Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
  • Room Service
  • Breakfast included
  • Room Service
1,499 results
All reviewswine hourpanzano restaurantmonte carlo suitehappy hourstreet mallyoga matwine receptioncomplimentary winemini barattached restaurantvalet staffking bedvalet parkinglarimer squarethe location is perfectcoors fieldheart of downtown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been staying at the Monaco off and on over the years. It is always absolutely impeccable. The staff does everything to make you feel special, including the perks of Kimpton members (The New York Times in the morning, for example, the wine hour, etc.). It is very well located, a block away from the 16th Street Mall and many restaurants, including the excellent Panzano downstairs. This is by far our favorite hotel in Denver and we strongly recommend it.

Room Tip: Go have dinner or brunch at Panzano downstairs. It is outstanding.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a great review. We love hearing from our loyal guests! We are always hear to make our guests feel special!

We are also so happy you were able to enjoy Panzano, our award-winning restaurant. Isn't it so tasty?

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently spent 2 nights in December. It had been many years since I've stayed but never disappoints. The rooms are well appointed. We were provided with a spacious corner room on the 3rd floor. The attention to detail is great and fun to see. We naturally went downstairs for the complimentary happy hour, in addition to red and white wine offerings they had a mulled wine that was very good. The best was the cocoa they provided along with the coffee service was outstanding. A nice touch was complimentary 5 minute chair massages during happy hour. The gentleman providing them from the spa was gracious and VERY talented. If we had more time I would have easily booked an appointment. I was disappointed I didn't win the trivia though curious who did as when we left only 3 entrants (Grand Mesa) I believe was the correct answer. None the less a great experience provided and the staff more than accommodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Always as for a corner room.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

We're so happy to hear you have a great time with us at Hotel Monaco Denver. We really love hearing such great feedback,

Don't forget to check out our wine hour each time you stay with us. We host it every night from 5 PM - 6 PM with those complimentary red and wines as well as 5 minute neck and back massage. We're glad you were able to partake in that during your stay.

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are in the Denver area.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were traveling with kids and needed two rooms. Reservations got us great rates. Minor problems... toilet in one room was broken and fire alarm went off as i was putting kids to bed. I guess because i was so happy with service and accommodations, These issues didn't bother me as much as they normally would. Hotel was clean, descent location and provided great service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are truly sorry for the mishaps that occurred during your stay, but we hope you'll give us another chance to wow you!

I'm glad you were able to secure a great rate for your stay with us, and enjoy your time.

We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed January 4, 2013

The Hotel Monaco is one of the nicest, warmest and friendliest hotels I've ever used. Located in the heart of Denver, it is convenient for the famous 16th Street Pedestrian Mall and everything Denver has to offer. The hotel decor is western and warm, and they ever put goldfish bowls in guest rooms. I have stayed here dozens of times, and I recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill G
Guest_Services_Mngr, Assistant Guest Services Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Its so nice to hear that you had a great time with us! We love to hear feedback from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to share.

We're glad you were able to take advantage of our "Guppy Love" program. Anytime you stay with us, we would be more than happy to provide a pet goldfish for your stay.

The next time your travels bring you from Maine (that's where I am from!) to Denver, we hope you'll think of us!

We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stayed at Hotel Monaco for two nights in late December. We made our reservation through Expedia the afternoon of our arrival as we were skiing in Breckenridge. When we arrived at the hotel, the valet was quick to assist us with unloading our bags, and was able to accommodate the fact that we did not want to remove our snowboards from the roof rack. The front desk had our multi-room reservation and had our party in adjoining rooms. The bellman was also pleasant and helpful given the number of bags we had on this road trip.

The rooms themselves are quite nice with extremely high ceilings which I would venture to guess are 15 feet or more in height. Everything was completely clean. Bonus points awarded for:

- They had three full size towels in the bathroom. This is great given my wife needs two towels when showering. We stayed at several cheaper places on this road trip and were disappointed by the number of places which only provided two towels by default. (Strange, but important)

- The mattress was truly comfortable. Again, this makes a huge difference and, in my experience, isn't all that common.

- The rooms are well insulated, the AC is completely silent, and the temperature can be exactly set.

- The restaurant adjoining the hotel has an early happy hour with great drink deals.

- Monaco hosts a wonderful wine and cider reception each evening in the lobby. This is a wonderful distinction and great fun after a day out in the snow and cold.

Other key notes:

The hotel is only two blocks from the 16th street mall. A free tram ride will quickly get you to the fine restaurants on Larimer.

Head to head, and money not being a factor, I would stay at the Monaco over the Ritz in downtown Denver. However, I will continue to favor the Four Seasons when pricing allows. That may not be a fair comparison, but I feel it shows the high regard that I have for this property. I have already booked my next stay for the Denver Broncos first home playoff game.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of your stay with us. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your time here at Hotel Monaco Denver.

Next time you are in the Denver area, make sure to check out Panzano's award winning happy hour again! We host it each and every day from 2:30 PM - 6:00 PM. It is always a treat to enjoy!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.