Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
$93
Renaissance Hotels
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Express Denver Airport(Denver)(Great Value!)
$102
Hyatt Place Denver/Cherry Creek(Denver)(Great Value!)
$101
$94
Hyatt Regency Denver Tech Center(Denver)(Great Value!)
$119
  • Pool
$170
Hotel Teatro(Denver)
$143
Hotels.com
1,499 results
All reviewswine hourpanzano restaurantmonte carlo suitehappy hourstreet mallyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary winemini barattached restaurantvalet staffking bedvalet parkinglarimer squarethe location is perfectcoors fieldheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 29, 2010

The Monaco is located in a renovated historic building, and they have maintained the high ceilings, grand lobby and facade. Funky, hip decor, Our room was very quiet although it overlooked Champa St (we were on the 7th floor) with a good-sized bathroom, plenty of room at the desk for work, and a chaise lounge. Robes are thick & comfy. There is a MP3 player docking station, as well as a CDplayer. Very comfy bed, and soft sheets. towels a little tatty. The only amenity I missed was a coffee-maker, although there is complimentary tea & coffee (good coffee & a great selcetion of teas in the lobby each morning.)

I appreciated the wine reception each evening, and the package we booked included a welcome bottle of wine, also (actually decent wine rather than plonk.) Since I am a member of their loyalty program, WiFi was free (worth joining just for that.) Also, you can specify a choice of newspaper.

I had e-mailed a request for a quiet room away from elevators (I'm a light sleeper) which was well accomodated. It was our anniversary, and bottle of bubbly with cookies and a balloon were waiting in our room--nice touch. We arrived late and hungry (plane delay) and the front desk called around to help us find an open rest for soup & salad. front desk was very helpful, and the employees seemed empowered to actually make decisions and take action.

We had a business dinner in their wine cellar which was not as good as the hotel experience. For $125/each, i was disappointed in the watery, tasteless pasta and mediocre (and scant) appetizers. Service was also a little scant. Very different than the Front Desk team!

Location is close to many resto's, 1 block from the free shuttle on the 16th St Mall, and within walking distance of Coors Field. Can't be beat.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank lisa222
Reviewed April 27, 2010

I recently stayed at the Hotel Monaco for one night and can honestly say I have never felt so completely taken care of at a hotel. I was really not having good day when I checked in and as soon as the staff picked up on that they really went out of their way to take care of me. I was happy just to have nice , clean and quite room to relax in. What I didn't expect was the level of attentiveness provided and effort to go the extra mile just to help make my day a better one! The service was beyond excellent- it was very caring!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank brenda2010
Reviewed April 19, 2010

We had only 1 day to choose a hotel to stay at while in Denver as we flew in from Southern California for a funeral. I spent quite some time on Trip Advisor reading reviews and ratings and although we knew we wouldn't spend much time in our room, I am an exceptionaly picky person and demand an environmentally friendly, non-smoking environment and cleanliness above anything. We decided on the Hotel Monaco, we being my husband and I along with our 16 and 9 year old daughters.

We were more than impressed from the moment we arrived being greeted at the curb. We had an early flight and arrived at the hotel 5 hours before check in. They were more than accommodating and gave us a room right away. When we walked into our room, it was lovely, smelled clean and most of all was clean. We spent two nights there and with a couple of hmmm...complaint?......we unanimously agreed we would stay there again and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Denver.

The complaint, for lack of a better word, the windows in the room don't open, even a crack. Because the bathrooms do not have ventilation fans....well use your imagination. As a family it was fine, we just laughed at the not so pleasant odors after morning use...LOL...but if you were travelling with say another couple sharing a room, it may be a bit uncomfortable getting through the morning routine.

If you are a AAA member, I highly suggest checking out the Hotal Monaco website for the AAA deal. We arrived Friday and stayed through Sunday. Our room rate for 2 queen beds was $148.00 but with the AAA rate we received 4 complimentary continental breakfast coupons worth $44.00 (the hotel even pays the waiter a tip!), free valet parking both nights ($56.00 value) and a $25.00 Shell gas card. Great deal!!! One glitch...we booked online and when we arrived they didn't offer up the "freebies" until I asked and told me I booked the wrong package deal. I quickly told them there was only one AAA deal online and there was no way I booked wrong. No argument, they gave me everything but maybe book over the phone after you see the package and get a confirmation email with all the goodies listed out.

Otherwise, great hotel, awesome location and I give it 2 thumbs up and 4 stars!!!! Oh and great coffee in the morning!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Ken-Marilyn
Reviewed April 11, 2010

We booked a 1 night stay at the Hotel Monaco for our anniversary, and we weren't impressed. We drove to the hotel and were frustrated right away with trying to find parking while trying to negotiate the one-way streets in downtown Denver. We called the front desk and they suggested either valet parking (which costs $28) or use of a covered parking lot next door, which only cost $8. Of course we chose the lot next door, and later realized that it was primarily meant for Residence Inn guests, although they said it was public. We ended up hauling our suitcases around through the Residence Inn elevators to get to the parking garage, and hoped to encounter a hotel guest who could use their card key to let us out. Very frustrating! We ate dinner and breakfast at Panzano, which was delicious, but very expensive. We tried watching TV and needed remote controls replaced because they didn't work, and additional bath towels (there were 2 towels for the 4 of us). We couldn't figure out if there was a communication problem with the service staff, or if they were just rude, but they seemed irritated by our requests. We used the fitness room on the 2nd floor, and there was an awful smell from the carpet (almost like sewage), which was being aired out. We reserved a Monte Carlo suite, which was nice and spacious, but our bed was right next to Champa St. which was pretty noisy at night. The sheets seemed too starchy, and almost had a crunchy feel. We were expecting a little more in our room, considering the price - an in-room coffee maker would have been nice. They did have snacks, drinks, a robe and even lounge wear in the room available for purchase at an exorbitant price. The location is good if you wanted to be near the 16th Street Mall, Colorado Convention Center, and other Denver attractions. We definitely expected more for our special occasion, and next time we will stay at the Residence Inn next door.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank KikoSadie
Reviewed April 5, 2010

Firstly we like Kimpton hotels...well they take dogs, not that we always travel with one but a dog in reception seems to be a civilised thing. The Monaco was in a good location and despite what other reviewers have said $28.00 to come and go with your car as a valet parking charge was VERY reasonable.

Our bed was very comfortable and QUIET as we were at the back of the hotel. The one breakfast we had on the property was excellent and the post it note offering free juices/coffee on the bathroom mirror worked!

Our dog remained at home, and the free wifi for loyalty members worked well. We even got a $10.00 mini bar credit....How civilised!!!!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business