1,576 results
All reviews wine hour panzano restaurant happy hour street mall complimentary wine mini bar attached restaurant valet staff king bed valet parking coors field larimer square heart of downtown upon check union station convention center goldfish
Reviewed July 30, 2007

I loved the Monaco. I had a corner room that was HUGE. Did I say huge, comfortable and very tastefully decorated. The food was good. The staff remembered my name and made me feel like I was welcome. Great location and rate.

During checkin there was a great bit of noise down the street. We heard a woman screaming and while I was still startled the valet team jumped to her aid. Turns out her dog was fighting with another dog and all were ok but a bit shaken.

I think this reflects the type of people the Monaco has hired as they seem to care. An attribute which can lost so much these days.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2007

The Monaco hotel is converted from a couple of old buildings. That makes it very solid and we gradually realised that we couldn't - as you so often can in hotels - hear people in adjacent rooms. That gives it an air of peace. Also , the beds are very comfortable and we slept very well.

The room we had for our first stay was not large and looked over the back of the hotel. It might be good to avoid that view for the next few months because a large scale demolition is taking place. We could not hear anything from the site but it was hardly the most inspiring of views. When we stayed for one extra night at the end of the holiday we were upgraded and not only was the room particularly nice but the view from the side was better.

The desk staff were excellent and the valet parking worked well.

The attached restaurant (Panzano) has a very different style from the hotel itself but, like the hotel, is of high quality. Particularly delightful was to come into the restaurant in the morning and find them kneeding and baking the day's bread.

The hotel is very well situated, only one block from the 16th street mall and easy to get to by road (so long as you've worked out the one way system). I've only stayed in one other hotel in Denver. This beat it into a cocked hat. I can see no reason in its (very reasonable) price range to stay anywhere else.

Date of stay: June 2007
Reviewed July 6, 2007

My husband and i and our two Shelties stayed at the Hotel Monaco Denver and we all had a fabulous time. The "girls" were welcomed with
a gift bag with a dog bone and a Mutt Mitt each, and they were permitted on the restaurant's outside seating area for breakfast. They were petted by almost every employee they came across and they enjoyed being with us for the evening wine reception (where they met a Boxer). We ordered room service the first night as it was in the mid-90s outside and the food at the Italian restaurant on site is first rate. I had the sea bass and the honey flan and my husband had the chicken piccatta and the tiramisu. Both meals were delicious. The animal print robes are cozy, and the L'Occitane bath amenities divine. I also enjoy the reading material in all Hotel Monacos and the yoga tv station. We are so glad we stayed here and we would strongly recommend it to anyone with pets.

Reviewed July 4, 2007

Truly a unique hotel....friendly, helpful staff from the valet, to front desk, to concierge...Loved the cocktail hour...and coffee in the am...Definitely would stay here again! Great location...block away from 16th st mall...only a few blocks from Coors field...walking distance...

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed July 3, 2007

The Monaco was great. It has got the feel of a boutique hotel, with all the luxuries of a large brand. The front desk & concierge could not have been more helpful. I especially appreciated all the help of the concierge, who took care of several things for me, as I came in from out of town. The room was a bit small, and didn't have the best view, but it did have a nice tv & stereo, as well as free wired/wireless internet. The cleaning staff came every day as soon as we walked out. The lobby was great, with free wine tastings at night. The hotel is just one block from the 16th street mall, and so close to everything else. Got here very quick from the airport, never had a problem getting a taxi, and was able to walk to just about everything. We booked on the monaco website, and if you click on the hot dates / great rates section, you get a great deal. It is non-refundable, but we were sure of our date, and got our room for a steal. Overall, I am thrilled we stayed here, it was so much nicer than a large Hyatt or Hilton. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: June 2007