“BEST Hotel Experience Ever!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #20 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

Let me preface this with...I have stayed at numerous 5 Star hotels around the globe & I can honestly say that my stay at the Hotel Monaco in Denver was one of my best hotel experiences ever! It is truly hip, chic, yet very elegant. The staff is hands down THE BEST staff I've ever encountered...from the valets to General Manager. They are very friendly, personable, eager to please, efficient, & prompt with everything from room service to bellhop request. They are pet friendly too! That is why I chose this hotel (many will accept dogs but not cats)...I was staying at the hotel while the moving van was enroute from ATL to Denver, so I had my kitty with me, since I'm moving to Denver. As I was leaving, kitty got under the bed & the bellman that came to get my bags, got a crutch & helped me get Queenie out from under the bed. He was great about it!

When I arrived at the hotel the valet was very friendly & quick to get my bags. Check in was swift & smooth...I was given a $10 credt for the minibar, since I joined the Kimpton Hotel members. The lobby is beautiful...it's a cross between art-deco & elegant drawing room with a cozy fireplace, comfy chairs, even chaise de lounges...it's a very cozy livingroom feel. It was crowded with guests for Wine Hour, every day between 5-6...with delectable appetizers prepared by the chef in the award winning restaurant, Panzano. The room service is from Panzano too...they even have a special Late Night menu...which is great bc room service lasts much later than most hotels. I ordered room service several times & it was delicious, not your usual fare, this was unique & delectable cuisine. It was always swiftly delivered by the most pleasant & personable (always calling me by name & making pleasant conversation). The Zebra print hotel robes are the best! People wear them down to the lobby in the AM to get free coffee/tea! I was told that many will wear them to the Wine Hour & will be gifted with a bottle of wine! They also have new yoga mats in your closet! The rooms are large & beautiful...bed was super comfy & room/bath clean. The staff though is what makes the experience so fabulous! I did NOT want to leave! I even extended my stay 3 nights. The downtown location is perfect! Near everything! Within walking to everything...one block from the 16th Street Mall (shopping & restaurants).
I've heard from friends that all the Kimpton Hotels are outstanding...Hotel Monaco is the first one I've stayed at & I can assure you, whenever I travel, I will seek out a Kimpton Hotel!!! AWESOME!!!!

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank SassyCat81
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2014

Dear SassyCat81,

We are so glad that you stayed with us, on route to moving to Denver! And welcome to the Mile High City! You will love it here. If you ever need a stay-cation, we look forward to welcoming you and your kitty back! Thanks for the great review... we are so glad you enjoyed it here!

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Monaco twice in the last two months. The first was for Valentine's Day, the second for my birthday. Both visits were outstanding! From the staff at check in to the staff servicing our room, we could not be more pleased.

They went out of their way to make sure each of our visits was memorable. We appreciated the attention to detail and the amenities of the room.

We would also highly recommend the Happy Hour at Panzanos. Again, fantastic staff and the Happy Hour prices were awesome! So much awesome food and the service was stellar.

Room Tip: This is a boutique hotel, no cookie-cutter rooms here!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rockchalker92
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2014

Dear rockchalker92,

Thanks so much for your great review! We are so lucky to have had you guys here twice in the last 2 months!!! Whoo-hoo!! We look forward to welcoming you back for your next celebration!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

After a much less than stellar stay at another, famous LODO hotel, we decided to move to the Monaco. WOW. The staff was on point and made sure that we not only had our needs met, but that we felt as if we were surrounded by family. We had a goldfish in our room and really comfortable accommodations. I did ask for a coffee machine as I am unable to even walk to the shower without caffeine. It was brought, with the goldfish, by the friendly housekeeping supervisor. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. From management and desk staff, who also serve as excellent concierge, to housekeeping the staff maintains a five star, yet genuine, level of service for the guest. It's definitely in the culture there. We'll be back!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2014

Hello PTBoat67,

Wow! Thanks for the awesome review! I will be sure to share with our entire team here. We loved having you here and look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed April 18, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night and felt very welcome. The staff was very helpful, there was a free wine degustation when we arrived and also 5 min back massage which was excellent after skiing for 5 days! The room was clean and large, bed was very comfy, had a lovely night sleep. Bathroom was large, whirlpool bath and large shower. It would need a bit of updating for the bathroom but overall excellent stay and the hotel is close to the main shopping street too as well as the river where you can take a walk.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear babybear78,

We are so glad you got to enjoy well-deserved massages after 5 days of skiing! Phew... you came to the right place! We can't wait to see you again. Thanks for the great review!

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at this hotel. First time for business and chose to stay here on a personal trip even though I probably could have found a less expensive option. Friendly staff, great rooms, good location. Usually have good experience with Kimpton hotels. This one is no exception.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Milliemaybug,

Thanks for your review! We look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit soon!

Reviewed April 16, 2014

When our flight was cancelled and we had to stay in Denver, I chose the Hotel Monaco, having stayed at Kimpton Hotels in Chicago before. We were not disappointed. The hotel is centrally located, very chic and rooms that are spacious and comfortable. Front desk staff is right on with check in and the wine hour is great. This location has a really cool lobby area and is good for relaxing and meeting other guests. I guess the only downside for me is pets in the lobby area during the wine hour. A couple had 2 dogs with them and one of them was growling and barking as guests arrived. This was a bit unnerving and made me a bit uncomfortable. Perhaps they should have taken the dogs back to their room as it was clear the larger dog was a bit jumpy.

That being said, I would stay again. The restaurant was really good, lively and had wonderful food. The host was fun, the waiter very knowledgeable and the mushroom risotto was out of this world. I can see why it is rated to high. Definitely a choice spot.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank outdoorgirlnj7

Hello outdoorgirlnj7,

We are so glad you got to spend the night with us, even if by accident! Thanks for your awesome review. I, too, LOVE the risotto! Best ever! We can't wait to have you back in Denver.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 16, 2014

Recently stayed at the Monaco as our wedding anniversary stay-cation. Overall we were really pleased we chose the Monaco. The price was good for a suite, and from the moment we stepped out the cab outside we were made to feel like valued guests.

The check-in was painless and very quick (we were early and were able to check-in at noon as the room was ready.) The hotel itself is quirky and boutique, but clean and well presented.

We had booked the romance package special off the website, ans when we went out for lunch, we came back to rose petals leading through our suite and a small bottle of prosecco on ice, which was really lovely and made us feel very special (one complaint though - we never got the truffles/chocs that are promised...what happened to them?!)

At 5-6pm everyday they host wine hour in the lobby, which is free, and they even have canapes, a Wii to play on, and massages. Bit random, but nice touch.

All in all we'd def stay again, and it really felt like we'd had a holiday staying at the Monaco - thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Katieflossom,

Thanks for the great review! We are so sorry that the chocolates never made it to your room. We attempted to delivery several times but wanted to respect your privacy request of Do Not Disturb. We hope that you come back for your anniversary next year (or sooner as a stay-cation). We will have chocolates ready and waiting for you!