“Fun Hotel-Great Locationb”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #20 of 161 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here for a birthday celebration and couldn't have been more pleased. From the goldfish in the room (so you aren't lonely) to the zebra bathrobes (cozy) the rooms are well appointed, roomy and comfortable. Happy hour in the lobby is buzzing and the wine is pouring. There is a coffee bar set up in the lobby in the morning. You are within walking distance to all that downtown Denver has to offer. A great hotel that I will certainly revisit

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for choosing the Monaco as your birthday destination! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your pet goldfish and the cozy Zebra print robe too!

Like you said, we'll see you again very soon!

Director of Guest Services

Write a ReviewReviews (1,494)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I am vey picky when it comes to where I will stay and I can say the Monaco, Denver did not dissapoint! Beautiful decor, wonderful staff, walking distance to shopping and great restaurants. (Not to mention the Monaco's own in-house restaurant) The complimentary happy hour was first class! Wines, house made specialty drinks, calamari. All beautiffuly served. And the same goes for the complimentary continental breakfast in the lobby. Noticeable attention to detail. What a wonerful place to stay. Will definitely return!

Room Tip: We always pick an upper floor.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for the great feedback! From all of us here at the Monaco, we thank you for your kind words. We're glad to see you enjoyed our great location in the heart of the Mile High City and our hosted evening wine reception too!

See you next time!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

We had a whirlwind tour of New Mexico and Colorado this summer. Our last night was in Denver and we stayed at the Hotel Monaco.

My wife decided to book a night at the Hotel Monaco to end our trip because we always have an awesome time at Kimpton Hotels. I am glad she booked it.

I knew it was going to be a good stay when we checked in and we had a great greeting from the front desk folks.

We checked into our room and it wowed. High ceilings and awesome furnishings.

Once we got cleaned up we went downstairs and enjoyed some wine and pretzels. Got a recommendation on where to go for dinner and headed out.

We went to Larimer Square and had a nice walk along the 16th street mall.

Our bed was comfortable and we were well rested and ready to head home after an awesome vacation.

Everyone we interacted with was awesome. From the valet to the front desk. I highly recommend the Hotel Monaco in Denver.

We look forward to our next stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to share about your stay. We're very happy you had such a great time with us here in Denver and on the rest of your vacation around the southwest.

Make sure to pay us another visit very soon!

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a lovely boutique hotel just off the 16th st mall. We liked everything about it. The reception personnel were friendly, helpful and very quick to get us checked in. The lobby is truly beautiful and the rooms are clean and comfortable. The complimentary wine from 5 to 6 was a lot better than I expected, we had the white which was a delicious Muscat, a sweet and tasty desert wine. I sampled the red which was also excellent. If you miss the wine hour, ask for a coupon that can be used in Panzano which is next door.
This is a pet friendly hotel so if you have a problem with dogs, this is not the place for you.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to write a great review! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the Monaco and especially our hosted evening wine reception.

Please come and see us each and every time you're in the Mile High City.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

Can only echo the positive reviews about the Monaco. We stayed for 5 nights and this was our first stop on a cross country US road trip and by far the best place we stayed. The difference? The staff. Everyone we met from the wait staff in the in-house restaurant to reception, concierge, the doormen were extremely helpful and professional. I manage in a service industry and if I wanted to show my colleagues an example of gret hospitality the team her would be the example I'd use.

Location is also great. This is the best hotel experience we've had in many trips to the US, why stay anywhere else?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

From everyone here at the Hotel Monaco and Panzano, thank you for the outstanding feedback about your stay. We truly pride ourselves on providing exceptional service to each and every one of our guests.

Thank you again and please make sure to come and see us very soon!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I've stayed at the Hotel Monaco several times for weekend trips to Denver. It's so conveniently located in downtown that you can walk to nearly every major attraction. I've stayed here for my baccholorete party for a Rockies game, for a girls night out in downtown, for a weekend business trips, and while waiting out the birth of my niece. My friends have loved it and so has my German Shepard... who get to stay at no extra cost and with no size limit! And when my pooch can't come with me, I call the front desk and they'll bring me a pet gold fish for the night.

The rooms are always spacious, clean, and quiet. The restaurant is great, especially when business keeps me from going out.

And here's where I will brag about the hotel the most. Denver parking structures have odd policies and once my car got locked in one of their structures for a whole extended weekend. Freaking out and only getting a hold line from Denver parking, I come back to the Monaco (hours after checking out) and they track down someone working another structure who could get into the one my car was in. They got my car out of there faster than it took to get through the phone tree for Denver parking.

I recommend this hotel for anyone who feels like being treated special.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Erin Y

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your stay with us. We truly appreciate the feedback in regards to our staff and the service we provide to our guest's, each and every day.

Make sure to bring your pooch with you every time you stay, but if you can't we'll be sure to provide an alternate companion.

Thanks again and we'll see you soon!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Great trip to downtown Denver for a three night stay - love Kimpton Hotels! Easy, efficient check-in. Great king room on the 7th floor, the only thing missing this trip was our dog, Kimptons are VERY pet friendly. Loved the wine social hour, met a nice couple from Florida - good conversation. Staff were knowledgable about the Flip Flop Cabernet - yummo! Easy walking around the 16th Street Mall and Laramar Square for great shopping and restaurants. After shopping took advantage of a 'wonderful' pedicure at the Veda Spa colocated at the hotel! Great service with Aveda products! Walked to the Ellie Caulkin Opera house for a great show! Had a very late night after discovering a speak-easy and some nice concoctions near the hotel, so at the 'last minute' (1:45 AM) ordered late night room service and quickly had a wonderful caprese salad an panini delivered by friendly staff. Took advantage of the bottomless mimosas at Panzanos for Sunday brunch. Had great meals, nice ingredients in the dishes. Easy walk to the public transport for a $4 round trip to the Broncos preseason game! Nice walk to Wyncoop (a Denver staple) for late dinner and beer. Helpful information from concierge regarding options for getting back to the airport. They offer taxis with a flat fee of $55, about the same price of a shuttle for two wtihout all the stops. Loved it...we'll be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Services_Mngr, Director of Guest Services at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Wow! It sounds like you were able to enjoy some of Denver's best entertainment while you were here. Thanks for the great feedback about not only the Hotel Monaco, but everything the great city of Denver has to offer.

We truly thank you for taking the time to write about your stay.

Make sure to stay with us for each and every Denver Broncos home game!