“A fun whimsical hotel close to downtown Denver”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #20 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 30, 2014

We live in Colorado Springs but like to treat ourselves to an overnight getaway at Hotel Monaco. Our last visit was for my birthday, and my husband surprised me with a suite! We loved the fun decor and comfortable room! We enjoyed the complimentary wine & excellent appetizers in the lobby before an exquisite dinner at Panzano's! A comfortable upscale Italian restaurant connected to Hotel Monaco. It truly is a gourmets delight! No trip to Denver would be complete without dining at Panzano's!!!! Hotel Monaco is in an ideal location in downtown Denver, on the corner of 17th and Champa, making it very easy to get around. The hotel staff are all very friendly and go out of their way to make your stay a special one!

Room Tip: Treat yourself to a suite! The two room suites are very spacious and comfortable, with a fun whimsi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cindy K
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Cindy K,

Thanks so much for the great review! I'm happy to hear that your birthday celebration was a whimsical success! I totally agree with you when it comes to Panzano, too, it is pretty tasty.

I hope to see you soon for another staycation celebration!

Best,
Lauren Cox

Reviewed March 26, 2014

My stay here was perfect. The place was beautifully decorated. The front desk was very professional. I love the location, it's easy to get any place downtown. I didn't bring my dogs for this stay but I would definitely feel comfortable to do it next time. The food at the restaurant was amazing. I loved the bed & pillows here. Definitely a place I will stay at again.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Dear Yolanda K,

I'm so happy to hear that your stay with us went swimmingly! Hopefully next time you can bring your dogs to hang out with us too!

Hope to see you soon!
Lauren Cox

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I only stay at Kimpton hotels when possible. I always stay at the two Philadelphia hotels. They really go the extra mile not only to make you feel welcome, but to give you that boutique experience. Coming back next week to stay again in Denver. Can't wait!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Hi Kevin OD O,

Wow! What a compliment! We are so glad that you stay at Kimptons whenever you can! Great news... We have tons more Kimpton properties in the works, so you will have even more choices among your travels now of which ones to stay at.

We look forward to your visit next week!

Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed at the Hotel Monaco as part of a business meeting, and it was very nice! As typical for the Monaco, it is a little eclectic, but it was very nice! The rooms were roomy and very comfortable. The staff were very attentive and really made you feel welcome. If you're in downtown Denver, I'd highly recommend it!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Hello mlowder500,

Thanks for taking the time to write us a great review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. See you again!

Reviewed March 21, 2014

This is a service oriented hotel. It starts before you get in the door. The Valet is there to take care of your vehicle, The Doorman is there to hold the door, The Concierge David was extremely helpful, The Front Desk staff went out of their way to upgrade me as a Kimpton in touch member, Housekeeping was also very good asked for extra towels no problem, Free wine and snacks in the evening, And one of the top rated restaurants in Denver Panzano. The hotel has free bikes for guests which we did not need because this hotel has a great location. You walk one block to 16th and catch the free bus. The only thing I could find to complain about was the Lounge. I stopped one night about 10pm the place was full and the bartender said they were closing. thought he could have offered me a drink to take to the room.

Room Tip: Corner suites higher floors are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2014

Hi leeMorrisIllinois,

Grazie grazie! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay. I will be sure to share your kind words with Dave, our Front Desk & Housekeeping teams! We look forward to seeing you again!

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Hands down the best hotel I've stayed in, and they are pet friendly! We got free wine every night in the lobby with yummy appetizers! If we ever needed anything the hotel staff had it covered. It was an awesome location and they have free bike rentals so you can cruse around Denver. Honestly the best customer service experience I have EVER had.

Room Tip: I don't think there could have been a bad room.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank leslie c
deaconm82, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2014

Hi Leslie C,

We are so excited that you and your girlfriend's had a fabulous weekend here! The Kimpton Bikes miss you gals already, so come back to explore more of Denver again! We look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

From the wonderfully warm reception, to the comfortable....large....and beautiful guest room, this KIMPTON ROCKS!

The lobby is warm and wonderful, and right now....i dont want to leave my room (404). I am just too comfy here.

I am growing to love Kimpton Hotels, but some just really go above and beyond. The Denver Monaco is one of those hotels.

After checking in, i left the room for a bit and returned to find a goldfish had been delivered to my room to keep my company. Cute touch.

As an In Touch member, an amenity was delivered to my room that was INCREDIBLE! The drinks i requested were there, and so much more. Its a beautiful presentation, and probably the nicest such amenity i have ever received from any other Kimpton, Hyatt, Marriott or other.

THANK YOU, HOTEL MONACO! You made a rather boring weekend business trip more comfortable than i expected. I will definitely be back!

Room Tip: This whole hotel appears to be pretty fantastic! My room (404) is a corner suite, and it is BEAUTIF...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Hi JamesE339!

We LOVE Inner Circle guests like you, that make OUR experience so great! Thanks for staying with us an checking out our Denver property! See you again soon!