“Excellent Boutique Hotel in Denver”
Review of Hotel Teatro

Hotel Teatro
Ranked #31 of 161 Hotels in Denver
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Hotel Teatro is an excellent option if you're staying in the Denver area. I have business in nearby Lakewood, but I always stay downtown, and the Teatro has been my choice on the last 3 trips to Denver. Service and amenities are excellent, the staff is knowledgeable and friendly, putting the facility on the 'premier' level. Rooms are modern and well-equipped, highspeed wireless internet is complimentary, and bathrooms are excellent - spacious, with soaking showerheads and top notch toiletries. There is an award-winning fine dining option -Restaurant Kevin Taylor - as well as a less-fancy alternative, Prima Ristorante, which doubles as the breakfast restaurant. (Breakfasts are excellent, also.) Hotel Teatro is located in the heart of LoDo (Lower Downtown), 1 1/2 blocks from restaurant row (Larimer Square), with numberous dining choices. The Hotel Teatro isn't for the budgetminded. It's pricey, but worth it!!

Room Tip: I prefer a street-front room, but lower floor rooms do get a bit of traffic noise at busy times.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MorayJohnny
Write a ReviewReviews (1,304)

Reviewed August 23, 2013

I just was missing a breakfest buffet. Clean rooms - friendly staff - there should be a posibility to sit down in front of the hotel -close to the entrance. I also would liketo get an airportshuttle direkt from the hotel and operated by the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed August 19, 2013

So, we traveled to Denver to see the Cubs play the Rockies (they won! Sorry home team...) and we stayed at the Hotel Teatro. We got a great deal through Hotwire, and were only staying the night. Upon our arrival the clerk checking us in looked up my name and looked...concerned. He went to get the manager who told us that the hotel was overbooked and would we mind staying in half the Presidential suite? After checking it out, we went for it. We had to sleep on a sofa bed, but it was TOTALLY worth it for the deep soaking tub! Also, staying in a room with a living room, fireplace, Entertainment Center, and conference table with seating for 14, is...a trip!

Overall the staff was just delightful. The room service was abysmal. Don't do it! It was very expensive, stale sandwich fare. The breakfast we were given the next day (for free) was satisfactory but uninspired.

In short, if you get the chance to stay in the Presidential Suite (or half of it), the deep soaking tub is worth it, and the staff are attentive and knowledgable. I would stay again, but I'd eat elsewhere.

Room Tip: Hard to go wrong!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was not within my original budget or plans for a business trip, but if they are within yours, absolutely stay here. I arrived late at night on a delayed flight, to a hotel that had no record of my travel agents' reservation! I had two options of hotels that had any rooms left at all. Fortunately Hotel Teatro had one room left. They sent a car over to pick me up, they changed over my room to non-allergenic bedding, all after 11PM, when the housekeeping staff had left for the night. It was only one night, but the rooms were luxurious, and the staff could not do enough for you. At this hotel, you do get what you pay for, a superior experience.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Positives:
Location: as others have mentioned, less than 5 minute walk to Larimer Square. Close to 16th street pedestrian mall. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance.
Service: We stayed with our three dogs. Never had a problem in a hotel room with our dogs before but while we were out to dinner, the dogs were barking. The hotel staff called us and helped us take care of the situation. Chris at the front desk was very kind and accomodating. The staff watched our dogs in the back office for us while we finished our meal. The staff had also placed dog bowls, water, treats, etc for our dogs in the room before we arrived.
Negatives:
The room and the NOISE: I had requested a quiet room away from the elevators. Our room location was anything but quiet and it's partly my fault for not immediately requesting a room change. We were closest room to the elevators (and your will hear the ding all day/night long). We were awoken at 2:30 in the morning to loud, presumably drunk, people carrying on in the hallway (the room walls block little to no hallway noise). And we heard street noise off and on all night long (from the 7th floor). I slept a total of about two hours that night because of the noise. We finally gave up at 5am, got up and ready, and checked out of the hotel.
We appreciate the service, especially Chris, and apologize for our dogs' contribution to the noise. But the bottom line is this was the noisiest night we have ever spent in a hotel room, our original request for a quiet room away from the elevators was ignored, and we will therefore not return to this hotel on future trips to Denver.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 16, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Teatro for my 5 year wedding anniversary. Great choice for a romantic weekend. Two amazing restaurants, helpful staff, and the concierge was able to find us great tickets to the Amaluna show. Chris, one of the managers, did a fantastic job making this a memorable weekend.

Room Tip: 9th floor is the way to go...we were room 904 which is a corner unit with a balcony
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

Overall we really enjoyed our stay. The level of service was very high, and the staff was very friendly. I have stayed in many nice hotels, but staying at Hotel Teatro was a bit like stepping back in time in a very good sort of way. Our room, a petite queen, was tiny (even a bit smaller than what I've come to expect in New York City) but it was nicely finished and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The gym was tiny, with no room for weight machines, and it would have felt crowded with 3 people in it, but how many people choose a hotel for the gym? What stood out the most, though, was the friendliness and the level of service. It was top notch--always someone to open the door for you, afternoon turn-down service for the room, a willing friendly face to bring ice or anything else you need. I burned through several dollars a day in tips, but that comes with the territory of a high-end boutique hotel, and in my opinion is just part of the experience of choosing a place like Hotel Teatro over a chain hotel. Overall, it was a great experience!

• Stayed: August 2013