“Perfect!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

A really lovely place to stay! Loved my goldfish and the cool bed. The restaurant is super as well....The staff are committed to there work and are very friendly...........In the lobby you will find coffe, the and hot chocolate that you can enjoy in the morning hours with a newspaper next to the cosy fireplace....great!

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for the nice review! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us at Hotel Monaco Denver.

We're also happy that you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee, tea, and hot chocolate service! We have that out each morning for our guests.

Please keep us in mind anytime you find yourself in Denver!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Denver. I have stayed here a few times and each time I leave I always wonder why I would even think about staying any other place when I'm in Denver.
The staff is amazing, the pet policy encourages a fun atmosphere. I don't always bring my pet, but I still enjoy the Monaco. When I bring my dog it's even more fun. They have a welcoming policy for pets, which removes the stigma I sometimes feel when traveling with our Yorkiepoo.
If you haven't stayed here you should. If you like animals and a friendly place with outstanding service, this is the place to stay in Denver. It's downtown, within walking distance to restaurants, shopping and lots of fun things to do.
On one visit I had a business meeting and the Monaco staff found us a great dogsitter who came to the hotel. My meeting went late and the sitter had to leave, when we returned my dog was at the front desk having a great time waiting for our return.
The rooms are beautiful and comfortable with amazing beds and linens. I can't say enough good things about this hotel. The workout facility is great and open at all hours and has great equipment. I worked out late and there was plenty of cold bottled water, towels, earphones, apples and of course it was very clean as this whole property always is.
This last stay I asked about an upgrade when we checked in and was upgraded to a very comfortable suite. It was the last day of a two week driving vacation and we were beat. The staff seems to always pick up on the mood of the guests. We went to our room and very shortly a bottle of wine was delivered to our room compliments of our bellman.
After having a few nights of mediocre hotels, this was the perfect place for the last night of our vacation. Our dog loves the Monaco as much as we do!

Room Tip: If you need anything ask, the staff is always very helpful. I love having a goldfish in my room. If...
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a lovely review. We are so happy to hear you had a great stay at the end of your vacation!

Your yorkiepoo is as welcome here as you are, and we're glad your dog enjoyed the stay as well!

We hope you'll keep us in mind anytime your travels bring you to the Mile HIgh City, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

I stayed at the Denver Monaco this past week and I gotta say it.. it was my favorite hotel I've ever stayed in. The decor is awesome. The restaurant, Panzano, is insanely delicious- the service was phenomenal and we were treated like royalty. The hotel staff were great. Friendly and helpful and always smiling. Great recommendations from Parker, Dane, and both Laurens! Thank you all! I already miss having my morning coffee by the fireplace in the lobby. What a beautiful trip. I can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic review! It's great to hear such wonderful feedback from our guests.

We're glad you were able to take advantage of our morning coffee and tea service, while enjoying that great fireplace!

Keep us in mind the next time you are in the Denver area! We are certainly looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Santa Maria, Ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

The pets are welcome policy makes a friendly clientele. The staff is kind, helpful, and gracious. We arrived without a pet, and were offered a goldfish to cheer the room. Love it! The decor was unusual and pleasing, a place with a difference (besides the dogs!) Happy Hour was attended by canine and human guests, and again, the dogs made conversation with strangers easy. Breakfast the next morning was delicious with good service. Comfortable bed, nice linens, dog dishes and pad on floor...all made for a relaxing and good stay.

Dear Valued Guest,

We are so happy that you had a great stay with us. We love hearing great feedback such as yours!

Our wine hour is every evening from 5 PM - 6 PM, so make sure to swing by for that each time you stay with us, and keep an eye out for some furry friends! We love pets, and every time you stay, our "Guppy Love" program is available to you so that you may have a pet goldfish for your stay!

Once again, thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you again in the near future!

Galveston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I apologize to the entire Monaco Denver staff for my review being so late as my stay here was in August over three months ago but here goes:

My entire stay was completely flawless. Excellent location if you want to be downtown and be able to walk to many shops, bars, restaurants, etc. I traveled with two large boxers and this was the most pet friendly hotel I've ever experienced. Most hotels, if they take dogs at all, usually have weight/size restrictions basically only allowing small toy breeds.

Food/water bowls and dog beds provided upon request!! Now what other hotel in Denver does that? Even though you are downtown, there is even a nice grassy area up the street to walk your dogs complete with a bag dispenser to clean up after them. They even write your pet's names on a dog shaped chalkboard at the front entrance.

Logan checked me in and I was upgraded to a Mediterranean suite and it was honestly WAY more of a room than what I needed. He was excellent during my entire stay always asking if we needed anything.

I can't say enough about the staff and how great everyone was to us. The valet and front door staff always greeted us and were very attentive.

The standard Kimpton wine hour was particularly pleasant because they also offered snacks and the large lobby area made for a less crowded wine hour than what I had previously experienced at another Kimpton hotel. The staff also seemed to mingle more with the guests during wine hour than my previous Kimpton experience.

Panzano is the hotel restaurant but I'll review it separately.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of us! Its fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us!

We absolutely love having pets come and stay with us, so make sure to bring your boxers each time you visit.

From all of us at Hotel Monaco Denver, thanks so much for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you, and your four-legged travel companions, again soon!

Plainfield, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I LOVE the Kimpton Chain. Each Hotel is "Their own", with their own feel. Even though there are other Monaco's in other Cities, Each one is special, and a unique experience. This Monaco is truly great. Staff was great, Room was great! I upgraded my room to the two person tub.... Fantastic. Whenever i travel for fun to cities, and I am not looking to be cheap, The Kimptons are the first I research. Excellent Place Monaco Denver! Highly recommend, and would stay here in downtown Denver in a heartbeat.... FYI: Digging the crazy leather stirrup chairs in the lobby....Please note, did not have time to try out any other Amenities the hotel has to offer.....Missed the free wine hour due to dinner.

Room Tip: IF you can, keep an eye on the the Kimpton's Facebook site, etc. Often there are little perks wi...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We love hearing about your wonderful experience.

We hope next time you'll be able to take advantage of our complimentary wine hour from 5 PM - 6 PM, but if you are unable to, just swing by the front desk and we would be happy to get you a glass of wine on us!

We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

DIrector of Guest Services
Lafayette, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

On a fluke we decided to spend the weekend in downtown Denver at the Hotel Monaco. We were greeted like old friends with a very warm welcome. My husband answered a trivia question that got us an upgrade on our room. We got a lovely spacious suite. At 5 PM they had wine, chair massage and ordourves in the lobby. I'd be happy to stay there again. It was the friendliness of a B&B with the privacy of a nice hotel. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a trivia question to answer
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review! It's so nice to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay with us.

Congrats on answering that trivia questions correctly as well! We're happy that you enjoyed that nice upgrade!

We hope you'll think of us anytime you are in the Denver area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!