“Great service and convenient location”

Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver
Ranked #17 of 159 Hotels in Denver
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed two nights here with my partner for a conference at the hotel. Staff was outstanding - courteous and helpful. Location is great, just a block from the 16th street pedestrian mall with the free bus service. Rooms were well appointed and clean.

They welcome animals, which is great, but some guests were letting their dog bark in the hallway at 11pm when we were trying to sleep, so they got a piece of our mind about that. That was bad behavior from the guest though, no fault of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed June 4, 2011

Best part is that it is right by the shops etc. Went with my two year old and they gave her a toy and a goldfish to keep in room. Where else does that? Great hotel and excellent staff. Restaurant is NOT kid friendly and we were very unwelcome

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed May 31, 2011

The hotel has been nicely renovated, with fun rooms that compliment the overall feel of Hotel Monaco. We really enjoyed staying here in Denver, for its central location and amenities. For a Denver hotel the staff were a little pretentious, and normally I would never comment on the way hotel employees act, but since I stay in Denver a lot I really think that the front desk staff was lacking some courtesy and professional training. That being said our stay was exactly what you would expect from Kimpton, and they've kept Hotel Monaco Denver competitive with other high-end downtown hotels.

Room Tip: Check the deals directly through their website
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank StellaCO
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Great location, three blocks from the conference center and a 10 minute walk to LoDo, the happening area of Denver. Rooms are large with individualized decor. The nice thing about Kimpton hotels is that you don't get the generic colors of a chain hotel.

Staff are very efficient and professional. I particularly commend the conceirge Logan, who I contacted after I couldn't buy tickets to a concert which sold out in 20 minutes (Adele). He contacted me multiple times over several weeks but was ultimately was unable to get me a ticket in the price range I was willing to pay. When I checked in there was a note in my room apologizing for his inability to get the tickets and wishing me a good stay. I commend Logan and the hotel for remembering this after several months had passed. It is indicative of their attention to guests.

Stay here, you will love it!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2011

We stayed at The Hotel Monaco in Denver, CO for 3 nights. From the valet, front desk, management, bell hops, maids,and all employees that we met at the hotel were very helpful, friendly and courteous.
We felt very comfortable and at home.
The wine hour in the evening was particularly relaxing and enjoyable.
Our bed was cozy and comfortable. We did enjoy a suite which was roomy and nicely furnished. A very relaxing decor.

Room Tip: Ask to be a way from the elevator
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Guest_Services_Mngr, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2011

Hello!

Thank you so much for your great review on our property! We appreciate the feedback and are pleased to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. We really focus on providing exemplary service to all of our guests!

We look forward to accomodating you soon!

Warm Regards,

Parker Sams
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2011

There's always a lower-priced option than a Kimpton property, but sometimes you want to live a little, right? Monaco's another great Kimpton hotel right in downtown Denver.

Hotel Monaco manages to pull off being elegant, but casually chic and welcoming. As I expected, my room was bold but relaxing and the linens left me thinking I need to upgrade my bedding at home.

The bathroom brought a smile to my face, with a separate stall shower, fluffy towels and Aveda products.

Staff was warm and efficient, without the attitude that sometimes accompanies boutique hotels and trendy restaurants.

Joining the loyalty program will get you free wifi, but there's no escaping the parking fees: $29 daily for valet parking, exclusive of tips.

One of these days I'm going to take them up on the in-room goldfish.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Price - $119 on Hotwire.

Internet – Make sure you register for the Kimpton InTouch loyalty program ahead ot time, to get a free WiFi login email provided upon checkin for use throughout the hotel. Download speeds were acceptable enough to comfortably use VoIP.

Location – Less than 5 minute walk to the free shuttle, shopping & restaurants on 16th St. Great location for this hip and happening recently renovated boutique hotel, less than 10 minutes from the convention centre.

Transportation – I elected for the hourly $11 RTD Skyride, which picked me up 5 minutes away on departure. The 45 minute coach ride was roomy, and luggage was stored under the bus by the driver, with a receipt provided if needed. I heard that the SuperShuttle was jam packed and took 90 minutes with all the waiting and stop offs to get one to their downtown location.

Room – A front desk member personally came upstairs to upgrade me from a double queen room next to the elevator to a massive higher level one bedroom king suite. Super high ceilings and décor made me feel like I was in an Austin Powers movie, although I thoroughly enjoyed the funky designs (including that in the uber cool main lobby). The jet tub is huge, although the backsplash is a bit simple. The Aveda products provided are a nice touch. Oh, and you’ll love the free goldfish bowl that they personally bring to your room.

Management – The intern at the front desk was the perkiest and friendliest checkin person I’ve met in years. She was well supported by another staff member.

Fitness – Free but congested gym on the 2nd floor with a couple of treadmills, exercise machines, free weights and no cable/weight. Grab a free apple and fill up your water bottle from complimentary water cooler while you’re there!

Food – Free wine, hors d’oeuvres and 5 minute neck & shoulder massages in the lobby everyday between 5 pm to 6 pm! I used the free beverage coupon provided in the room towards my $6 cereal & toast breakfast at the hotel restaurant. Service was a bit awkward as I was placed at the bar (no napkin or utensils provided, etc.) due to a ‘5-10 minute wait’, even though people right after me were seated within 1-2 minutes. No free coffee in the room, surprisingly.

Room Tip: Ask for a free upgrade to the king 1 bedroom suits
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bukwaas
Guest_Services_Mngr, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2011

Thank you so much for your feedback and review. We appreciate you taking the time to to share with other travelers the hightlights of your recent stay with us.

On behalf of our entire staff here at the Hotel Monaco Denver we would like to thank you for your business and we hope to see you again when your travels bring you back to the area!

Parker Sams