Hotel Teatro
$234
$178
Kimpton
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Denver(Denver)(Great Value!)
$171
  • Pool
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$144
$359
  • Room Service
$423
1,341 results
All reviewsthe studylarimer squarethe theater districtsoaking tubcar servicegreat boutiquecorner roomroom serviceturn down servicerain showerstreet noisefour seasonsbell staffmile radiuswithin milessmall roomconvention center
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Communication from concierge ahead of the curve was impressive; very helpful considering it made me recongize I needed to adjust my stay by a day (and it was no problem, quickly addressed). Pat at the desk was amazing, incredibly helpful and polite; the rest of the staff were great too including the guys out front-not a rude one in the bunch. Loved the bathroom layout, soak tub or rain head shower nice opts. Great location, short walk to Opera House where event was held. I have no doubt where I'll stay when I return to Denver!

Sher P

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I'm a Denverite...live 10 minutes away from Hotel Teatro. Why stay there? Found a good deal, I've walked by there numerous times, and wanted to see it.
It has a nice, historic feel, though the hotel is relatively young.
Great access to the DCPA (literally next door) and all the hot spots of LoDo.
We stayed in a standard queen. Comfy enough and loved the shower.
Would have loved a little more 'funky' or 'chic' in the room but it did have a cool digital room key.
The staff was great...extremely courteous and quick to lend a hand, if necessary. Any out-of-towners will have an easier time staying there as the staff is great with directions and even have a car for close travel.
It is a cool hotel and glad we stayed...would love to explore more rooms at some point.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank biztraveler1972
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The entire room measured 14' x 18' with 50% dedicated to the bathroom, closet and connecting hallway. That left an area for the queen sized bed with a three foot "isle way" on either side and six feet of space at the foot of the bed before hitting the desk and cabinet holding the TV. Additionally, my room was sandwiched between two elevators! ... So one can imagine the downfall there. Not sure why I was assigned this room when others were vacant but that was (I believe) a poor decision by the front desk.

Despite the tiny room and the elevator noise and foot traffic in the hallway, I was impressed with the comfort of the bed, large bath sheets/towels, and amenities that included free transportation within a two mile area (first come, first served). The valet car park was $29 per night.

On a returning trip I will likely stay in a five star hotel that is nearby with quieter and more spacious rooms for a similar price.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
TeatroRoomsDirector, Manager at Hotel Teatro, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear wbladesr,
Thank you for your review! I appreciate that you took the time to share your experience, though I am disappointed that you would prefer to stay somewhere else during your next visit to Denver.
From your description it sounds like you were in one of our smaller room types and I apologize for the inconvenience that caused you. While we are very proud of the rich history of our building, it was not built with a hotel in mind, and so we do have a few rooms that are smaller than what an experience traveler might expect in a hotel of our caliber. The majority of our rooms are more spacious than the room you stayed in and I hope you will consider giving us another chance to show what we at Hotel Teatro are capable of!
When availability allows, we do generally upgrade all of our guests to one of our larger room types, but it sounds like we failed to do so in your case. For that, I sincerely apologize.
If you do choose to give us another chance, please feel free to contact me directly to oversee your reservation so that I may personally select your room.
Jordan Murphy, Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Just home from another weekend visit to this great hotel that is the ideal location when attending events at the Denver Performing Arts Center -- only a few minutes walk away. Service is always excellent, but we were particularly impressed when we received an email from the concierge several weeks before our arrival alerting us to the fact that our stay fell in the middle of 5280 Restaurant Week. He advised us to get restaurant reservations well in advance because this event is so popular -- in fact, such a success that it has been extended to two weeks -- and offered help if we needed it. We were very glad we heeded his advice because virtually all restaurants were totally book if you waited until this weekend to try to get in.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bob and Carole H
Reviewed March 2, 2013

We had an extended stay over Valentine's day and loved every day of it. The hotel has a great downtown location within walking distance of pretty much all Downtown Denver and the 16th st. mall. We traveled with our pet, and they were very accommodating. The staff at Hotel Teatro were impressive - I've stayed at hotels all over the world, including some quite ritzy places and Hotel Teatro is up there in terms of service. Everyone I encountered was incredibly polite, accommodating and, I felt, went out of their way to make sure our stay was the best we could have. Concierge service was great, and the staff helped me figure out some vacation details and their recommendations on places to visit were very helpful. Room-service-dining was very fast - very little wait any of the times we ordered food (food itself would go into a separate review).

I didn't use their driving service, but did use the valet for the entire stay. It was pricey, but if you plan on renting a car and driving around, it's very convenient and they are pretty quick with the car (just call ahead 10-15 minutes since they use a garage that's close by).

My only 'complaint' is that because the hotel is in a very old, renovated building, the layouts of each class of room are not consistent. We moved rooms once during our stay and so by chance ended up seeing three different rooms. Our original room, a queen, was actually larger and more nicely laid-out compared to one of the king rooms. The other king room (which they were able to transfer us into) was huge.

Overall, a great hotel in a great location and I'd definitely recommend for any type of visit.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view. Rooms facing the mountains sort-of have a view of the Rockies, but you're also overlooking some ugly buildings. The view of downtown (facing the Four Seasons) is pretty good. Also, ask the hotel staff which rooms they recommend - the hotel is in a very old building and not all rooms of the same class are equivalent. We stayed in a Queen room that was bigger than one of their King rooms. Queens ending in 07 would have a similar layout, and kings ending in 13 would be the better king room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple