“Perfect downtown location, excellent staff, large dog friendly!!”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #16 of 157 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Galveston, Texas
“Perfect downtown location, excellent staff, large dog friendly!!”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I apologize to the entire Monaco Denver staff for my review being so late as my stay here was in August over three months ago but here goes:

My entire stay was completely flawless. Excellent location if you want to be downtown and be able to walk to many shops, bars, restaurants, etc. I traveled with two large boxers and this was the most pet friendly hotel I've ever experienced. Most hotels, if they take dogs at all, usually have weight/size restrictions basically only allowing small toy breeds.

Food/water bowls and dog beds provided upon request!! Now what other hotel in Denver does that? Even though you are downtown, there is even a nice grassy area up the street to walk your dogs complete with a bag dispenser to clean up after them. They even write your pet's names on a dog shaped chalkboard at the front entrance.

Logan checked me in and I was upgraded to a Mediterranean suite and it was honestly WAY more of a room than what I needed. He was excellent during my entire stay always asking if we needed anything.

I can't say enough about the staff and how great everyone was to us. The valet and front door staff always greeted us and were very attentive.

The standard Kimpton wine hour was particularly pleasant because they also offered snacks and the large lobby area made for a less crowded wine hour than what I had previously experienced at another Kimpton hotel. The staff also seemed to mingle more with the guests during wine hour than my previous Kimpton experience.

Panzano is the hotel restaurant but I'll review it separately.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review of us! Its fantastic to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay with us!

We absolutely love having pets come and stay with us, so make sure to bring your boxers each time you visit.

From all of us at Hotel Monaco Denver, thanks so much for staying with us, and we look forward to seeing you, and your four-legged travel companions, again soon!

Director of Guest Services

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Plainfield, Illinois, USA
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I LOVE the Kimpton Chain. Each Hotel is "Their own", with their own feel. Even though there are other Monaco's in other Cities, Each one is special, and a unique experience. This Monaco is truly great. Staff was great, Room was great! I upgraded my room to the two person tub.... Fantastic. Whenever i travel for fun to cities, and I am not looking to be cheap, The Kimptons are the first I research. Excellent Place Monaco Denver! Highly recommend, and would stay here in downtown Denver in a heartbeat.... FYI: Digging the crazy leather stirrup chairs in the lobby....Please note, did not have time to try out any other Amenities the hotel has to offer.....Missed the free wine hour due to dinner.

Room Tip: IF you can, keep an eye on the the Kimpton's Facebook site, etc. Often there are little perks wi...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review! We love hearing about your wonderful experience.

We hope next time you'll be able to take advantage of our complimentary wine hour from 5 PM - 6 PM, but if you are unable to, just swing by the front desk and we would be happy to get you a glass of wine on us!

We're looking forward to seeing you again soon!

DIrector of Guest Services
Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed November 22, 2012

On a fluke we decided to spend the weekend in downtown Denver at the Hotel Monaco. We were greeted like old friends with a very warm welcome. My husband answered a trivia question that got us an upgrade on our room. We got a lovely spacious suite. At 5 PM they had wine, chair massage and ordourves in the lobby. I'd be happy to stay there again. It was the friendliness of a B&B with the privacy of a nice hotel. Loved it.

Room Tip: Ask for a trivia question to answer
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the great review! It's so nice to hear you had a wonderful time during your stay with us.

Congrats on answering that trivia questions correctly as well! We're happy that you enjoyed that nice upgrade!

We hope you'll think of us anytime you are in the Denver area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed November 21, 2012

First, allow me to say that I am a real fan of the Kimpton hotel chain... I most cases I have been fully satisfied with every Kimpton I have stayed in (Some exceptions, look at my review history).

But, without a doubt, Denver's Hotel Monaco is a 5 STAR winner!!!

Tip: Always call and ask for a coffee maker at check-in. Sure there is free coffee in the lobby, but I like a fresh cup in my room.

BEST PERK: Free city bicycles for the day! These are nice bikes with helmets and lock... And, Denver is a great city for bikes! WONDERFUL...

The rooms are clean, the place is hip, and the staff is kind...

Why stay at a big chain hotel when you can have the boutique feel with the Kimpton rewards plan too?

Room Tip: Tip: Always call and ask for a coffee maker at check-in. Sure there is free coffee in the lobby, but...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for such an amazing review! We're so happy that we were able to make such a wonderful impression on you.

We're really glad you were able to take advantage of our "Ride Like a Local" bike program. Be sure to borrow those bikes anytime you stay with us!

We hope you'll keep us in mind the next time your travels bring you to Denver, and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I enjoy kimpton hotels, this one is no different.

We arrived here after 4 days of snowboarding in Vail. Yes, we were exhausted. and this staff is so damn friendly!

Check-in was super easy, and our room faced the street, which i love! We only had a few minutes to relax, when we realized that it was time for their wine hour!
Lemme tell ya, their wine hour is outstanding. red and white wine flowed freely, and there was also some bites from the restaurant. delicious.

And hello, also a massage therapist, performing chair massages? bonus!

we hightailed it outta there to go to dinner. and hit some bars.

i think it was past 2am when we stumbled back to the hotel (or did we take a cab?) the night auditor greeted us warmly, as if it were perfectly normal for us to come stumbling back home past 2am, heavily intoxicated.

decor is kimpton kool. strange artwork, hip-(ish) design, slightly quirky.

we left the next morning for a flight at the asscrack of dawn. the girls at checkout were oh-so friendly, and noticed that i was flying back to SF, and started chatting with me about San Francisco. Wow, not only do they do their jobs, they actually pay attention too! impressive.

thanks, mo-NOCK-o. I'll prob'ly be back next winter during snowboard season.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this review, November 22, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks so much for the great review! It is fantastic to hear such great things from your stay with us.

The next time you are in for some snowboarding, we hope you'll stay with us! And don't forget the wine hour, as we have that each and every evening for you from 5-6 PM.

We are looking forward to the snow, and seeing you again soon!

St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed November 17, 2012 via mobile

I always like Kimpton hotels. There free happy hour is always nice. The location of this hotel is great. Rooms were clean and they allowed a late check out at 1pm. My only complaint is the beds were too hard and we had loud neighbors.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. I do apologize for the loud neighbors. Please let us know anytime you experience a problem with us, so we may take care of it.

We're really glad you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour. Be sure to swing by that each time you are with us. We host it every night from 5-6 PM.

We hope you'll think of us the next time your travels bring you to the Mile High City!

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Monaco from October 5 to 8. The property is in walking distance to a number of bars, restaurants and retail stores. The rooms are clean and fairly spacious and the lobby is gorgeous. The Veda Spa is connected to the hotel and is reasonably priced (for a downtown hotel spa). The attached restaurant has a very good happy hour. I love the vibe of the hotel and the employees were friendly and helpful. The hotel is also pet friendly for anyone traveling with a dog. My only "nit" is that the shower/toilet could use some serious updating in order to match the effort put into the rest of the room/hotel. I enjoyed this hotel and would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the very nice review! We enjoy hearing feedback such as yours, as it helps us fine-tune our operations.

We're glad you enjoyed the award-winning happy hour at our restaurant, Panzano as well! Anytime you are in the area, swing by from 2:30 PM - 6 PM for that happy hour.

We hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Denver!