“Hotel Teatro - Great location, incredible service”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #20 of 157 Hotels in Denver
Baltimore, Maryland
“Hotel Teatro - Great location, incredible service”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 nights. The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. Always smiling, always friendly. They accommodated my early check-in request. The complimentary car service was priceless, couldn't ask for a more convenient way to get to the Broncos game. The location was central to everything. A block from Larimer Street and just a couple blocks from 16th street shopping and restaurants. It is definitely a boutique hotel. Our room was small but clean and comfortable, great shower. Charming hotel. I would stay there again.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (272)
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My fiance and I stayed at Hotel Teatro for a couple of nights in a superior king room for a weekend getaway recently; frankly we were a bit disappointed. First, the high points: -The valet service and service overall was excellent. We didn't avail ourselves of all of the service possibilities, but any interaction with the staff was good. They were polite and professional, especially the valet staff. -The room was very nicely appointed. We were in a room that was very oddly shaped, but I think that was just a bit of luck of the draw. It was small, however...the smallest room on that floor, actually. However, the linens were fine quality and the bathroom looked very nice. Now, the low: -The hot water tap handle and the shower tap handle both leaked when they were turned on. It didn't affect functionality, but it was disappointing to see something simple like that here. - The on demand TV system didn't work properly. Multiple times when turning on the TV, it would return a no signal message, and required me to turn it off and on multiple times to get it to work. We also tried to watch a movie, but it never worked. It allowed us to select the movie, but never played. The front desk took it off my bill in the morning, but it shouldn't have happened in the first place. - The bathroom was very dim, with a recessed light over the toilet that only intermittently worked, which made it even darker. Finally, some frustrations: -My fiance and I went to dinner on Sunday night over Labor Day weekend, and returned to the hotel at about 9:30-9:45pm. We wanted to have a nightcap prior to going upstairs, so thought we would stop by the hotel bar for a drink. It was closed, already. I understand that it was Sunday night, but that is still very early, especially in downtown Denver on a holiday weekend. -All the pillows on the bed were very soft...there weren't any firm options for pillows, so I ended up folding one in half to get comfortable. So, in review, I think the Hotel Teatro is a bit dated and tired. It feels like it's banking on it's old reputation as a luxury boutique hotel for pricing and to keep people coming to stay. It doesn't look like they're trying, frankly. I won't be staying there again...I will probably either go to Hotel Monaco or the Curtis next time.

Room Tip: Don't get room 603.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Downtown Denver is expensive at top hotels and Hotel Teatro, for the price, isn't the best value. Right across the street at the new Four Seasons - for a few more bucks - is an excellent hotel. Hotel Teatro is nice - the Four Seasons is nicer.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dillon, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I have always wanted to stay at the Hotel Teatro. We were coming to town for a show at the Comedy Works and on a whim found a room that morning for a good deal on a third party site. I am so glad we made a weekend of it, from the moment we pulled up to the moment we left every employee made sure we were taken care of. It had started to rain as we walked out the front door and they have umbrellas to loan or a car to take you to a nearby destination. Refrigerators in the room were also a plus as well as the location. You are right next door to the performing arts complex, two short blocks to the 16th street mall, Larimer Square or Comedy Works. As we were loading up our car to leave, Chris the front desk supervisor asked us how our stay was which led to a tour and history lesson of this property, what a fun way to end our stay. Want to say thank you to the staff at this hotel, it's the little things that make a big difference, we will be back for sure.

Room Tip: Corner king for the natural light
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Chuck N
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed September 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here so we could spend a couple days in Denver. We brought our dog with us as well. The hotel is small, but very quaint and lovely. Our room was on the 7th floor. We could hear the street traffic, however didn't find it loud at all. The bathroom was wonderful with the soaker tub and separate shower. Bed was a little harder than I like, but I didn't notice after a couple minutes and slept great! Our dog was offered some amenities as well, but we declined. It was a bit of a walk to take the dog out just to go to the bathroom. The bellman offered to take her for us. We needed the walk ourselves so we took her. We had dinner one night in the Italian restaurant and wasn't that impressed. Service was amateur, food was just ok. Courtesy vehicle was great!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Sandy, Utah
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was upgraded to a King room through Expedia Elite so this may affect my review but everything about this hotel was great. The stone-tiled bathroom, robes, bed etc were truly excellent and the proximity to theater cannot be surpassed. Valet parking very courteous and although I still baulk at the $29 fee, all hotels in Denver are essentially the same so I suck it up! Check in very professional and overall I just liked the hotel so will be back.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Palmyra, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 2, 2013

As first time visitors to Denver, we wanted to choose a location that would fit. We were not disappointed when we arrived at the Hotel Teatro. We received a great deal on this boutique hotel and from the moment we walked in we felt we were treated with the highest respect. Every employee, from the front desk to the bellmen, made us feel like family. Some reviews mention the noise during the evening. If you are the type that needs to sleep with some "white noise" I would recommend bringing a fan. We, however, enjoyed the sounds of the city coming from below.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple