But typically small portions, high prices and high service charges. I recommend the gnocchi pasta. Service was prompt, friendly & polite. Tip: don’t order a cup of coffee – they will bring you a whole carafe and charge you $15.

• Recycling? Nope. It’s very rare, but I sure do appreciate a bin somewhere in the room where I can recycle paper and bottles, rather than just tossing them in the trash.

• Sleep quality: Poor. Unfortunately this is one of the two most important criteria (along with shower quality). The room was hot and the climate control system seemed not to work very well. There was quite a bit of noise from both the hallway (including elevator “ding”) and the street outside.

Overall, in spite of a middling impression in the two most important categories, I felt like the positives of this hotel pretty much balanced things out, and I would probably consider staying there again.

Room Tip: A room on the back (west) side may have mountain views and less street noise.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

YVR19,
We appreciate the thorough review of your recent stay! I'm sorry to see that we did not meet your expectations for that shower, or for sleep quality. As a traveler, I agree that those are the two most important aspects of a hotel stay, and I'm so disappointed that we let you down on those. I would appreciate speaking with you about this so I can make sure you get a quiet room with one of our better shower heads. Also, excellent suggestion about the recycle bins in the rooms! We should be offering that option in every one of our rooms.
Thank you again for the review! - Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager, 720-889-2134

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I have had the privilege of staying at many 5 star hotels, mostly Ritz Carlton and Four Seasons facilities. Hotel Teatro is every bit as nice. My room was comfortably and beautifully appointed. With solid wood doors and plaster walls, it was so quiet. I never heard another person on my floor. Excellent!

Mary_nd_Bill,
Thank you for the review! That's quiet a compliment to be compared to any Four Seasons or Ritz-Carlton you've stayed at, and I know that feedback like that means a lot to our staff. Being an independent property can make it tough to compete on that level, but it also gives our staff a unique sense of pride and ownership that seems to have shown through during your stay. Thank you again for taking the time to post a review!
Sincerely, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 19, 2014

I will preface this review with the fact that I am not somebody who typically stays at a high end hotel. Nor do I take the time to write reviews, good or bad. However, I felt compelled to this time simply because of the customer service I received. One gentleman in particular, Joseph, did what I believe was the very best to insure that our stay that did indeed start less than desirable was made to our satisfaction. Accountability and customer service are huge in my book and a bit of patience and kindness can go a long way on my behalf.
We checked in on Friday Feb. 14 for a two night stay. Yes there is construction nearby at the current time. There did seem to be a lot of traffic. Personally, I attributed this to being downtown, at rush hour, on a holiday weekend. When we pulled up, we were helped by valet almost immediately. I did find that there was no self parking on site but there is nearby. So if you wanted to save a few bucks you could. I am not sure it is worth it though. It is nice to know there was a complimentary car service available if needed. We checked in and things seemed fine but upon getting to the room found it not to be as described. I reserved a superior queen with the expectation of a mountain view and a soaking tub as promised. This was not that. Clearly, there needs to be some changes to the booking structure here.
So I went back to the desk to address this concern. I felt that the staff was willing to help but limited due to said booking structure and a full house. They offered consolation and the promise to address the next night stay in the morning. Fair enough. So I slept in a comfortable bed that night and enjoyed some tasty room service in the morning. The hotel is a building from the early 1900's built in the heart of downtown, so I found noise levels, decor, etc. to be par for the course. The room was pretty average as well so maybe a different pricepoint would make things more palatable.
What I was most impressed with was the customer service that I received the next day from Joseph. He personally insured that things were made right and we were more than satisfied with the arrangements that were made. We were moved to a room with a tub which was integral to the romantic plans I had. I felt our inconvenience was addressed appropriately and without a hard press on my behalf. He personally insured that the Valentine/ birthday plans I planned for my sweetheart happened. Which included a complimentary aromatherapy bath upon our return for the evening. His customer service and other consolation was more than satisfactory to me. So I am grateful. That being said I would consider a return visit and recommend this hotel objectively and based on my personal experience. If you stay here I hope you enjoy it too.

• Stayed: February 2014
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded March 2, 2014

Dear cjidefire,
Thank you for the review! I appreciate you recognizing Joseph by name, and I will certainly make sure he sees what you wrote!
Also, I'd like to apologize for your room not meeting your expectations. There are several different layouts within our superior room category, and we do our best to accommodate all request for rooms, but unfortunately we are not always able to do so. We have heard similar feedback from other guests recently, and so our reservations team is working on new room type descriptions to make it more clear that not all of these rooms have deep soaking tubs and mountain views.
I'm glad your experience overall was a positive one, and I hope we will see you again soon!
Thank you, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014

First time in Denver for a 2day conference. The Hotel Teatro was wonderful! Comfortable bed, wonderful waterfall shower, super quiet. I was on the 9th floor in a queen balcony room. Balcony access to view downtown Denver was exhilarating in the cool night air wrapped in one of their cozy, thick complimentary robes (with a glass of wine after a long day of work). 24 hour business center, free wifi, friendly and courteous staff. Walking distance to a huge variety of great restaurants. Great pizza and friendly staff (Kyle) try the Cafe Colour just down Larimer Street. There is a Starbucks close by as well. I felt very safe walking by myself to the 16th street mall area during the PM hours. No grocery store nearby, but closest store to walk to (besides Walgreens) is Cooks market. It offers a very nice fresh salad bar and other deli type goodies (desserts, salads) and a short walk from the Hotel Teatro (Cooks is on Glenarm Place..take a right out of the hotel and walk about 5 to 6blocks then turn left on Glenarm)..they have indoor and outdoor seating. Closest wine store.. Stop by the wine/liquor store on Champa and 16th street downstairs from Diegos restaurant. Rock bottom Brewery is really good too. Wanted to try Russells Smokehouse but didn`t have the time. Downtown Denver is very much a walking part of town.

Room Tip: 9th floor view is spectacular!

Dear Sandra H,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay! Denver is a very pedestrian friendly city, and our location downtown makes us a particularly convenient home base for some exploring. With so many great bars, restaurants, shops, sports venues, and other destinations within a few blocks of Hotel Teatro, we hope you'll be back for another trip soon!
Warm regards, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed February 18, 2014

We are checking-out this morning after a 2 day stay; we arrived late on Sunday evening so we were relieved and delighted by some of the best food ever from room service.

We were able to book this room at a discount using priceline and then needed to upgrade to allow enough room for our 2 children.

Location is excellent although I do agree with some of the other reviews about sound in the hotel: they are noticeable but if you are staying in a city you should expect some of these issues - none of which caused any major interruptions in our stay.

We ate at the signature restaurant last night and everything was wonderful, including most importantly the food and the service. Having dined with our 7 and 4 year old children (who were falling asleep), we could not have been more impressed!

Room Tip: room at end of hall (which we had) seemed to be better as we did not experience any all noise; I think a higher floor would also be better to avoid the street noise
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for the review, Kris K! I’ll pass along your compliments to the restaurant staff and make sure they know what a great job they did! I appreciate your understanding about there being some noise downtown, and I’m glad it was not enough to disrupt your stay. This is one unfortunate aspect of staying in a downtown hotel, and our options are very limited for replacing the windows due to our being in a historic building. Thank you again for the review and I hope you’ll stay with us again soon!
Warm regards, Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager