“If I only had more time ...”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #21 of 160 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 3, 2012

One night was not enough! What a gem this hotel is! Wonderful, accommodating staff, a beautiful room, nice bath products, and a super comfy bed! I don't want to leave, and I hope I have a reason to return real soon! BTW, the jogging path information provided in the room was a great idea, and we used it!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for writing such a nice review. We are really glad you enjoyed your stay with us!

We look forward to seeing you again soon and hopefully you'll be able to stay with us a little longer next time!

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Denver was having some sort of conference overload but I managed to get a room at the Hotel Monaco and I have to say it didn't disappoint. The staff were so thoughtful and friendly, Panzano is an exceptional restaurant and Kimpton should be proud of this hotel. My colleagues were staying at the Four Seasons and the contrast between the service at the Monaco (exceptional but not overbearing) and the Four Seasons where we had a drink the bar and the waitress forgot our water 5 times, was extraordinary. Everyone I interacted with at the Monaco was top notch. Definitely staying there again the next time I'm in Denver. Well done.

Room Tip: I was on a lower floor than the last time I'd been there but the noise level was just fine so I...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

From all of us at Hotel Monaco and Panzano, thank you for writing such a wonderful review. We appreciate hearing great feedback such as yours!

We hope you'll keep us in mind any time your travels bring you to the Mile High city, and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I travel a lot for work, and I can say this was by far one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. First of all, they have a wonderful wine happy hour like all Kimpton hotels. This one includes a free 5 minute MASSAGE. Secondly, they gave us free drink tickets to use at the restaurant. Third, they give you a $10 credit to use in their mini-bar. They have a nice exercise facility. And finally, they have FREE bikes you can check out. I took a bike down the Cherry Creek path. It was beautiful.

The service was excellent. The rooms were clean. The location is excellent. It's a no-brainer. I really love this place and if I ever go back to Denver, I'll be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

First off, WOW! Thank you so much for such an amazing review! It seems like you have a wonderful time with us, and that feels great!

We are really happy that you were able to experience our brand new fitness facility, as well as take advantage of our complimentary bikes. Be sure to borrow them anytime you stay with us!

And next time, swing by for our wine hour each evening from 5 PM - 6 PM. You'll be able to grab a fantastic five-minute massages once more!

We are looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Stayed here about a month ago for a business trip. The staff was excellent. The room was spacious, comfortable, and quiet. And the extra amenities, like the happy hour were wonderful. I especially liked the free wifi and the $10 minibar coupon. Also, Panzano is one of my favorite restaurants in downtown Denver.

However, the decor leaves something to be desired. Even though I live in Houston today, I grew up in Colorado. This place reinforces the stereotype that people from the coasts impose upon Colorado, that's nothing more than a big cow-town in fly-over country. Everywhere you look you see cow hide or cow statues. There's so much more to Colorado and the Rocky Mountains than this. It felt more like Texas than Colorado, and maybe that's the point.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room that is not on the north east side of the building. Otherwise you'll...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review! We are very happy that your enjoyed the complimentary wifi, and $10 "Raid the Mini Bar" credit you received. You'll receive that each and every time you stay with us!

We hope you'll think of us the next time you are in the area, and we certainly look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

As usual, the service and the room were both great! They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and having a good time on our trip. We had a small problem with the heat in our room, but they fixed it quickly and offered us unexpected, but appreciated, compensation. (Nothing over the top, but, again, unexpected and appreciated!) If there is a Kimpton hotel in any city I travel to, it is always my first choice!

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so mich for taking the time to right such a great review. We truly appreciate hearing feedback such as yours.

We are also glad that we were able to quickly take care of any issues you had during your stay.

Keep us in mind anytime your travels bring you to Denver, and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We've stayed here a few times and I absolutely love it. The rooms are beautiful, and for our last stay the friendly front desk clerk asked what the occasion was and when my wife said it was her birthday they upgraded us to a huge suite with a nice city view. Panzano restaurant and the Veda spa are also both absolutely fantastic. The complimentary wine and small bites happy hour at 5 is also a great touch and brings together the guests. The only catch is that the Panzano happy hour is not to be missed, and it ends at 6 so be sure to head over there before it's over!

Room Tip: The corner suites with a city view are excellent
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for such a great review of our hotel. We truly appreciate hearing your wonderful feedback.

We are so happy you enjoyed the suite! Be sure to let us know of any special occasion you spend with us, so we may continue taking great care of you! We're glad that you enjoyed our complimentary wine hour. Remember to check that out anytime you stay with us. We host it each evening from 5 PM until 6 PM.

Once again, we are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us, and we hope you will think of us everytime you visit Denver!

Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

Cool lobby, cool room decor. Had a few small issues with the hotel: 1) rushing water noise in the wall in my first room was so loud I wouldn't have been able to sleep, so I had to switch to a second room on a higher floor, which was better, but the noise was still pretty audible, 2) bathroom's decor and fixtures didn't seem to match the rest of the hotel's cool, modern vibe (looked more like it belonged in a Marriott), and 3) the workout room was super small (3 people were in there the morning I worked out, and we were on top of each other - and there was no workout mat!).

Even given these things, I'd probably stay there again because it's as good or better than the competitor hotels i've stayed at in this range in downtown Denver.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Worktravelgal
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered regarding the noise level in the room and the size of the fitness room. Next time you stay, please check out our new fitness facility that we have just recently finished. I'm sure you'll be pleased with the difference!

We truly appreciate your feedback and hope you will keep us in mind each time you visit Denver.

Again, thank you so much for taking the time to review us, and we hope to see you again soon!